Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Going raw tips please
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2007 07:32AM

I have been vegan for about 8 years, I am 24 year old, male, I play soccer for 3 hours everyday and I am a professional poker player.

I want to transition to raw food diet.
Any tips, articles, books, must reads etc.?

please, and thanks

Patrick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Going raw tips please
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: April 15, 2007 03:39PM

One book that comes highly recommended by sucessful raw fooders is Dr Graham's 80/10/10 diet.

[www.foodnsport.com]

The first thing I had to overcome was my ideas about getting "enough" protein.
Then you may experience some detox symptoms, headches, dizziness, rashes depending on how much recyling of toxic cells etc your body needs to do.

A lot of the rest will come from your own experiences as you transition to raw.
At first I ate too many nuts and seed to get "enough" protein and curb cravings almost gave myself irritable bowel syndrome.

I found it both interesting and true that we become addicted to what we eat so certain fruits and veggies that don't particularly turn you on now you will start to like a lot.

Welcome and enjoy your journey to amazing raw health!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 15, 2007 06:09PM

MavTen,

On the bottom of each page of this forum is a popup menu under the text "Navigate Living and Raw Foods below", with items like "Home Page", "Articles", "Recipes", etc. Just choose one of these items can click the "Go" button.

Also usesful is Doug Graham's FAQ on the raw diet at foodnsport.com.

For a comprehensive explanation of the raw food diet, see [www.rawfoodexplained.com]

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 15, 2007 06:58PM

i'll trade you raw secrets for poker secrets

strait up

haha

the best tip is to start including whole fresh ripe [organic] produce into your diet,

Other than the protein thing, another common issue to 'get over' is that even though eating raw unadulterated unprocessed plant foods seems simple enough (and eventually it is simple and easeful) it can be a whole other universe when it comes to thinking about how food functions and the state of your health (there should be a warning label on the raw food diet: what you thought you knew before does not apply! ). Its important to become well versed in concepts such as food combining and what constitutes a healthful transitional diet. Another tip is that although there will be support here, support in the everyday will be extremely limited. don't expect other people to understand what you are doing, or expect things to always fit into your existing lifestyle. Yet you CAN make things work at a level you are comfortable at, and figureing out what that level is - is the first step to sucess

Posted by: Harmony ()
Date: April 15, 2007 07:55PM

I agree that Dr. Graham's The 80/10/10 Diet is a must-read! grinning smiley
[www.foodnsport.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables