Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fermented veggies?
Posted by: sweterson ()
Date: April 16, 2007 02:25PM

I am curious to know how many of you partake? Of those who are ill, do you find this has helped in any way? AND . . . what is the difference between fermented veggies and vinegar? Several years ago, I fasted at the Rest of Your Life retreat in Barksdale, TX under the supervisison of Drs. Gregg and Tosca Haag (Virginia Vetrano's daughter). One of the last things they said to me, as I was leaving, was "Don't ever ever ever consume vinegar. It will suspend digestion and it is NOT health promoting!". It bothers me anyway and I don't use it. However, I am reading more about fermented vegetables and find it quite intriguing. Any info you are able to share is greatly appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fermented veggies?
Posted by: chickory ()
Date: April 16, 2007 07:00PM

Hi Sweterson:
Since I've started fermenting and eating veggies, I've felt slightly healthier. I make mine without any salt.
Chickory

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 16, 2007 07:09PM

hmm you should ask elnatural he is way into the kim-chi making and such!!!!! i know there is a way to make them with just water and a good fermenting device you can make youerself...sorry not much help i guess huh? haha
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoox

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 16, 2007 07:34PM

vinegar does hinder digestion, vinegar of any kind. fermented foods are made without vinegar and can even be made without salt. as for whether they are good for *you* or not, only your body can tell you that and it may change over time.
i do like fermented foods myself and find that they improve digestion if i have them in moderation and in good combination with other foods.
there are some great tools for making ferments at home. jars for pickles, crocks for kraut and kimchi etc. i haven't mastered it myself but luckily there are some companies making raw fermented organic veg out there just for me! smiling smiley

Posted by: hereami ()
Date: April 17, 2007 12:42AM

I just read the book,"THE pH BALANCE," by Dr. Young. He strongly discourages the use of vinegar and fermented veggies. He said, to replace the vinegar with Fresh Lemon juice. WHY??? Anything containing vinegar or anything that is fermented produces an acid in your body and promotes the growth of CANDIDA YEAST in the intestines. An over growth of yeast in the intestine can cause numerous health problems as you age. An acidic body leads to cancer. Cancer can not grow in an alkaline state. I love pickles,bananna peppers and cherry peppers. It was tuff giving it up... But I did it. The lemon juice is an excellent replacement and now,I eat my favorite peppers raw without vinegar. This is a friendly suggestion.
Research it for yourself and make the best decision for yourself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables