Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

HELP! Suggestions for sluggish bowels?
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 15, 2007 03:34PM

I will admit to ODing on the tahina this week.

As a result, it has been 2.5 days since I've been able to have a BM. It is also the week prior to my period, so the combination is almost more than I can bear.

This morning I've only had some watermelon...

Can anyone give me good pointers on what to do to help flush this *without having to drink anything like salt water* Should I do an all fruit day and stay away from the dried fruits and tahina? I shall up the water intake as well.

Thanks in advance,

Mia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELP! Suggestions for sluggish bowels?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2007 03:39PM

Check Doct. Shulze's intestinal cleanse products.

el.....

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 15, 2007 04:10PM

I'd say not to 'Panic'. Just start eating your proper diet and, over a period of time, your problem will take care of itself......WY

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 15, 2007 04:59PM

Eat a large head of romaine lettuce every night (without a fatty dressing, preferably plain) and you'll have great bowel movements daily. Or you could use a large stalk of celery or 2 heads of smaller lettuce like iceberg, butter, etc.

Posted by: Harmony ()
Date: April 15, 2007 05:03PM

Since you've already had the watermelon this morning, maybe you could just continue with that. It always seems to have a "flushing" effect on me when I eat it because it's so high in both water and fiber. No non-foods are necessary to get the bowels moving.

I hope you feel better soon.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: April 15, 2007 05:25PM

Eat more fibrous fruit - apples, pears, peaches, apricots, plums. At least 3-5 pieces per day.

Something that works for me is an apple sauce with greens in it: put apples and/or pears in the cuisinart with a handful of greens (parsley, cilantro, kale, etc.), blend and eat.

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 15, 2007 06:12PM

great ideas guys!

My body seems to want greens and fruit today and not fats...which, in conjunction with upping the water, seems to be working. I don't want to put an artificial cleanse in...I tried that once early on and felt terrible.

Posted by: hereami ()
Date: April 15, 2007 08:57PM

Before I started juicing dark greens and wheat grass, I was drinking 1/4 cup of organic prune juice.[Good old fashion remedy] When I AWAKE in the morning and again before I go to bed. It works! It may take a day before it kicks in,depending on your condition. Kill two birds with one stone. Prunes are very high in antioxidants and they mop up the free radicals in your body. In addition;Be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day on a regular basis.

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: April 15, 2007 09:42PM

Green smoothies help me better than just about anything -- 2 heads of leafy greens + fruit + water or fruit juice in the blender. (I avoid bananas nowadays and lots of berries always seem to do really well with me.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables