Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

RAW ALMONDS
Posted by: joewood ()
Date: April 25, 2007 05:31AM

I am going to be buying some raw almonds today at whole foods. I heard from someone that you could / should soak them before you eat them. I have eaten them without soaking but do they taste better if soaked.

Thanks

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not self-seeking, love ALWAYS protects,always endures. (1corinthians 13)

God IS love!! (1john4)
Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RAW ALMONDS
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 25, 2007 10:29PM

Hi Joe,
A lot of people like to soak them and then dehydrate them so they get their crunch back. It's a bit of a hassle, but the soaking disengages the enzyme inhibitors.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: amybass ()
Date: April 25, 2007 10:38PM

Be careful, if it is california almonds they aren't really raw. All almonds from california have been pasteurized, yet still carry a "raw" label.

Just started my rawfood journey and blogging daily about it here: [journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: April 25, 2007 10:47PM

Hi,

actually, whole foods raw almonds now have "heat treated" on the packet. Which is really nice (other than I don't want "heat treated" almonds!) of them to accurate in describing their product.

Ian.

Posted by: joewood ()
Date: May 01, 2007 09:56AM

The almonds I buy at whole foods are not in packets. You bag your own. I guess I'll have to ask when I go tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables