Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Out of the mouths of little children
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 28, 2007 03:32AM

today my 8 yr old was home from school (he woke up with a painful wry neck, must have slept wrong). He announced that he did NOT WANT ANY MEAT, even if his older brother cooked it. He wanted only salad and grapes and bananas and carrots because 'his body was sore and he wanted to get well fast'.

I have NO IDEA where he heard this, I haven't talked about recovery from illness much on raw...read about it all the time, though.

He said he felt better and breathed better when he had just fruits and salad (he has asthma). Apparently, he had spaghetti last night (his brother cooked it) and the mucus in his nose was sooo bad and his asthma came back a bit.

I am really amazed at how well he's taken to this diet and how he's formed opinions based on the way his body has reacted. We've always had him listen to his body because of his asthma and the meds he is on. He has always had to be extra vigilant about the way he reacts to meds and so forth, as a change in breathing could be dangerous to him.

Needless to say, we are so happy.

Mia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Out of the mouths of little children
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 28, 2007 03:48AM

sounds like a raw guru in the making smiling smiley

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: April 28, 2007 12:34PM

That is wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: amybass ()
Date: April 28, 2007 05:13PM

That is fantastic. I had my 6 year old son tell me he wants to be a raw foodist. That made me pretty happy.

Just started my rawfood journey and blogging daily about it here: [journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 28, 2007 07:58PM

Mia,

That's a great story. Good for your son that he is in tune with his body like that. You might want to check Hulda Clark's "The Cure for All Diseases" regarding your son's Asthma. She is a very informed source regarding diseases.

Thanks for sharing.
Therese

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 29, 2007 03:10PM

Thanks for posting. So very encouraging!!!

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: May 01, 2007 06:02PM

I will have to buy Hulda Clark's book, it sounds wonderful.

The little boy has lost an even 10 lbs since going raw. He started at 4'5 and 110 lbs, which is HUGE and a big load on his body. His asthma is so much less, he plays outside more and has color and runs around quite a bit. He used to have to use flonase all the time for his nasal allergies, now he is no longer 'boogery'.

We are so happy with this, even if he is only 75 percent raw on some days and near 100 percent on others. Seeing him thrive and play and want to be physical like the other kids makes me well up. He played so much the other day his muscles were sore and he remarked on it...said it was a 'good sore' and not a sick sore.

This diet is a miracle. Hands down, no questions.

Mia

Posted by: ferg ()
Date: May 01, 2007 07:52PM

My 6 year old son is into raw food too, in fact some days if I offer him either a "healthy" vegan type cookie or some melon, he will choose the latter. Kids are pretty smart.

Re: Asthma... my dad was asthmatic for over 20 years, using a puffer 3 or more times per day. My brother, who is also raw, did some research on water therapy for a Asthmatics and passed it onto my dad who immediately started drinking water... lots of it. Well, within weeks, he was off his puffer; this was five months ago and he is still doing his water therapy and has not used his puffer or had an attack since.

Who would have thought that the cure would be so easy. The doctors sure wouldn't tell you. Nothing short of a miracle.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables