Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Clear skin and healthy hair thread
Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: April 26, 2007 05:44PM

Well...a lot of different places lol. If you have to know some specific source (and you need such a small amount) I drink raw kombucha. But mostly because I like to drink it, not for "benefits" from it.

As far as meat and cheese, I have probably eaten more cheese than most any person on this board for the 16 years I ate it. I am from Wisconsin and used to frequently eat entire blocks of sharp, medium cheddar. Come to be, I am lactose intolerant! And I don't think dairy is a group of foods humans should eat, just my opinion and that probably won't change. I come from a family of hunters and hardcore meat eaters. I wasn't overweight but I loved to eat that is for sure. I still love to eat, but love to eat foods that make me feel RAWSOME (I know, tacky). My issue with meat is: we are NOT carnivores and we could not kill to survive like every other meat eater. It is hard for me not to argue with somebody over this, and say let be. Facts: we don't have sharp tooth, nail, claw, or the digestrive tract to eat meats of any kind (save for bugs). Not to mention we perspire through skin, not our tongues (like natural carnivores). Granted, we can survive on meat, or stay alive, but this is not food to our bodies. For the same reason people can live on junk NON-foods and not die, we can eat meat and not die. It is not living, it is NOT dying from it.

I have been vegan for 3 years and mostly raw for that time, never eating vegan "junk foods" that were packaged or frozen. I used to eat soy(milk), more proteinaceous things such as beans, grains, breads and pastas. When I was a vegan I was nazi strict and would not eat something even if the label had ingredients I didn't like towards the bottom. If it had ingredients I didn't like or eat, I didn't eat it. This has helped me I think with being disciplined and I am thanking myself later for being this way. Now, I have eaten maybe 3 things cooked this year so I guess you could call me not 100% RAW. I eat VERY little grains/sprouted beans if any, love to eat fruit, veggies, and leafies. Nuts I try to keep to a bare minimum as I tend to overdo it when I buy them.

I hope I was of some help without being overbearing. I hope to continue learning and NEVER stop learning throughout my life. I feel raw food and nutrition is the path I am set to be on and I want to get the message to every person I can while I am here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 26, 2007 06:17PM

i used 2 drink kombucha but then i went 100% raw and the stuff is only 95%,, o wells,, its tastes really good and it is a good source of b12 :]

lol i used 2 be a cheese addict 2, and my family eats meat and pizza everyday, they dont hunt but my dad used 2, so i get where ur coming frum

i think ur 100% raw, only 3 times in a year lol, thats nothing :p i as exactly the same way with labels, my family thought i was a snob, sheesh i guess thats the price u pay for trying 2 be healthy

i deffinately od on nuts 2 when i buy them, especially nut and fruit mix, gaww that stuff is addictive

i dont think ppl are meant 2 eat meat or cheese either, but everybody is different, everybody has different ethnicity, and their ancestors have survived on different things, although i do think we all at one time ate purely natural fruit and maybe veggies,, but its hard 2 transition 2 that, ppl like eskimos have been living off of stuff like whale blubber for centuries, ew, lol, while a person from africa probably could not survive off that stuff,, so u get wat im saying,,
but i also heard that some people lose alot of weight, and its detox, and it takes a while before their body starts getting back 2 their normal amount of weight,, maybe she didnt wait long enough,, but watever

so ya im going on here, srry about that but i wunna spread the rawness 2!!! grinning smiley

Posted by: ferg ()
Date: April 26, 2007 06:43PM

Tyler and Fuzzysox,

Thanks for the replies... just so you know, most days, I am 100% raw vegan. It's just a few days per month that I indulge in raw cheese. Also there is a huge difference between raw organic cheese and pasturized cooked cheese which is mucas forming. I was a vegetarian for 12 years before I started this raw journey and I must tell you that I feel so great being raw, so much better than I did when I was a vegetarian, so much more alive!

Tyler, I feel the same way as you about health and getting the message out there; when I see people eating fast foods I feel terrible not only for them but for the planet too; in fact, just seeing all the garbage in the food court disgusts me. I wish there was more awareness and interest in raw foods; it would help so many people so much. Like David Wolfe says: People aren't living longer, they are dying longer. Most people I talk to about raw foods think I have lost my mind (well, maybe I have!).

Hey, I forgot about kombucha I used to drink it years and years ago;
maybe i'll give it a shot again. That might help me with my other little addiction (he, he).

Posted by: silverundertone ()
Date: April 26, 2007 06:50PM

i LOVE kombucha...

Posted by: love ()
Date: April 27, 2007 12:55AM

Hi all!

I would love to hear all of your raw story's in more detail! I was heding towards a lot of raw, but then I became descouraged. I read about all these people eating high fruit diets passing at like 70-80 years old! So, whats' up with that? Will you all tell me your experience with your diet, exercise, and swichting around the raw way you eat? Oh, and why do some people lose hair on raw food? Maybe it is because they dyed it before?

Thank you all!

Love to all!

love

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 27, 2007 05:30AM

hey fuzzy...kombucha is 100% raw...it isn't only 95 so drink up....well maybe the kind you found wasn't but MOST all of them are all raw...so enjoy...i can't palate the stuff haha....it tastes yucky to me...but i wish i liked it since it is soo good for you haha.....

love my diary has all my diet and exercise and my issues in it if you want to take a look...it is long though like 12 pages so far haha...so you would have alot to read...but that is why i am going to let you read it and not retype it haha..cuz that is a lot to type smiling smiley......
keep up the good work ladies!!!!

love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 28, 2007 02:07AM

Thank you earthangel!

ferg, I tried to e-mail you back, but it sent me a auto replie back saying that you were out of the office until May 1. Hmm.

Thank you all!

Love to all!

love

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 28, 2007 02:17AM

omgaw!! ok this works,, lower the fats as much as u can,, and use honey on yor face!! OMGOD i just started using the collective wellbeing honey and oat facewash,, and i didnt think it would work at all,, but it was like my body was telling me 2 use it,, and it is a miracle holy moly!! my skin is ALOT better in just the one day ive been using it,, seriously this is crazy!! lol im gunna try and make my own facewash with raw local honey and oats and essential oils,, the honey exfoliates and makes it super soft, this is kewl! yay so i just had 2 say that lol :p

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: April 28, 2007 07:34AM

Here's my best story on diary. Actually it's my husband's story. His name is Scott.

When Scott was 15, his mother died; and since his father was never around and Scott wasn't much of a student, he quit school and was lucky to find a job working at a wheat and dairy farm.

The farmer was kind, and he tried to treat his workers and his animals well, and he farmed as naturally as he felt he was capable, grazing his cows, and growing his own wheat.

But in the Springtime, all dairy farmers MUST separate the mother cows from their baby calves - to the great distress of both the mothers and the babies. This was a traumatic experience for Scott, one that he has never forgotten, for when the 300 cows were separated from their calves, they began to cry. The mothers and the babies all cried. They cried loud desperate cries, as loud as they could, as desperately as they could - all of them at once, over and over - all crying at once for their loss.

They cried for 3 days. On the 4th day, they lost their voices, and yet still they cried, even though by now, all that came out was a hoarse kind of gasp, and still those hoarse gasps went on and on.

Eventually of course, the crying stops, the farmer milks the cow, and humans drink the milk.

The moral of the story is, if you drink the milk, don't forget the tears that brought it to you. Elsie cries.

THE END

I've seen the same thing, but with only one cow and calf when I stayed in Vermont with some friends. It was distressing to me to hear even one cow and calf cry over their separation.

Happily, my husband and I have been strict 100% vegan for over 20 years. At 56, my skin and hair are really pretty great I don't mind saying, hardly a bit of gray in my hair, and really I kind of like the gray that I do have. It's shiny and pretty. My skin is nice and I think has even improved lately since I started sprouting my sunflower and sesame seeds (a day and a half including the soak). Lots of vitamin E in the sunflower seeds, and there's more calcium in 1/4 cup of sesame seeds than in a whole cup of milk.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2007 07:46AM by suncloud.

Date: April 28, 2007 02:54PM

fuzzysox, really low fat is helping you? What are you eating now? Tell me more please! Try some clay! It works so great! I put on lemon essential oil (lemon is great for unclogging pores), and then put on clay, it sucks it out so then you don't get more and you get the yucky's out. I have also been experimenting. Do NOT touch your face! No picking! Wash your hands before you even wash your face! Make sure you do not rub your hands over your face or touch it. If you really watch yourself and think about it, I think people just touch there faces more then they think they do! Also wash your face a lot! A couple of times a day! Thank you! I hope this helps too!

suncloud, thank you for that information and story! I might try some sprouted sunflower and sesame seeds!

Love to all!

love

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: April 30, 2007 02:30AM

Thanks for "Scotts story", Suncloud. It made my heart ache, but it also reminded me why I do what I do (don't eat what I don't eat). Aren't we glad that we're as "crazy" as other people think we are!!!!!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 30, 2007 07:19AM

hey guys....well love i just wanted to let you know that washing your face as much as you can everyday is actually bad for it...when you overwash your face you strip the natural oils from your face and cause more of a breakout because your body over produces oil cuz it thinks it is being depleted.....wash your face at night with your face regimen...and in the morning splash with water only....a really good thing for your face is ground up sesame seeds...they help clear up acne and reduce redness and pain..grind them up in a coffee grinder...then pour some in your hand mix a few drops of water and spread on face!! good luck!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: May 01, 2007 07:09PM

Avocados! and a bread free diet.

Date: May 01, 2007 09:20PM

earthangel, thank you for the advice! This is great stuff to know!

shep252, avocados! Do you mean a grain free diet, a wheat free diet, or a "bread" free diet? What about sprouted grains? Thank you!

Love to all!

Thank you everyone!

love

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: May 02, 2007 12:06AM

Wheat free for me. Sprouted grains, whatever works for you!

Date: May 02, 2007 11:20PM

Do you mean wheat makes you break out? And/or sprouted grains?

Thank you!

Love to all!

love

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables