Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New kid on the block-need help
Posted by: hereami ()
Date: April 15, 2007 03:57AM

I need help with salad dressing recipes. My taste buds prefer the spicy-tangy flavor. I love the store bought Thousand Island and ranch but the ingredients such as vinegar,sugar,and veg.oil is off limits for my candida cleanse. My hubby loves french dressing. He teamed up with me on the cleanse. I tried Annie Salad dressing and it didn't agree with my taste buds. I also tried some others at the whole food market,but ended up trashing the bottle. I did try blending carrot juice and avocado but the taste was too sweet for my salad. I thought that was a good healthy idea. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New kid on the block-need help
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 15, 2007 04:04AM

Heres a thousand island like dressing:

blend 1 blood orange, the juice of another blood orange with some (1/8-1/4 cup) sunflower seeds. (if you don't have a powerful blender, you may want to grind the seeds in a coffee grinder first).

Re: New kid on the block-need help
Posted by: hereami ()
Date: April 16, 2007 03:02AM

Thanks,this will be my first time experience to try a blood orange. Can you compare it or describe the taste? Did you mean raw or roasted sunflower seeds?
Today,I tried avocado,lemon juice,grapeseed oil, and sunflower seeds in the blender.[excellent for my taste buds] I have a magic bullet and I love it. I live in Louisiana. Tomorrow, I will search for blood oranges. And I will get back with you when I try your recipe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables