Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Coconutcream all fruit
Posted by: Connie Boo ()
Date: April 20, 2007 08:46PM

When you talk about people who you know that are eating all fruit, are they also eating nuts and avacados. Could you give us some examples.

Thanks Connie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coconutcream all fruit
Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: April 20, 2007 08:53PM

I consider an avocado a fruit, as well as nuts from a tree. I am mostly all fruit and although I eat nuts, a handful a day maximum is what you should have. Hand shelling nuts is the best way to give you an idea for how easily you would be eating them... unlike avocados and other fruits. You can stop eating them easier when you have to crack them open yourself. Not to mention nuts are dryer when you buy them in the store than when they harvest them.

I eat almost no grains or spices or roots, but I do eat them sometimes. Just think, if I was in the jungle what would I eat? Would I dig up some carrots and potatoes? Would I eat individual wheat and other grains? What you would eat most in a most natural environment, eat most! I like to keep it simple.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 20, 2007 08:57PM

-I eat just fruits (including avocados) and no nuts...and have for a couple of years now. Works for me. LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: April 20, 2007 09:38PM

Thank you davidzanemason

I know it must change on how many calories is consumed, but could you let us know about how much avacado you consume? When you stopped consuming greens was it because you thought your nutrient content was built up? I was eating alot of greens and then got sick os them.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 21, 2007 04:19AM

not alot of fruitarians like avos, Only in transition, but a few eat them regulary, once a week. I see the trend now is this talk about fats. Whatever the latest book is, is what people worry about. Avocados are fruits, they are good.,I just hope the next trend is towards avocados I love them.

nuts, some do, some don't, some don't eat greens, others do a few times. a few eat cooked fruit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2007 04:20AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: April 21, 2007 06:40AM

I was eating probably 8 avocados on average a day for the past few weeks.. I just wanted the extra fat, I felt I needed it. I do agree with the trend seeming to be "low fat," which I think is something that will come and go like always. I think some people complicate fat with other things and other problems associated with it that shouldn't be.

By the way, one of my favorite snacks is pears with olive oil...amazing. Also, dates with olive oil is a pretty good treat too.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 21, 2007 05:53PM

hmm cooked fruit...I ate jackfruit and durian chips once awhile back that I found in a chinese market. I think they were free of salt but certainly prepared in some kind of oil. what fruits are commonly cooked? Is that a Spain thing? smiling smiley

Date: April 22, 2007 01:53AM

Thank you coconut cream and everybody. I have been wondering about this for awhile.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 22, 2007 08:27AM

pears with olive oil, intersting.

Hate to bring up the meat issue, but I was looking at carol alt's interviews and she eats raw meat, anyways, she said if her boyfriend doesn't get raw meat, he gets very pale and can't function hardly, and her too sometimes, and that some people need raw meat.

opinion on why,anybody? Sorry, to bring it up, it grosses m eout, but I just want to know why some people need it. sad smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 22, 2007 10:56AM

For the same reason that people eat raw fruit, spinach, carrot, for the unheated, unaltered nutrients.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 22, 2007 05:08PM

not to keep this thread on more of a tangent but if one is curious... put the above discussed on a plate as meal for an invisible person while you have your dinner fruit/salad. after eating put it in a pot for 30 mins (at least) at body temp. then keep it in the pot covered for 36 hours (transit time)...

getting pale would have to do with the existance of 'white blood cells' in the process of detoxification i would think. I definetly got super-pale then regained color eventually even without much sunshine. There are good arguments for why what used to symbolize the pure white upper class genetics is actually a considition of inherited diseased 'bad blood'

but back to the non banned discussion smiling smiley I can see myself if I was in some foreign land I would consider eating cooked fruit or cooked starchy fruit on occasion in addition to the local juicy fruits. just a thought.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables