Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruit or fat?
Posted by: love ()
Date: April 20, 2007 08:26PM

Hello everybody!

I was just wondering what you would choose, fruit or fat? (Fruit being, bananas, mangos, apples, etc. And fat being nuts, seeds, oils, avocados, coconuts, etc.) I know that a lot of people love fruit. So this is just a question on, how is your skin, hair, body, weight, energy, etc, like when you eat fruit or fat? Basically how does your body respond to either?

I know that some raw food teacher's say stay away from fat, and some of them say stay away from fruit. So, sense there is a lot of different people saying different things about that subject, what do you experience when you eat them?

Also, what exactly is high fat, modarate fat, and low fat? Give me an example.

I have researched this stuff a lot, and just like I said, a lot of people tell you to eat fruit, others fat, others, anything you want. So, I would just like some real life storys here!

Thank you all!

Love to all!

love

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruit or fat?
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 20, 2007 08:35PM

both!! grinning smiley fat helps my skin so much and i have cystic acne,, but frui helps detox, ALOT, but it makes you feel super good, and hapy like say after you eat a bowl of cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes, and pineapple mmmmmm :]] plus fruits hav so many antioxidants in them, and fats like flax help with brain function, like wen i feel depressed i eat some flax, and literally BAM ten minutes later i feel okay :] they are both good for you i think, watever your body is asking for, like i never used 2 like avocadoes, and olive oi, and all that yummy stuff, but now i think it is one of the most delicious foods ever!! and it is helping heal my acne,, so how could something that helps your body heal be bad for you, plus its all natural and RAWWWWW!! grinning smileyD

Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: April 20, 2007 08:40PM

I say go RAW COMPLETELY, and worry about the details of how much fruit/fat once you can do that consistently for a period. But don't overeat raw treats such as dehydrated things, agave syrup, tahini, nut butters, etc. The further away from the natural state, the further it should be from the center of your diet!! Other than those rules, I go on how I feel at the moment, by body tells me when I've had enough olive oil, or avocados, or dates or apples. Just listen smiling smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 20, 2007 08:58PM

-Depending on what kind of fruit you like, you can do both! Ha! ha! But I would eat more fruit and less fat.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: April 20, 2007 09:36PM

I would choose which ever my body was needing at that moment in time....

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: April 20, 2007 09:51PM

The Fruitarian One Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would choose which ever my body was needing at
> that moment in time....

Good answer, indeed!

Date: April 21, 2007 12:13AM

You are all so awesome! GREAT replies!

fuzzysox, I am loving ground flax seed a lot lately! So raw fat really helps acne? Thank you!

abc123tyler, oh my! I love what you say! Tell me more on why to not eat a lot of dehydrated things and nut butters and all. Why I ask is because when I was eating like that I felt like I was getting more UNhealthy! What do you eat? Thank you!

davidzanemason, thank you! It is always nice to see your bright posts!

The Fruitarian One, thank you too! I listen to my bodys messages knowing that its advice is valid!

Rawrrr!, Thank you too!

Love to all!

Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: April 21, 2007 02:54AM

The thing with nut butters is you can eat a tremendous amount of nuts without realizing it. And especially when you combine the nut butter with something else, you are setting yourself up for overeating it right from the start. Naturally you would never eat that many nuts, EVER! If you had to smash every shell yourself, you get an idea how many nuts we should eat. A very good measure as to whether you should eat something is if you would want it by itself with nothing else. Would it still taste good and would your body want it then? I like to ask myself "Would I climb up in a tree to get (apple, nuts, whatever) this food? If I don't feel like my body wants it, I probably don't need it.

Dehydrated things, once again it is easy to overeat them, but don't deprive yourself completely if you really like certain things. Just remember to eat more of the other stuff smiling smiley Are you familar with alkalinity, making your body more alkaline and the ideas behind it? These things can be tied to that.. I have found much truth to the alkalinity provoking nature in foods and how good I feel.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 21, 2007 03:08AM

I haven't stayed raw long or messed around long enough to really know but I am noticing that fruit has actually filled me up at times unlike fat (nuts and sees) that I can keep binging on.

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 21, 2007 05:58AM

oh wow, great posts. This is going to help my tahina addiction sooo much!

(I DON'T LIKE CRACKING NUTS AT ALL. My mother had those nutcrackers/picks on the table constantly with nuts as a kid. I hated walnuts the most, though I like Brazilnuts and macadamias...but could never eat too many when I had to do the work myself)

I am the poster child of Tahina Addiction. I think that should be my signature.

Date: April 22, 2007 03:12AM

Thank you all!

abc123tyler, I love what you do! I shall try this! Thank you!

LikeItOrNot, thank you too!

miaculpa, maybe you need the tahini, you know? Tahini is great! I wonder if we would eat that many sesame seeds? Or maybe try grinding your own? Or maybe I should try it and tell you how it goes? Thank you!

So, I am really interested in what creates your hair and skin to be clear, soft, etc. (for skin). And healthy, thick, shiny, etc. (for hair).

Do you break out or experience weird things when you eat something you are alergic to? Like wheat?

Thank you all!

Love to all!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables