Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

to BRIAN 1C
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 16, 2007 07:36AM

hey brian

saw your post about john kabat zinn and the meditation

i read a little bit about him in a bill moyers book and i liked what he had to say

then at an event, a woman told me how she really enjoyed one of his meditation CD's and how it really helped her relax

do you know which CD she may have been alluding to?
i was really interested but forget what the title of it was

it was a long time ago she mentioned it like a year ago

at any rate, i was wondering if you could tell me more
or if you know more about his meditation CD's or if u could recommend one and tell me how it affected you or helped your meditation etc.

i'm interested

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: to BRIAN 1C
Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: April 16, 2007 06:48PM

Hi La Veronique,

Sorry to say but I don't have any cds from Dr.Kabat-Zinn. I have his book "Full Catastrophe Living" which is an awesome,awesome book and worth every penny IMO. I can say that when I follow his advice and do the exercises, stress is greatly reduced in my life. I had thought at one time to get his cds but I find that following his book is doing the trick for me so I didn't bother. His book along with other Buddhist literature that I read online helps me a lot in my practice of Mindfulness Meditation,which is basically focusing the mind on what you are doing at the present time. Sounds simple but don't be fooled. The mind is the hardest thing to control. However with practice, each day it becomes easier. I have his website here for you. Check it out and maybe you'll find something you like. Good luck.
[www.mindfulnesstapes.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables