Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

detox question!
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 26, 2007 11:09PM

since going 100% raw about 3 weeks ago i have lost about 15 pounds,, but since going 100%(i hav been raw on and off for about 3 months prior 2 this) my skin is soooo much better, except for the sides of my face, where horrible itchy cystic acne has been brakeing out,, it looks really horrible, like i am going 2 hav permanent scars :[[ neways i hav been craving garlic, apple and pumpkin seeds like crazy! i heard these help get rid of parasites,, does anyone kno if these parsites could be coming out of my skin and making it itch?? yes i kno grossness,,, and also does anybody kno any information on acne coming from certain parts of the face,, like what part of the body is cleaning out, bc im pretty acne free on my forehead nose and chin, except the sides of my face is horrible,,,
thanks you guys!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: detox question!
Date: April 26, 2007 11:10PM

srry i meant i crave pineapple :p

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: April 27, 2007 02:23AM

Your posts makes me wonder a few things.

are you eating a high fat raw diet or a low fat raw diet? I'm going purely on logic here and nothing to do with raw experience but if you're not regulating your caloric intake in accordance to specifics on carbs, fats, proteins, etc. I'd venture a guess to say it's possible you're experiencing a type of acne brought on by high fats. I recall another website where one lady started experiencing acne on raw until she moderated her diet. I'm having trouble finding it through google but if I do I'll post a link to it rather than just venturing guesses. Maybe if you haven't already then read up on the 811 portion or fruitarian portion of raw? I've read a few fruitarians claims that their diets eliminated acne and healed their faces also. I'll try to search those out as well.

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 27, 2007 03:17AM

Wow, u and I have lost about the same amount of weight! You go girl!

I've been breaking out, too. Sides of face, chin, shoulders (and I NEVER BREAK OUT). I decided tonight to cut the nuts, tahina (gasp!), etc and olive oil from my diet and focus on fruits.

Big HUGS!

Mia

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 27, 2007 03:03PM

hey fuzzy,

I'm no DOCTOR!!! so heres my advice. I am on the master cleanse now day 10. so far lost 13 lbs. Had acne only around my cheeks and lower cheeks, sort of heading towards the neck, and painful, the kind that u cant even squeeze out(disgusting). Now that im cleaning out, no more NEW acne because im speeding up the detox process, cleaning my body. And whatever my acne was feeding off on, is not coming in. And the leftover acne very little i have doesnt hurt as much as befoore, like 80% less pain!!! So Im getting rid of the acne, yet I do have scars. But Im thinking after my 21 days, I should have most of the crap related acne stuff out of my system. So even if i do eat fat afterwards, the old evil acne will be gone and hopefully no new breakouts and i will able to enjoy my fat, of course in moderation.

But u have to remeber your acne is deep, and it still feeds off on whatever it can!!!! As far a sthe scars, I need to find out how to get rid of them. Thank god for makeup.

I would do anything to have a Beautiful Healthy shin, that glows w no scars and no makeup. You know the picturesque kind....

Date: April 27, 2007 03:21PM

thanks you guys for your feedback!

fud i eat 1 avocado a day and flax seeds thats about it, i dont kno if thats high fat, it prolly is, i keep asking on here but nobody will tell me,,, the only problem is i crave it and if i try 2 avoid it, ill eat everyfruit in sight 2 try aand fill up that fat craving, and it just dosent work,,,
i eat fruit and salad everyday 2 theres only a tiny amount of things i wunna eat, its been the same these past 4 months,, i eat tomatoes, spinach, or spring mix, avos, onion (i crave it), berries, flax, apples, and sometimes other things when i can get them,, like pineapple, garlic (i crave that 2 sumtimes), kiwis, or pumpkin seeds, but i rarely get those things,, thats it,, im also losing weight super fast,, idk but i am detoxing so fast (like if i ate normal i would be losing like 5 pounds a day) so i eat more than i should, idk wat 2 do about this bc i end up feeling sick both ways

hey mia im so happy for you! yah i should probabaly cut back on my fat 2,, good luck with the fruits,, im thinking of trying that :]

ello benetgirl! hehe thats soo awsome that you have gone ten days on a fast!! congratulations!! i wunna do that!! i actually am not hungry,, i think my body is asking for a fast,, but its 2 much, i get dizzy and light headed and i feel weird all day, i cant imagine ten!! i guess i should just try 3 days and see how it goes, i would do just water tho, cuzz thats all i want,, the lemons dont agree with me,,but ive got a bunch of groceries in my fridge so i hav 2 finish those up,, but im glad that i hav them :]] wunna be fasting buddies? i want scar free beautiful skin 2,, everybody on here, well in the pictures of u thread has that,, (sigh) i just hope i get it,, i wunna kno about a scar treatment 2,, i want them 2 totally dissappear2,,

Date: April 27, 2007 04:05PM

yeah, let me know when u wanna fast. will totalyy b there for ya. Im not hungry at all. and if the lemons bother u, the maple syrup soothes it, really. And its better than juicing, ive done juicing, but this lemonade diet w cayenne peopper and maple is going military on my body, i also had acne on my chest, weird...almost all gone. the juice is a little less effective. and if u try it, the first 3 days are the toughest... when u detox only on raw foods, i believe the acne takes like foreva to go away, including the scars. also detox takes its time to heal the most important things first, like ur insides. and also w juice or lemon detox it only concetrates on healing ur body and not digesting food if u were eating.. does that make sense???

but i am still skeptical if ever my scars will heal and go completely away. anyone know??? i have like little red dots on the cheerks...

Date: April 27, 2007 04:16PM

thanks benegirl! i totally get wat ur saying,, i just wish it would go faster u kno.. but watever at least eventually it will happen,, in like a year,, but then i wont ever hav 2 worry about this crap again,,

im worried about that 2^^ the scars nobody can fully answer the damn question,, im sorry but everybody is like i think.....,

i wunna hear from someone who has personally had cystic acne with BAD scars and had it all heal after being raw for like a year or watever

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO FITS THIS DESCRIPTION!!!????

[sigh]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 27, 2007 04:25PM

Massaging with your skin is really important treating acne scars because it helps to promote better blood circulation which will help the skin to produce stronger collagen and elastin

just make sure MAKE SURE MAAAAAAAAAKEEE SUREEEEEEEEE (did i mention make sure?) whatever you use ..hands, fingers, or small facial vibrators, that they are clean CLEAN CLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAN (did i mention clean lol) you dont want to put anything dirty on your face at this time

I think it was earthangel that took some esthetician course , could probably tell you more about facial massage benefits ...?

theres a website somewhere by Tonya Zavasta (spelling) you'd have to google it im not sure what it is, she talks about skin brushing which promotes new cell growth .. although i think bristle shoe brush she talks about might be a bit harsh on fresh errupting skin you could probably start with a lighter brush and work your way up to something like that

Date: April 27, 2007 04:38PM

hey jgunn lol my dad has been telling me the exact same thing,, stop picking at your fase!! lol and i hav 2 admit my hands are prolly not as clean as they should b wen i do,, though i dont think that is causing it,, i get white heads or cysts,(yess i kno disguisting, im sorry 4 saying it) and they itch like crazy like i imagine chicken pocks would itch,, and i want 2 get the puss out so i end up being an idiot and doing that,, it just itches so damn bad!!!

i do the facial massage!! haha thats so weird that u said that,, although i sortof stopped lately bc the skin is so raw on the sides of my face that running my hands over it,, or even water hurts alot :[[[

im gunna go look up tonya zavasta now,, lol but i dont think that ill be able 2 do skin brushing for a while,, but thankyou soo much for the idea!! maybe that will help the scarring,, thanks jgunn!:]

Date: April 27, 2007 05:16PM

Oh, another thing that helps me:

every night after washing my face w an organic face wash and sometimes an organic toner. I also do this:

apply fresh papaya on my face for 15-20 min and then aloe vera for the night

or papaya for 20 minutes, then grapefruit for 10 minutes, or just take the grafefruit or lemon and scrub my face w it and then aloe vera for the night. I feel it working.

If your cysts are still open, dont massage them yet.

The papaya has rich enzymes, (the younger the better for face only) they open pores, exfoliate the skin leaving it soft, and promotes skin cell turnover. then the grapefruit removes dead cells away and the acid kills the bacteria by drying it out. i love it, i can feel it going deep into my pores. both of these i think help remove dead skin, (which is our scars). the aloe vera being natural soothes it and ads moisture and vitamins and minerals into our skin.

and once in a while, after my papya mask that opens my pores, i will also take a raw garlic, crushed, and leave it on my face for like 5-10 minutes. this helps to kill the bacteria.

And after you get rid of your open pores, i sometimes use raw honey or agave nectar mized with sugar and scrub my face. it feels so smooth. and the sugar removes the dead cells. but i wouldnt recommend it to u no due to your pores being open w bacteria. u dont wanna irritate them right now. you want to kill them. let me know if u try any of this..

smiling smiley

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 27, 2007 05:48PM

fuzzysox,

Now that you are all raw, it sounds like your body is really starting to cleanse itself. Don't worry about scarring, as on the raw diet, your body can heal these wounds without scarring if you don't put healing creams, lotions, or bandages on the wounds, but just them the heal naturally, with plenty of exposure to sun, and with healthful living habits.

Your body will detox even faster if you simplify and lighten up your diet. This means low fat and remove the spices and condiments. Or put more simply, focus on eating more fresh fruits and vegetables only without adding stuff to them. However, remember that removing these items from your diet is a process, and it may take a while before your body and mind are ready to not eat these things. Sometimes though, the desire to not have certain symptoms (like your cystic acne) can be an incredible motivator.

Also, getting more rest and sleep helps, as well as exercise, spending more time outdoors in fresh air and sunshine, eliminating stress and worry from your life, etc will increase your body's ability to heal itself.

Date: April 27, 2007 05:57PM

what are the bacteri that you are up against when it comes to acne

...What are the bacteria that are found in the acne?
The bacteria P.acnes is the most common bacteria found in acne. Propionibacterium acnes and Staphylococcus epidermidis, which occur naturally in healthy hair follicles, may accumulate in plugged follicles and secrete enzymes which break down sebum, promoting localized inflammation.
-

tips of your fingers and nails usually is a place where staphylococcus resides, a microorganism implicated in pathology of acne, that may result in adding infection to your pimples

[www.acne-scars.ca]

The pathogenic effects of Staph are mainly asssociated with the toxins it produces. Most of these toxins are produced in the stationary phase of the bacterial growth curve. In fact, it is not uncommon for an infected site to contain no viable Staph cells. The S. aureus enterotoxin causes quick onset food poisoning which can lead to cramps and severe vomiting. These microbes also secrete leukocidin, a toxin which destroys white blood cells and leads to the formation of pus and acne.

[medic.med.uth.tmc.edu]

stoopppppp touching your skin with dirty fingers lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2007 05:58PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 27, 2007 06:42PM

HEy there.....fuzzy i know you have mentioned in this post and some previous posts like your journal about foods you eat..a.nd you do eat quite a bit of fat you might not realize...a tbs of oil has 120 kcal and like 14 grams of fat i think...nuts are full of fats...avo's are full of fat..coconut....nut butters.....so you ahve to be careful..that might be where you are getting more fat without knowing it..you didn't mention nuts in your fat intake smiling smiley...dont worry everyone forgets haha ...just trying to help you out to get rid of this painful stuff....and of course your body is cleansing itself so you gotta sit it out for a while and let your body heal..it is doing it's job and i am sure it is improving!!! keep up the good work..and keep it clean and fresh on that face..no dirty hands haha......there is a good calming spray that helps with soothing from burts bees you might want to try...helps with the redness and pain it is all natural too!!!
carrot rosemary i think ahha....oh and i foudn out the other day that raw chocolate can aggravate and produce acne and skin irritations...so you might want to check that out too huN!!!
take care and good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 06:51PM

hey,

i just checked out the hippocrates acne serums... I i feel stupid, but i can'yt find the ingredients or the label for it. Is is organic????? Any chemicals in them. Has anyone tried it???

Cause i have deep scars. Hate them... and dont know if a raw diet will truly get rid of them... sad smiley

Date: April 27, 2007 07:01PM

benetgirl im about 2 try this natural stuff they sell on rawfood.com i dont think its organic but it looks pretty clean its called black velvet by siply divine botanicals,, and then i am going 2 get their aloe/msm moisturizer thing,, i think those things will help im gunna try them out,, msm is supposed 2 be super healing,, and feedback frum the black velvet stuff says it helps with acne, large pores, and getting rid of scars,,,
ive never heard of hippocrates what is their website?

hey earthangel!! grinning smiley i kno i did eat alot of fat didnt i!... but ive cut down since thenn all i really eat now,, for like th past month is an avo a day,, no oil or coconut,, but i think its bc im doing major detox,, i woke up this morning feeling really woosy and i weighed 139,, and i was craving figs so i ate like 10! and a banana and flax and strawberries and tons of water,, and i weighed myself again and i was DOWN 2 136!! yep so i was still feeling lightheaded so i just ate a kiwi, a lil bit f banana more figs and frozen fruit mix,, i dont really feel woosy nemore,, so ya i ate that stuff even tho i wasnt hungry,, o well :[[[

Date: April 27, 2007 07:14PM

hipocrates is what jgunn posted above:

[www.acne-scars.ca]

Date: April 27, 2007 07:38PM

fuzzy,

did u see the one called YOu Can Zit Here

high vibe sells it as well as lucky duck...

thanks for that one, they also sell black velvet...

I dont even have to order this, i can actually go there. but my problem now is more scars...

Date: April 27, 2007 08:38PM

you can get plenty of MSM naturally from a diet rich in fruits in veggies

aloe vera is available just about anywhere, id rather use the stuff right off the plant then buy it in glass jar that has had who knows what done to it

i talked my brother into trying straight aloe from the plant about 2 years ago on his cystic acne on his back and the difference is pretty good ... the scarring has softened id say to at least half as what it was its not nearly as noticable, i think his girlfriend also uses tea tree oil on it to keep it from flaring back up again

his diet is still crap and i often wonder how much quicker the healing would be if he would give raw foods a chance oh well nobodys perfect lol

i think you will find overtime with healthy diet once you stop the flares/eruptions your skin will repair itself without the use of potions/lotions and the like

Date: April 27, 2007 08:44PM

yeah, i am really hoping, cause my scarring is bothering me. I still have to use heavy makeup(full of chemicals) on me. otherwise i look like crap and not attractive and w redness on my cheeks. No woman wants to look like that.

But curious, how did u hear about the hipocrates products????

Date: April 27, 2007 09:08PM

if you google staphylococcus and acne , their product comes up along with thousands of others , the link was about the bacteria not the serum lol

.. as far as their ingredients go it quotes that Jojoba, Rosehip and Borage are used but as you say they dont list the actual ingredients

...and im sceptical of anything or anyone that dont list thing

Date: April 27, 2007 09:17PM

thanks smiling smiley I'm skeptical too....

Date: April 28, 2007 07:24PM

ive been mono eating watermelon all week and have been getting major pimples and detox symptoms

i couldnt work the last 2 days as i just had the wickedes cold like symptoms

i say cold like cuz i really dont feel like its a cold but im coughing up crap / dripping snot , phleghmy gross stuff lol otherwise physically im able to get around but prefer to just lay in bed .. im not even sleeping just lying here mostly

it doesnt feel like a cold .. mucus although quite alot is clearish not yellow and gross like when i used to get cold/flu

i think im detoxing the meds/steroids i had to take in feb/march for my eye problem

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables