Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Craving and Easting Zucchini
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 16, 2007 08:18PM

the last week and a half i have been craving and eating large ammounts of zucchini ... the first few days i didnt think much of it but its been days and its pretty much all ive been eatin g... save for the odd apple or orange or banana (not a whole lotta fruit available around here yet)

so i did a nutrient search on zuchini and the one thing that stood out as being quite high was Lutein + zeaxanthin

so i look up Lutein + zeaxanthin and find that these two nutrients are heavily involved in eye protection

part of what i read is this; from here [www.pdrhealth.com]

Lutein and zeaxanthin are members of the carotenoid family, a family best known for another one of its members, beta-carotene (see Beta-Carotene). They are natural fat-soluble yellowish pigments found in some plants, algae and photosynthetic bacteria. They serve as accessory light-gathering pigments and to protect these organisms against the toxic effects of ultra-violet radiation and oxygen. They also appear to protect humans against phototoxic damage. Lutein and zeaxanthin are found in the macula of the human retina, as well as the human crystalline lens. They are thought to play a role in protection against age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) and age-related cataract formation. They may also be protective against some forms of cancer. These two carotenoids are sometimes referred to as macular yellow, retinal carotenoids or macular pigment.

a few people here know that ive been dealing with some eye issues lately and i find it funny that the cravings started a couple of days after i finished the steroid drops

the body is wonderful thing given the opportunity

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Craving and Easting Zucchini
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 16, 2007 09:06PM

That is very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables