Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Goin' a little fruity...
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 27, 2007 03:11AM

I've officially done 30 days of raw (having gone from purely carnivorous cooked omni, mostly for health reasons) and feels so good that I've decided to step it up a bit. Starting tomorrow, I want to veer more towards a fruit based diet and try to wean myself from nuts, nutbutters and olive oil.

I was prompted to do this by a bout of Hellacious gas that's lasted 2 days. Cauliflower and nori doesn't agree with me anymore at all. Fruits seem to soothe my churning tum quite a bit and I've noticed feeling much better trying to eat mostly fruit today.

My HUGE appetite is so much smaller than when I started. I am so ready for this now.

I find that the dehydrated things really hold little appeal and the husband has commented on the same thing. I watch my kids naturally gravitate towards the fruit bowls and think we should follow their lead.

Mia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Goin' a little fruity...
Posted by: tamu ()
Date: April 27, 2007 02:12PM

good luck!
I always feel much better when I'm not eating so much fat. There's nothing like the clean 'juicy' feeling of eating fruity!
I'm starting a 5-7 day fat free stint, so I'll be joining you!
Love
x

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: April 27, 2007 03:06PM

A HUGE appetite is a good thing on a fruit based diet! smiling smiley Eat as much as you want!

Fruit makes me feel so happy and pure. smiling smiley You'll have so much fun. Good luck!

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Date: April 27, 2007 03:15PM

I find fresh dates help A LOT. However, I am sooo tired this morning, like I am starting another detox or something.

Mia

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 27, 2007 03:57PM

that is soo great mia!! grinning smiley im really happy 4 u!! i think i am going 2 start doing this 2, btw where do u get fresh dates!!??? i hav NEVER had fresh ones ,,oooooh tell me please they sound delicious!!

Date: April 28, 2007 03:23AM

localharvest.org is where I ordered the dates...

OMG THE FRESH MEDJOOLS ARE HUGE and they taste EXACTLY like caramels, but BETTER!!!

I am going to order these things in every week. They are NOTHING like the grocery store dried out ones...soft and chewy and sooo delish!

I used to eat them fresh as a kid, but the varieties weren't as yummy as these. These are the absolute BEST.

They provide such good energy when I am working hard, too.

Mia

Posted by: zenpawn ()
Date: April 28, 2007 05:31AM

I second the dates from localharvest. Here's my blog entry about my order of three varieties (with pics): [www.zenpawn.com]

-Erin
Raw Done Light
dogma-free RAW
Gazpacho For The Soul

Date: April 28, 2007 05:46AM

hehehe...I GOT THOSE because of your blog entry, Erin!

Oooh I just found a grove on Ebay who sells them direct--18 bucks for 5 lbs. I am ordering some as we speak.

Mia

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: April 28, 2007 08:21PM

medjools- oh my. i could never fantasize about another candy again...

miaculpa- i remember going through that phase. i cut out greens and cruciferous because they just didn't work anymore. i had to do high watery fruits, bananas kinda lost their taste, as did avocados. but when i wanted savory, tomatoes and cucumbers were such a nice clean feeling food! now i'm back into greens, but i think i just cycle, seasonally and physically.

peace-

Date: April 29, 2007 01:31AM

LOL. That's funny, miaculpa. Glad to hear I was instrumental in introducing you to those little gems. smiling smiley

-Erin
Raw Done Light
dogma-free RAW
Gazpacho For The Soul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2007 01:31AM by zenpawn.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 29, 2007 02:53PM

I am just following my body toward more and more fruit. I have never wanted fruit so much in my life. I am so excited. It really is the easiest way to eat.

Date: April 29, 2007 03:39PM

It is pretty fun, heh? Dessert for every meal and snack! smiling smiley

-Erin
Raw Done Light
dogma-free RAW
Gazpacho For The Soul

Date: May 01, 2007 05:59PM

I;m addicted to medjools...funny, but the littlest kid isn't crazy about em. He prefers bananas and grapes.

Mia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables