Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Physical Changes on raw
Posted by: love ()
Date: April 22, 2007 03:50PM

Thank you kwan!

What was the thread about Alissa Cohen? I am new to this forum, so what was it about exactly? Is it still around? I own her book, so hmm. I am interested.

Love to all!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: April 22, 2007 04:07PM

Miaculpa, I think for me about 5 pounds represents a difference in 1 dress size. I don't know if that's just me...? also I may have lost 12 or even 15 pounds, that's possible... I'm just not really sure because I don't own a scale... all I know is, I love how my clothes fit now. they actually...FIT. there isnt weird fat anywhere anymore that makes clothes-shopping difficult.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 22, 2007 11:06PM

love,
There was a thread in which a number of people commented that they didn't think Alyssa Cohen looked as fit as they would expect a raw food role model to look. Some thought she was overweight, and that she didn't reflect well on the raw food community when she was on a mainstream TV show with some other women who apparently looked thinner.

Sigh. ;-p We're better than this, really we are!

BTW, I saw her on that show, and I thought she looked pretty and didn't look fat.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 22, 2007 11:32PM

Kwan, thanks for sharing! smiling smiley))

I tried some juicing again, just for fun. I don't like it! Nothing seems better to me that plain fruit and greens in their natural form. That's it for me and the juices curiosity ha ha.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 23, 2007 12:21AM

I don't much care for juices either in that way since they are either pricey (if bought from a store) or require much process and cleanup. It also requires dicipline/scheduling difficulty of doing it on an empty stomach and also - I have found - optimally 1.-2 hours before the large fruits meals i've grown accustomed to - allowing the body to 'switch' properly

I definetly perfer the taste, sweetness and texture and sometimes even experience of eating mono-fruits over drinking of vegetable juices. and also enjoy endlessly chewing on celery and 'prefer it' over juices in the same way

I still do it...for the reasons I posted in the juice thread...just my experience

Posted by: love ()
Date: April 23, 2007 01:07AM

Thank you kwan! I saw that show to, I think you mean the Tyra Banks show right?

Love to all!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 23, 2007 03:52AM

rawgosia-- You're so cool; I think you are one of those people of great strength and discipline who hone right in on what works for you/what doesn't. That's a real gift.

anaken-- Making juice drinks is so messy, I agree. That's the part I like least about juicing, and probably why I don't do it very often.

love-- yes, now I remember, it was Tyra Banks. (Spring brain-fog.)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 23, 2007 04:02AM

I like myself and think I am beautiful. I never ever did in my entire life, I mean, there are things and days I hate myself, but not like it was when I was cooked. I really felt like a monster on cooked foods.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 23, 2007 04:43AM

coconutcream

No reason for you not to become purely angelic.

elnatural

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 23, 2007 05:24PM

kwan,

yeah I should have emphasised the "I still do it part"

so yeah...in spite of all the negatives and hmm how shold I say experiential pros and cons of juicing in comparison to eating whole foods. I still think its a vital part of my program and don't think it should be dismissed for those reasons or the other reasons I've tried to point out on the other thread.

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 23, 2007 05:36PM

Thanks Kwan for the reply. And being so deatiled. No ur life isnt boring, its your life and a good one with ur mate. smiling smiley I'ts about being happy and at least trying to live the best life u can.

But first I have to agrre with you on soemthing thats not related to physical changes. I too think about our earth and the future of it. Its as it were my child, my love, my parents my all. I hate how we are destroying it. I THINK ABOUT IT EVERYDAY. At my work I see so much paper being trashed and not recycled, and then i think about the whole NYC city. And where does all that trash go.. and I wanna have children one day!!! but will they have a future??? I feel like we humans will soon kill ourselves and become extinct. The Tsunami was just a warning from God and mother nature. I am currently working and thrive to continue/climb in the music business as a publicist. But lately I've had these thoughts that I should switch to Saving the earth... but music is my love... but I will shut up about this... It's a whole other topic.. sad smiley

Anyway I love to receive advise. The more the better, anything that will make me a better human being/woman... I cant believe there is all this knowledge we have, and most of the population isnt being educated about it. I feel that raw food and recycling and how to live a better life should be taught in schools!!!!!!!!!!
the younger you start the better.

DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES TO POST ON UR RAW CHANGES????????????????????

Posted by: bronwynsun ()
Date: April 23, 2007 10:44PM

i'm pretty sure i'm just getting cuter every day tongue sticking out smiley

no, but my skin is like satin when i'm having lots of fruit...really smooth. my face is clear, and it's easier to get toned up...

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 23, 2007 11:33PM

When people complain about how messy juicing is I think it's nothing compared to cooked food messes. It takes me less than ten minutes to clean my juicer. Maybe I haven't been raw long enough to forget how much time I used to spend cleaning up after cooked meals.

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: April 24, 2007 12:23AM

I've only been raw a little over 3 months (well, I played with it last year but could never stick to it for any appreciable length of time).

Here are some of the physical changes I've noticed.

1) Clearer, smoother, glowing, younger looking skin everywhere. My face has always been a problem but lately I find that I don't even care if I wear makeup anymore. And the skin on the rest of my body - with the exception of some bad stretch marks in certain places - glistens, for lack of better description.

2) No bad breath

3) No unpleasant body odor (including stinky feet, etc). To the contrary, my hubby says I smell good.

4) Don't know if this counts as physical, exactly - but it seems to take very little effort to build and maintain a little muscle, and I also take to new workouts pretty quickly - the first time it's horrendously hard, then the next time I surprise myself by being able to do it much more easily.

I expect/hope to see some major changes to my hair - but it has definitely not been long enough for hair regeneration to take place.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables