Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Full Spectrum Lighting
Posted by: amybass ()
Date: April 29, 2007 02:23AM

Just wondered if everyone here used full spectrum lights in their home. They have incredible health benefits and I wanted to know if anyone else was using them.
If you are not aware of the benefits of full spectrum lights, I wrote up an article about them on my blog here:
[journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Just started my rawfood journey and blogging daily about it here: [journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Full Spectrum Lighting
Posted by: Fud ()
Date: April 29, 2007 03:21AM

The trouble is the cost of buying and running full spectrum lights. Standard low energy lights such has fluorescent lights, etc. don't provide everything you need for full spectrum.

That's one of the issues I face right now. This is one of the worst areas in the u.s. for natural sunlight. Since we have to move I'm trying to find something affordable in an area where it's sunny most of the time yet provides enough rain to facilitate a decent garden.

Date: April 29, 2007 03:43AM

What about stand alone lamps? That would at least give you a supplement. Maybe just in the room you spend the most time in.

Just started my rawfood journey and blogging daily about it here: [journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: April 29, 2007 04:00AM

Isn't full spectrum lighting cooked? As in not raw?

Ian.

Date: April 29, 2007 04:06AM

then wouldn't sunshine be cooked too?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 29, 2007 04:16AM

ermmm i think its neither raw nor cooked i think its lighting lol

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: April 29, 2007 12:26PM

Is full spectral lightinf the same as "white light" lamps?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 29, 2007 12:46PM

one of these light bulbs
has a "life" of 6 or 7 of regular lightbulbs
so its worth the extra bucks u shell out for these
they are easy on the eyes
and they are nice to my brain

Date: April 29, 2007 03:47PM

Full spectrum lights have all the colors of the sun, plus they provide the same rays the sun does as well. That is why it is a great supplement if you aren't outside enough. You need at least 1 hour of sunlight a day and these are great if you can't always get that much.

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: April 29, 2007 04:11PM

Prior to going raw I set up some "plant" lights in the room I was in. The bulbs are supposedly full spectrum as they provide a great way to start your garden indoors while waiting for winter and spring to finish playing tug of war with the weather. Supposedly they were to last much longer than regular bulbs. I went through 3 bulbs in 4 months in just one lamp system. I gave up trying to get rid of seasonal disorder and just started wearing amber glasses indoors with flourescent lighting to provide an illusion to my brain. It probably hasn't helped much but I couldn't afford the light bulbs going out. I still haven't heard back from my email to the manufacturer on the supposed guarantee. The store said I had to contact the manufacturer (GE) and wouldn't give a refund.

Go figure winking smiley.

Posted by: MrHaney ()
Date: April 29, 2007 05:46PM

I have suffered from SAD for years. Last fall I purchased two full spectrum light bulbs for the lamps in my living room/office. I didn't feel as if I had SAD this winter.

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: May 01, 2007 02:10AM

I bought a floor lamp-full spectrum from an online site-BLUE MAX- we love it! Janice

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables