Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

apple and spinach fast
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 17, 2007 03:20AM

hey guys well i just wanted 2 kno if anybody did anything like an apple and spinache fast,, i hav run out of money and probably wont have any for a couple of weeks,, all i hav is spinach apples and lemons,, im gunna be making smoothies out of this, ill just be having one cup a day,, and water fasting sum days between that,, does anybody kno if this combo of food is cleansing, and anybody hav ne advice, also wat healing effects could i see while fasting on these 3 foods? thanks guys!:]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: apple and spinach fast
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 19, 2007 02:10AM

Hi Fuzzy,

Sorry to hear about your situation. If your body is really clean, you could go on a 10 day water fast. You could also put lemon juice in the water but technically, this wouldn't be a fast as there are nutrients in the lemon.

I have done the 10 day water fast. (I probably need to do another one in the near future.) I broke the fast with half an apple. I didn't eat any spinach on it.

As a general rule of thumb, just eating raw will help you cleanse and heal. I don't have any experience with the mixture that you have in mind. Only with the other two items, though not necessarily all at once.

Also, not sure. You might consider eating the items rather than making a smoothie as this will take you longer to eat and make the food last longer in theory.

Good luck.
Therese

Re: apple and spinach fast
Posted by: greengrl ()
Date: April 19, 2007 08:48AM

Hi, A nice cup of green spinach and apple smoothie is fine to live off for a couple of days, but there is a certain acid in spinach that can be toxic in large amounts. oxalic acid i think. anyways, just thought i'd warn ya!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables