Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Typical raw diet
Posted by: Sage10 ()
Date: April 26, 2007 02:06AM

I have just one question. How do you get all you need from a raw food diet nutritionally? Like proteins, carbs etc.
Is fish allowed, providing that it is not cooked(?raw?)??

What does your typical diet consist of?? (Breakfast, lunch and supper)

Sage10

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Typical raw diet
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 26, 2007 02:10AM

Opinion:

-Eat a wide variety during your transition...and you should have no problems. Fish is not allowed on a vegan, raw plant food diet.....but of course....YOU'LL have to eat whatever YOU think are the highest foods. Don't listen to any guru's telling you what you 'have' to eat to be healthy. Walk the walk and learn the learn.

-I have been all-raw for a number of years....so this is my typical eating day:

Breakfast: Orange Juice
Snack: Pineapple / grapes
Lunch: Avocadoes
Snack: Apples or pears
Dinner: Melon or Papaya

-Just my own experiences / opinions.

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: zenpawn ()
Date: April 26, 2007 02:18AM

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 26, 2007 03:22AM

I don't worry about whether I am getting what I need because we do not survive on nutrients but rather life force.

Date: April 26, 2007 10:51AM

-Not for me....but during your transition....you want to stay full.....and probably eat a WIDE variety of fruits & vegetables until you determine what foods are right for YOU! Setting your own goals and making/keeping them is the primary determinant factor of feeling happy with your success. Meeting some one elses......or compulsory goals is not quite as satisfying! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: alicemagoo ()
Date: April 26, 2007 11:01PM

i read a couple of books as to how to get the best nutrition.
Ann Wigmores The Blending book: maximising natures nutrients
is a terrific book on the subject.. Has lots of nutritional information and how to make the most of a raw diet.and how to eat.

Victoria Boutenko and her whole family became raw vegan.. she has some books
Green for life is one.
google her name for her familys website. i think it is rawfamily.

her daily diet consists in the morning of a smoothie of blended bananas, fruit and greens.( you cannot taste the greens..it is delicious)
and then she has a raw soup with an avocado base for lunch, with a salad,
a salad and some veggies for dinner, and a smoothie before bed.

eats very well.she looks well.. raised a family on the likes of the above.

alice

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 27, 2007 03:20AM

I find that after a month on this diet, I am suddenly craving fruits and simpler meals. David and Suvine's diets are inspirational, because I know now that I can eat the stuff my body wants and thrive. 2 months ago this would have been insanity to me!

I am so glad I found this board.

Mia

Posted by: bronwynsun ()
Date: April 27, 2007 03:22AM

david mason, how many avos do you eat usually?
what do you feel about fats?

Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: April 27, 2007 02:13PM

I think your body tells you when you've had enough avos. It is harder to overdo avos, unlike nuts and dried things. They don't make you crave them and not fill you up at all like the other noted items. I eat them when I feel like I WANT/NEED fat and stop when that feeling is gone.

Date: April 27, 2007 07:20PM

-I'll eat 4 or 5 small ones at a sitting. If those are all I'm eating.....sometimes I'll have another 4 or 5 for dinner. These days I just find it easier....with my extra triathlon training and working longer hour.....to have some added calories. It's all good. What do I feel about fats? I find that avocados tend to be on the 'heavier' side of the health food spectrum....and slow detox a little more. And those that are trying to avoid excess calories and fat might want to set a more conscious limit than I do. For my own part, it's all good. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: amybass ()
Date: April 27, 2007 09:59PM

I have been keeping track of what I eat each day. You can check it out on my blog. I keep it simple by eating whenever I get hungery.

Just started my rawfood journey and blogging daily about it here: [journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 27, 2007 10:11PM

I've found, just in recent weeks, that the avos don't act the same way to my body nuts do. I feel better with avos and don't retain water/weight/break out when I've eaten them like I do with nuts/butters. I wonder if that will change. I feel satisfied with them and don't go overboard with them like I tend to with nuts.

I tried to cut them out today and went into immediate detox mode...then had to eat some to slow it down.

Mia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables