Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Please analyze my day- need help
Posted by: amybass ()
Date: April 28, 2007 01:53AM

Please analyze my diet for today on my blog post specifically here: [journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Why am I feeling this way? Can anyone shed any light on what I am experiencing? I would actually apprecaite it if you would post a comment on my blog specifically about today so that anyone who reads it in the future can also understand what I may be feeling from another perspective.

Thanks a ton, Amy Bass

Just started my rawfood journey and blogging daily about it here: [journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please analyze my day- need help
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 28, 2007 02:44AM

Amy,

Your craving for bread and other starchy carbohydrates comes from not getting enough calories from fruit, but having most of your calories coming from fat. You are experiencing a carbohydrate deficiency, thus the craving for cooked carbohydrates. To overcome this craving, eat more fruits during the morning and day, and save the fatty stuff for the evening.

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: April 28, 2007 06:01PM

I have read somewhere that when God said bread is the staff of life, it has been assumed that the word staff is used to indicate a necessity, but what was actually meant by this phrase was that it will keep people going when there is nothing else to eat that's good for them, such as fruits and vegetables, that it will "stave" off starvation in times of need but God never meant to say it's an optimal food and certainly not a necessity. I wish I could remember where I saw this, maybe the Essene Gospel of Peace. I'll try and find it for you.

Francis

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 28, 2007 06:05PM

hey frannie thanks that actually makes sense smiling smiley

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 28, 2007 06:22PM

Amy,

I went through that stage where I definitely needed bread or bready carbs. I tried "raw" flax crackers. It helped but didn't do the trick. I gave into my cravings and tried sprouted essene bread. Sproutmans has a recipe for it. I just purchase it at $4 per tiny loaf. It seemed to do the trick but it would fall apart and not hold up like regular bread. I used a fork to eat pieces of my tomato sandwich. smiling smiley

Now, I don't eat bread nor wheat at all. I'm okay with it. I'm not sure that you are getting enough nutrients. Be sure to check fitday.com. Otherwise, you're going to be swinging even more. In the beginning, I supplemented more than I do now when I found out that my body was not reacting well enough to the raw food.

I think there is alot of sense in what Bryan says. I haven't tried it since I added back in some cooked, so I'm not a prime example. (I wouldn't necessarily recommend my method because you have to do what is good for your body.) Of course, when I become 100% raw again, I will try the more fruit method. I just had problems eating so much fruit in the beginning due to Candida and slight hypoglycemia.

Good luck.
Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables