Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

BODY SCREAMS FOR FAT.
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 17, 2007 12:02AM

I tried doing the all fruit thing today...At around 7:45, my fat cravings got the better of me. Argh!

@7:30 whole avocado, 2 dates

@7:45 tahina with broccoli, baby carrots, cauliflower; water

I HAVE NO idea how you do the 80/10/10 high fruit/low fat stuff. My premenstrual body is screeeeaming for fat.

Is this normal in the beginning? I am a tahina addict, I think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BODY SCREAMS FOR FAT.
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 17, 2007 12:08AM

Somewhere between screaming for fat and feeling bloated with too much fat....you'll find a level that is conscious and right for you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Felix ()
Date: April 17, 2007 12:10AM

It does take some work to go without overt fats or at least minimize it. But it can be done. I just joined Patrick Patenaude and many others and went one full week without overt fats. I do have two avocados waiting to ripen but I can wait.

Proverbs 15:17 (New International Version) "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred."

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: April 17, 2007 01:06AM

MY body screams for SUGAR!!

Not from fruit but HONEY!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE HONey and FAT (nuts) mixed real well

Like sesame seeds and honey with chocolate nibs!
OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!

I love HONEY, Molassas, syrup...

I am on day 21 of a juice feast and actaully bought a block of honey in the comb the other day and ate it in one sitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find myself taking spoonfulls of raw honey
Swigs of molassas and maple syrup!!

AND I uesd to be VEGAN not too long ago!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Date: April 17, 2007 01:12AM

I did well all day...then was asked to make some tahina for the family.

I stirred it and chopped the little things into it, while the tahina's seductive siren song kept reaching out to me. By the time I drizzled olive oil onto the top, she had her wicked clutches into me again. Broccoli jumped from NOWHERE into my hands and I found myself mindlessly dipping things into that bowl.

Mind you, I had MUCH less than I had in the previous days. However, it took mundo willpower.

When I was omni, I was the type to eat the fat on the steak and throw away the meat. I know I have an overt fat problem. It is disgusting. I thought the avocado would help, but it didn't.

I can live without sweets...but fats are my downfall.

Interestingly, I am a blood typ O pos. According to Dr Abravenel's body type diet, I am an adrenal. Apparently adrenal types crave fats/salty stuff.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: April 17, 2007 02:39AM

I am a type O as well

Meat is supposed to be good for us - I've been vegan over 10 years!

I crave fat AND sugar
LOVe nuts with dried fruit
stevia or Honey with sesame seeds/nusts and nut butters all mixed in a bowl...

What the hell is wrong with me?

Posted by: Forrest ()
Date: April 17, 2007 02:53AM

cravings... are interesting. You probably have a virus that needs to be fed. I wish I were a medical intuitive, I would help you for sure.

Wondering why David Mason posted a picture of a tile floor? that's just abstract enough to make me laugh a bit.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: April 17, 2007 02:54AM

Hey miaculpa, maybe you're just not ready to give up the fats yet. 80/10/10 interests me and its the top book on my "to buy" book list, but there is NO WAY I'm doing my initial 7 weeks raw experiment (coming in mid-May) without overt fats. A woman's gotta know her limitations.

I do try to keep the fats down to reasonable levels. My mouth drops when I look at some of the fat content in gourmet raw recipes and I would never add olive oil to tahini, as the tahini has plenty of oil already imo. Maybe by avoiding eating more than one fat at a time you can begin to trim the amount of fats you are eating overall. This is what I try to do. I don't put oil on my salad if I'm having avocado in it, for example, or eat tahini and avocados together and so on. On good days I avoid having fats back to back. For instance, if I had cucumber with soaked almonds for lunch, I wouldn't have tahini dip and cauliflower as a snack. (course I DO have days in which i have tahini, almonds and THEN dark chocolate to boot! : / but we won't talk about that hehe)

A moderate amount of fats is good for you. What exactly defines "moderate" is, apparently, up to the individual to decide, or Doug Graham, depending on where your head is.

khale

Date: April 17, 2007 03:29AM

Hehehe, khale...I make tahina the way I was taught in Israel...and oil was always drizzled liberally over the mess. Of course, I am an oil junkie.

forrest- I likely have SOMETHING that needs feeding. I've been this way all my life.

rawrr- I have been a vegan and also a wholesale low carbing carnivore. I have always been sooo sick when I eat the meat. I don't know how it can be good for us, because though the body craves it-it does nothing good for me.

btw nice tile job in the photo

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 17, 2007 11:47AM

-Ha! ha! Its not zen.......I was just messing around late last night with getting pictures into my posts....and signature! I'll get it right!

BTW: That's the latest picture from the living room! The tile is in! winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: love ()
Date: April 18, 2007 08:18PM

Hello!

Maybe your body needs some fat? Who says raw fat is bad? Some people say raw fruit is bad, so I guess you just gotta listen to your body and follow your "feeling".

Have fun!

Love to all!

love

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: April 22, 2007 04:53PM

Miaculpa, just go with what your body craves if it's raw, and don't worry about following what anyone else thinks is the best diet for you. I too am type O pos, ate tons of raw fat while feeling terrific and losing weight, then the longer I was raw the less fat I wanted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables