Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Describe your diet for one day
Posted by: ReneeK ()
Date: April 21, 2007 12:01AM

What is your normal breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? I am trying to get a basic idea of how much this diet (not 'diet' as in losing weight, but 'diet' as in types of foods consumed.)

Grazie infinite!
Renee

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Describe your diet for one day
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 21, 2007 12:57AM

haha ya i would deffinately not call wat i eat a diet lol hmm o id say

3 biig salads throughout the day or more with pring mix or spinache,tomatoes, tons of onion, garlic, sprout mix with the lentils and green beans etc,,avocado(i eat an avocado a day) sea salt, oliv oil hmm 1 red pepper (each salad) and watever else i might have, but thats the usual stuff

3 apples
sum other fruits like kiwi pineapple or watevr, i eat 3 kiwis or 1/4 the pineapple and cups full of mixed berries with raw cocoa powder and flax,, mgaw i luv that stuff,,
lol im transitioning so thats y its so much
i like 2 keep it simple mainly bc i dont hav a dhydrator, i hav a blender and a juicer but they require huge amounts of fruit and i just dont hav money for that, and im lazy, all those recipes i see r so many ingredients, blend this, combine 10 thing blah blah lol, 2 much stuffage 2 go thru just 2 eat,plus it just feels better simpler :] and i feel reeally satisfied, sumtimes i eat more than that, and no tumm aches if u wait like an hour b4 u eat sumthin else,, its kool :]

Posted by: Harmony ()
Date: April 21, 2007 01:47AM

I don't normally like to eat before noon.

Sometimes I'll eat about a half dozen mangoes with lime juice for lunch, and for dinner maybe a little more fruit, whatever I want, and a large salad with romaine, red & yellow bell peppers, pineapple chunks, red grapes, grape tomatoes.

Sometimes I'll have one giant watermelon for the whole day, or it'll be several glasses of fresh OJ (maybe a half gallon?).

Lately I haven't wanted any greens...mostly monomeals of fruit. I eat as much as I want until satiated. I drink water if I find myself thirsty throughout the day. Usually I drink little to no water (esp if eating something like watermelon). I try to buy what's in season because the quality and price will be best. Now the strawberries & blackberries are coming into season and I'm wanting those, as well as the ataulfo mangoes and watermelon. The oranges aren't tasting as good to me now. In the Winter, I was enjoying oranges, dates, and banana smoothies more.

I hope this helps,
Harmony smiling smiley

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: April 21, 2007 04:38AM

zone bar + chocolate for breakfast (not raw), then throughout the rest of the day I just eat whatever fruit or vegetable is handy, I just wash something and eat it, no prep whatsoever, I'm lazy. Occasionally I get a craving for something specific but that's rare now, whereas in the beginning the specific fruit/veggie cravings ruled my raw life. My favorite combination meals lately are greens + a banana + any berries.

Posted by: Petals ()
Date: April 21, 2007 04:47AM

Three days ago i had a bowl of vegetable curry soup then nothing but water till today. I am this moment trying to eat a bowl of dark grapws, banana, kiwis and mango, but I am not very hungry for the last week for some reason.

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 21, 2007 05:24AM

petals, did you go on a water fast?

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: April 21, 2007 05:24AM

a 3 fruit smoothie with either sesame seeds, grapes, or spinach added for their good properties,

a large salad of spinach, ruccola or watercress with red and yellow peppers, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, and tons of italian spices. (alt pears and walnuts), and a fruit (usually an orange)

snack is a big bowl of dark grapes, a cucumber and an apple, or a cup of coffee with vegan cream and honey

supper could be a grated large zucchini with an extra large portion of raw fresh tomato sauce and olives

I eat most of my food between 5:00 and 14:00 to suit my schedule, and I feel that when I eat more during the first hours of waking up, I don't really need anything later on at night, which means I can have dinner at 5 pm, and give my stomach 3-5 hours of digestion before I go to bed. I always wake up with energy and I have an extremely active lifestyle too, so... If I don't eat lots during the day, I DIE at work grinning smiley

xxpeisi

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 10, 2007 07:00PM

yesterday

breakfast none

1000snack 20 oz tiny juicy grape tomatoes

1230 lunch 1 whole cantelope sliced and diced, 1 banana

1430 snack 8 oz sliced mushrooms ( not a normal part of my diet, but i wanted some)

1600 another snack 4 oranges

1800 supper 2 cups blueberries and 1 cup strawberries

today

breakfast none

1030 am snack 20 oz tiny juicy grape tomatoes ( my favorite right now)

1200lunch 6 cups organic baby greens,

1400 snack 3 banana, 3 stalk celery smoothie

1430 another snack 1/2 cantelope

haven't had supper yet, but KNOW i will have another huge salad (the greens are going south, and i have a broken leg so i need the micro-nutrients i don't usually eat this many) and another banana celery shake and some strawberries...

i have been tryig to take my bodies cues more lately and that means not eating till i'm hungry. so i usually eat between 10 am and try to stop eating at 6 pm to give my stomch some rest before going to sleep... if i ate later than 6 pm then i have excess energy going on and i can't sleep.

hope this helps

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 10, 2007 09:51PM

I just have fruit for breakfast, usually around 10 AM, usually including a few bananas and a couple of oranges and an avocado. If I have to eat earlier than that, I'll save the avocado for lunch. I snack on fruit when I'm hungry during the day, and then I eat sesame/sunflower seed sprouts in the mid to late afternoon with more fruit. Lately the fruit at my house is bananas, oranges, surinam cherries, ice cream beans, and jackfruits (my favorite).

Once or twice a week I have a big green salad with lots of different raw green things in it and usually with some sprouted wheat. Along with my salad, I often treat myself to a dressing of olive oil (cold pressed organic) and lemon juice.

I don't eat cooked food. Radical raw woman here.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2007 10:02PM by suncloud.

Posted by: silverundertone ()
Date: May 10, 2007 10:43PM

1 banana
1 cup of strawberries
1 kiwi

1 apple/orange

1 cup of pineapple or other fruit

two small salads each consisting of

4 leaves of lettuce (redleaf or greenleaf)
1/2 tomato
1/2 carrot
1 garlic clove
1 tsp fresh ginger root
a few things of cilantro
1/2 cup broccoli
1/2 avocado (when i have them)
1/2 pepper (when i have them)
some onion
1 tbsp raw hemp protein powder
some braggs liquid aminos and raw apple cider vinegar..

dinner is usually beer.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 10, 2007 10:47PM

Silverundertone, that sounds a lot like my diet but my salads are big, and I use soy yogurt on my fruit and soy milk in my halfcaff. Dinner is usually beer.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 10, 2007 11:32PM

Great post!

I'm trying to raise my percentage of raw food slowly (since trying to go 100% in the past didn't work for me) so I'm at about 85% raw now.

My typical day (I eat 6 mini meals rather that big meals and snacks):
Morning:
2 fruits and about 1/2 oz of nuts

Mid-morning:
Dip made with sesame seed butter or avocado, raw veggies or lettuce leaves, fruit

Afternoon:
salad avocado and olive oil/ACV vinigrette or tehina

Mid-Afternoon:
raw soup (like a gazpacho) and fruit

Evening:
Salad of veggies, fruit, 1/2 oz nuts, and some dry fruit
If I feel like munching in the evening, some dry fruit

Lots of water with a twist of lemon or lime throughout the day (keeps me off of the caffeine grinning smiley)

Tam

Posted by: silverundertone ()
Date: May 10, 2007 11:49PM

on the rare day i dont have to work... i make myself a couple of huge salads.. (6 leaves of lettuce, two carrots, tomato, whole avocado, handfull of raw macadamia nuts, 2 tbsp raw hemp protein powder, plenty of onion, a few cloves of garlic, lots of fresh ginger root, a whole bell pepper.......etc)
but i cant bring something that big with me to work.... sad smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 11, 2007 12:05AM

i start off with reds in the morning (apples, cherries etc.), then yellows and oranges (lemons, oranges, peppers, bananas etc) then greens and blues (veggies and blueberries) followed by purples (cabbage)

i call it jodis raw rainbow regime =P

its kinda like paint by numbers ..i try to get all the colors in eveyrday winking smiley
or
eat by yumbers !!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2007 12:07AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 11, 2007 12:22AM

usually my first meal is after noon or 1. Often, if i'm flush with cash i'll pick up a green juice on the way to work..I also buy pressed juices when I can, and those you can keep in the fridge.

today was kinda a freak day, representing probably the largest quanity of food i've eaten

today I had 2 small organic Galla mellons around, so I opted for those instead of the juice..

12:30: 12 bananas
4:00 : pressed all-green juice (spinach, cucumber, kale, celery, romaine
5:30 : 15 small ataulfo mangoes
7:30 : 3/4 of a 5 lb durian

Posted by: Shellbi ()
Date: May 11, 2007 05:02AM

Nobody eats those delicious raw flax crackers that are sold in the raw food section of whole foods market?

When I finally buy a food processor, I'm going to make raw chocolate balls.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 11, 2007 06:33AM

hey there...oh fuzzy thank you so much for posting that haha...i was just getting ready to sign off and eat dinner but it is 1130 here haha at night..and i was readig your post about pineapple and berries and i all of a sudden remember the bag of fruit ihad in my car haha...i jumped up and ran out there to get them in and to the fridge haha...i had a bowl of berries..a bowl of cantelope and 3 bowls of pineapple..it was freshly cut and on sale haha so i picked it up....thanks haha for eating those things i was like OMG i jumped immediately and ran out ther haha..

hmm well i guess since i started a post i will say what i eat so it pertains to this haha

usually don't eat until 1 or 2 in the afternoon...then i have a little fruit like a few strawberries or a1/2 cup of blueberries or something...
then for a snack later will have like 1/2 cup of carrots and 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
then dinner i will eat a melon then later have a big head of greens like kale or collards..with spinach and sprouts rolled in them sometimes.....

hmm hope this helps haha
good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: treflur ()
Date: May 29, 2007 06:43PM

Fruits and apples in the morning, and usually coffee too.

Then in the evening I'll have a big salad with parsley, mushrooms, onions and garlic. I like balsamic vinigar and oil too. Sometimes fish.

I am i year raw and still transition-food just for the hell of it-

Posted by: Berlinpathos ()
Date: May 29, 2007 07:07PM

Recently? Two bottles of kombucha 'till I get hungry... which is anytime between 12:00 and 3:00, when I'll eat an apple or some carrots. Then watermelon 'prolly 4 or 5 hours after. Then a dry salad sometime at night.

Posted by: sndnance ()
Date: May 29, 2007 07:57PM

I usually eat a banana on my way to work at about 6:30am or I will eat a whole mango or banana when I get there @7:30am. Then I will have another banana or whatever other fruit I have with me at about 9am or 11am or whenever hungry. At 12:30 I have a salad with roamine lettuce, tomatoe, brocolli, colliflower, and avo with some all natural dressing (haven't started making my own yet). Then on the way home at about 4pm I have an apple. Then for dinner I like to have a smoothie and another salad or some fruit.

Posted by: CherryBlossom ()
Date: May 29, 2007 08:10PM

I always eat just fruit in the morning. Anything that's in season. I eat as much as I need to not feel hungry. Today: 1 mango, 2 peaches.

For lunch I eat salad with mixed greens and whatever veggies I happened to find. I use olive oil and lemon for dressing. Today: Salad mix, Bell pepper, avocado.

In the afternoon I am craving sugar so I munch on dates..sometimes a lot of them
and have some green tea.

In the evening I eat more salad. I don't eat many nuts because apparently they are not good to combine with eating fruit or veggies. I am trying to learn about raw food combining and what not to eat together.

I ordered some raw oats from Alissa Cohen's website so I will sample those as soon they arrive.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: May 30, 2007 02:35PM

I could post a typical day input for weak or digestive troubles. It can be used and tweaked to fit any day actually. Easy to get enough Calories and such and pretty good too this way smiling smiley

MEAL 1:
juice one type of fruit (apple, pear, grapes, etc.) with 6 stalks of celery to yield about 32 ounces.

MEAL 2:
juice from 2 cucumbers blended with 6 bananas.

MEAL 3:
Either 6 bananas OR 5 mango OR 1-2lbs grapes OR 10-15 dates or repeat MEAL 2 with dates added

MEALS 4:
16 ounce juiced carrots, kale and celery
OR/AND if still hungry
1 head of romaine, .5 avocado, 1 red pepper, 1 cucumber, 4ounce mushrooms, or whatever veggies as desired

Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: May 30, 2007 05:22PM

Hello, all, I've been on "the road" way too long. Glad to be back home.

Breakfast is sometimes bananas, pineapple, oranges, young cocnuts & their milk.

Lunch is usually a green salad, broccoli, scallions, avacados, tahini dressing or the like.

Dinner is similar to dinner, but it depends.

Now, I'll have various other little meals in between the above. For example, apple carrot juice, wheat grass shot with a bottle of water, apples, papaya, almonds or the like.

So, there're my .02 centavos.

Thanks,

Arilraw

PS, again I trained like a dog for that triathlon, again I couldn't do it due to injury. Pooh.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 30, 2007 08:13PM

It's so interesting to see what everyone eats!Thanks Renee for starting this thread! My typical day is:

Breakfast - lots of fruit, usually 2-3 pieces, with some raw almond butter (which I love with apples) or raw nuts, and herbal tea (not strictly raw, I know)

Lunch - big salad or lots of chopped raw veggies like carrots, zuchinni, tomatoes, etc, with raw hummus or other raw dip, and sometimes raw crackers (I looooove Lydia's Organics Green Crackers, yummmm!)

Snack - usually fruit, but sometimes a raw treat like raweos or some type of raw bar.

Dinner - If I'm even still hungry (I'm usually less hungry at night) then I'll have a green and fruit smoothie, or try a recipe like raw sushi. If I eat cooked vegan in a day it's usually for dinner with my husband.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables