Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice causing gas?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 24, 2007 09:08PM

All I ate today was 2 apples and 2hrs later had a 16oz glass of carrot+spinach juice and now I'm feeling gassy..

I eat apples all the time but not the juice. Any idea why that could cause it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice causing gas?
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 24, 2007 09:11PM

I was gassy the first two weeks raw...didn't matter how I combined. It gets less over time, thank Gawd. I am like a normal person again now.

Mia

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 24, 2007 10:15PM

likeit,

I always juice on a completely empty stomach. This usually means morning or after work (after a 1pm or so fruit based meal). While 2 hours is plenty time for the 2 apples to sit before jumpting into some food, juice tends to be a bit picky. I would give it an hour or more after you would normaly wait to eat, at least.

another thing I make sure to do is wait 45 mins-2 hours AFTER juicing before I eat if it is a large fruit meal. If you are eating like a salad or something you can jump in after 30 mins or so and you should be fine

hope this helps

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 25, 2007 03:58AM

k maybe I'll try waiting another hour. first thing in the morning isn't going to work for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables