Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Too much garlic
Posted by: Lukkraw ()
Date: April 15, 2007 12:50AM

I have consumed a lot of garlic lately. About 3 cloves a day in 1 smoothie. I realise that it's probably not very good for the stomach because it burns a lil but is this bad? hehe well I guess I answered that question so Ill ask another one hehe What can I use to aid detoxification? besides garlic hehe

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Too much garlic
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2007 12:58AM

Doct Shulze says there is no limit. He talks a bout a women who took 47 at one time. You have a ways to go yet.

el.....

Posted by: Lukkraw ()
Date: April 15, 2007 01:00AM

LOL thats funny lol ok ill continue then hehe

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 15, 2007 01:24AM

Lukkraw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL thats funny lol ok ill continue then hehe

allicin may exert anti-microbial effects on bad bacteria, however, it may also destroy friendly bacteria.

Both allicin and raw garlic preparations which contain allicin have been shown to decrease the bacteria flora.

Further, being a strong oxidizing agent allicin may damage sensitive cells which line the intestinal tract as it has been shown to damage the cells lining the stomach.

[www.allicin.com]

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: April 15, 2007 04:53PM

I've read in past posts the rule of thumb is "would you eat it raw if you came upon it in the wild"? and I found that rule helpful for garlic other strongly flavoured spices etc as well.

I still use a small amount in some dressings, still transitioning but can see the day where I won't want it.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 15, 2007 05:58PM

Lukkraw,

For myself, if I find a certain food causes me pain in my stomach or digestive system, I back off rather than try to push through. When you hear people talk about "listening to the body", this is one of those cases that listening is warranted.

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 16, 2007 04:51AM

I discussed garlic not long ago with fuzzysocks...I am half Filipino and we consume large amounts of garlic (least my family does). We put it raw into vinegar to dip things in, etc. Even as an itty bitty child, I would crave raw garlic...even used to dig up the wild patches that grew near the edge of the woods and wipe them off to happily munch. I wonder if certain ethnicities are better able to eat certain things...being half Asian, I always had a hard time digesting dairy when I was omni. Many Asians are lactose intolerant. My husband, who is of Scandinavian origin, loves garlic, but cannot tolerate it as well as I. My oldest child used to teethe on green onions and loved garlic. I couldn't keep him away from it. Spices do not bother me, either...though I've found that I don't need as much garlic nor spices to satisfy me anymore. My taste buds are becoming much more sensitive. My stomach still has zero negative reaction to garlic.

Having lived in Manila a few years back, I think the anti-microbial properties of garlic are very useful in such hot, tropical climates where refrigeration is not always available...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables