Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detox
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 23, 2007 10:47PM

I'm new to raw and I haven't seen any information on what exactly to expect from the detox stage. I went about 75% raw last week and started 100% raw yesterday. I felt great today but now have a headache. Is that part of it? What else can I expect?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detox
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 23, 2007 11:00PM

S,

Yes, a headache can be part of it. Diarrhea, hair loss, spaciness, dizziness, weakness, fatigue can also be indicators.

When I went 100% raw vegan, I had diarrhea for 2 days. I was very sore. Then, the other symptoms came.

Good luck.
Therese

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 23, 2007 11:04PM

Yes. Ha! ha! Therese is certainly correct. Although it can be mild or severe....you can regulate your own detox.....which can be increased (if you are already very comfortable) by eating lighter foods...with less combinations....light fasting...and more abrupt change of diet (going from 5% to 95%...heh..heh..).

-Your detox can be regulated downward by eating heavier foods.....combining more......and changing your diet more slowly.

-In any event...detox CAN be described like getting a very low dose of radioactive waste dumped into your bloodstream! LOL.

-Go at a pace that's right for YOU. Power and success to you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 24, 2007 12:12AM

So how long does this last? Now that I've gone raw, I really don't want to go back.

Susan.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 24, 2007 07:02AM

hey there...well you will go through several detox's throughout your first raw year...they can last from 2-3 days to a couple weeks...and from what most people hae said they can happen about 4-5 major times in the first year...really getting rid of the junk in your body!!! but hey just think that every runny nose you get h/a body ache is toxins coming to the surface to be swept out of the body and making a healthier happier you!! so take care and embrace the symptoms...i never though i could be happier about a h/a or cold symptoms but it means my body is hard at work cleaning up house!!!! yay
love earth angel
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 25, 2007 01:23AM

DavidZ, You make me laugh. Thanks.

S,
Detox is a continuous process. (You will reach a comfort zone, though.) I only mentioned the body's detox symptoms. There are psychological and spiritual detox stages, too. Maybe DavidZ has more insight since he's is 100% raw for many years. For me, even after 2.5 years, my thoughts/ values/ insights continue to evolve along with my body continuing to get rid of toxins or foreign obstructions which I didn't know I had.

My friend who has been modified raw for over 20 years and done many fast/cleanses, etc. just recently finished a 40-day water fast (His first 40-day one). He drank water only without anything in it. In about day 30 or so, he started coughing up nicotine/tar from the cigarettes he stopped smoking 40 years prior. He was quite thoroughly disgusted with the flavor since he was no longer a smoker. (I think he was a bit frightened, too.)

Good luck.
Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables