Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

lemonade fast
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 22, 2007 01:29AM

hello,

i apologize if this topic has come up before. but some of you guys are experts in fasting and my friend wants to try her first fast.

she wants to do the lemonade fast, which is water mixed with squeezed lemon, salt, cayenne pepper, and organic grade b maple syrup.

more info: www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse

is this what it is hyped up to be? should this be her first fast?

thanks,

tamara

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: lemonade fast
Posted by: Cypher_X ()
Date: April 22, 2007 01:55AM

Just make sure that your friend uses maple syrup that hasn't been processed using formaldehyde pellets. Although it's illegal to use formaldehyde during syrup production, their are some companies that still do it.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 22, 2007 02:06AM

I agree with the formaldehyde warning. The Master Cleanse was the first one that I was ever on. It did help some. My hearing and ability to be heard improved as I did release some mucus.

There are better fasts but you have to start somewhere.

Therese

Date: April 22, 2007 02:13AM

I plan on starting next month off with a lemonade fast. In the past, I managed to go one day before caving in and eating solid food. I realized that I wasn't ready to do it...but now I am.

There are alternatives to maple syrup:

Molasses

Agave Syrup

Yacon Syrup (new)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2007 02:14AM by Cypher_X.

Date: April 22, 2007 03:42AM

in a lil while

Not long ago a person up in Canada called me by "mistake" thinking he was calling the colonic board company direct. He knew the author of the lemon diet book personally. We talked for quite a while. He is getting incredible results with this cleanse. My freind Mike Snyder interviewed him and I have that interview on my computer. Haven't had the time yet to put it up on my site yet. He is writing a book on cleansing that will be out this Sept. I think his name is Tom Woolocean.

elnatural

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 22, 2007 04:13AM

Do it!

The master cleanse is a great first fast. It's simple and easy for the average SAD person who wants to fast without spending all that time messing with a juicer. If it wasn't for the MC I probably would've never gotten to raw. It clears all that crap out of your system and you don't even want it anymore.

I'd recommend going longer if by day 10 she likes it. The longer you go, the better you feel. You get even more energy and feel even more cleaner. More old colon junk that gets out, most noobs pass mucoid plaque around day 25. The major detox symptoms are gone within the first few days.

Just tell her to keep reading all the posts on their website and that should show you it's the real thing.

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: April 22, 2007 05:36AM

I've done 4 or 5 MC's and I love them! I've also done two 7 day water fasts. The main differences I felt was that with the MC I still had the energy to carry on with all my responsiblities I am a single working mom with five kids) in an even more clear and energetic way. With the water fast I felt like I definately needed to rest more. I've always gone at least 10 days on the MC, and I've done one for 16 and one for 34 days last summer. I felt wonderful! Mentally didn't really want to start eating again, but physically started feeling the need for greens so I stopped.

I recommend the MC for anyone who wants to really clean out their digestive system and release toxins while maintaining an active lifestlye. I would highly recommend drinking the smooth move tea every evening and doing the salt water flush every morning to remove toxins.

Good luck!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 22, 2007 01:56PM

Hi guys,
Sounds great! I have done short Mastercleanses (and longer juice and water fasts), and I just have one question for you. Did you experience any problems with your teeth on a long lemonade fast from all the citrus and maple syrup? I'm just curious. Thanks.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 22, 2007 02:41PM

In the interview I mentioned, Tom talked about one woman who went around a year just on this cleanse alone. I will listen to it again to get the exact number.

elnatural

Date: April 22, 2007 03:18PM

You're supposed to brush your teeth (and tongue) after drinking the lemonade mixture. That way, you avoid having any problems.

Date: April 22, 2007 03:30PM

I'm listening to the interview again.

The longest a person was on the MC was a 60 year old woman for 370 days.

Another amazing story:

A guy was in a wheel chair for 6 1/2 years from a logging accident with severed spinal cord. He tried to kill himself using the MC as a means of starvation. On day 256 of the cleanse he got out of the wheel chair healed!

Don't make the juice ahead of time, always fresh.

elnatural_1

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 22, 2007 08:09PM

elnatural,

I laughed at the wheelchair person wanting to kill himself via the MC and then ended up healed. That is so great! Thanks for sharing. Therese

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 22, 2007 10:58PM

The spinal cord injury healing story is pretty amazing!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: April 23, 2007 06:03AM

I like to drink the lemonade out of a straw to spare my teeth. Also, it's a good idea to rinse with water after each glass and brush often!

Date: April 23, 2007 02:02PM

I've done the MC three times and it gets easier everytime. I 100% recommend it. The first time may be rough but it is worth doing it for the whole 10 days. I did it so I could jump start a transistion into raw. It definitely helped; when I came off the fast I only wanted to eat fresh foods that were good for me.

I agree with everyone else in that you should definitely try to wash your mouth out and brush often. I wasn't so good at that and my teeth became really sensitive during the cleanse. Also, I recommend only doing the tea at night and the salt water flush in the morning. They say you can do the tea in the morning inplace of the salt water flush (SWF) but from my personal experiences the SWF is gentler on your bowels throughout the day. When I did the tea in the morning, I would get extreme stomach aches in the middle of the day and then would eliminate multiple times after that (eliminations were always preceeded by stomach aches though).

Best of luck!

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: April 24, 2007 11:59AM

The master cleanser is a great thing to do, definitely buy Stanley Borough's book and read it before starting. It can also help to join a site like www.43things.com where there are other people sharing their experiences of the MC.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables