Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Raw as a Spiritual Practice
Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: April 24, 2007 10:32AM

Khale said:

There's a breaking away from the predominate "spirit of the times" and the predominate culture in which we live. There is a sense in which we serve as couriers of a new age and are actively pursuing "values" that are certainly not mainstream at this time.

I agree with you Khale that there is more to the raw diet. And I'll run "couriers of a new age" by my kids and see if they like that one better than the "we are pioneers" I've been driving them mad with smiling smiley

When I first started eating raw I tried to convert everyone I knew and met. I must have been such an irritating person at that time. Then, when I realized that I wasn't going to make anyone "see the light" I started making raw gourmet food to try and impress all the non-believers. Now I'm turning into a peaceful fruiteater and I just try to live my life as well as I can. My eyes have opened and I am beginning to really see. I'm learning to genuinely love other people, all people, without needing to judge them.

I remember telling a friend last year that I didn't think I would ever be able to physically embrace a drunk or a junky as my brother/sister. Last weekend I was woken up by the crying and screaming of a woman who was being beaten by a man in my street. I stopped the man who was beating her without feeling the need to judge what he was doing and called the police. The woman,who was drunk and obviously a junky, was bleeding so I moved her hair from her face to see where the blood was coming from and I heard myself talking to her in a soothing voice, calling her sweetie, as if she was my child who had hurt herself. She warned me she had hepatitis B and I heard myself thinking "that's ok, I'm raw,that won't hurt me". Anyway, the police came, she ended up not wanting to go with them for medical treatment and probably wound up going back to the guy who beat her up.

I went back upstairs and washed my hands and just to be on the safe side put some teatree oil in the watersmiling smiley And then I realized that I'm not fearful anymore, I've lost my fear. My fear of getting sick or old or embracing drunken junkies. As a peaceful fruiteater I'm living according to the laws of nature and I can feel people responding to that. More and more I find answers just coming into my head without thinking about them as I'm learning to be in the here and now and trust my instincts. I'm finding my true self underneath all the layers of junk I'm unpeeling as not just my body but my brain as well are cleaning themselves. I hardly ever watch television anymore because I feel I've just landed in the best adventure ever, my own life.

I'm not writing this to show what a wonderful person I've become.On the contrary,I've still got loads to learn. Just to tell about the changes that have happened to me since I've started eating raw which for me are definitely connected to my growing spiritual awareness.

Love, francis

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: khale ()
Date: April 24, 2007 12:46PM

Frannie wrote:

"I agree with you Khale that there is more to the raw diet. And I'll run "couriers of a new age" by my kids and see if they like that one better than the "we are pioneers" I've been driving them mad with smiling smiley"

Haha! too funny Frannie!

Don't be surprised if "couriers of a new age" get a few eye rolls and groans too!

khale

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 24, 2007 02:43PM

Oh Frannie, What a wonderful post. You hit the nail on the head.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables