Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wow! Fitday.com nutrition report...
Posted by: happyvegan ()
Date: April 30, 2007 04:33AM

Okay, I ate very little today, about 1200 calories. It consisted of a Lara bar, a fruit smoothie with raw almond butter, and a taco salad (mostly salad with cooked beans, heavy on the avocado, plus some fruit.

I did the fitday.com thing, just to see what I was eating (it felt like a lot, and while I'd like to lose weight, I'm breastfeeding and I need to make sure I'm getting my nutrients). I was gobsmacked.

I seriously couldn't believe the nutrition report. Almost everything was 90% RDA or above, there were a few things around 50-60%, but mostly I was near meeting all the RDAs (for what *that* is worth). Talk about nutrient dense! I bet most people who eat all cooked foods (especially SAD eaters) eat tons more calories and don't get half the nutrition.

The only thing I was really low on was protein (13%...but I don't think we need as much protein as the FDA would have us believe), vitamin D (I worked in the garden and got plenty of sun), and B-12. I've always took B-12 supplements...I guess I should continue?

Anyways, being mostly raw rocks, I feel like for once I'm actually *fueling* my body. This must be why you all do it. Maybe seeing these reports will inspire me to be 100% raw one day!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wow! Fitday.com nutrition report...
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 30, 2007 04:35AM

yay for you!!!! keep up the good work hun..congrats on using fitday to show yourself how wonderful you are doing and how well you are feeding your body!!!!
yay you
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 30, 2007 05:31PM

So you like the fitday.com? I was thinking about signing up. Do you use the online version or did you pay for the download?

Anyone else have any experiences with this website?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 30, 2007 05:32PM

theres another free on arount too and i cant remember for the life of me whtat its called

nutra or nutri soemthing .......

Posted by: alanabanana ()
Date: April 30, 2007 07:06PM

The other website is called Nutridiary (www.nutridiary.com). They are both good, I like nutridiary just because I got used to using that one first! It's great to monitor your food intake sometimes, I don't do it everyday but every once in a while I'll check up to see how I'm doing. Also I don't use the downloaded version, the free online one works just fine for me!

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: April 30, 2007 09:06PM

There is also [www.nutritiondata.com] which is a website and [spaz.ca] which is a free download.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables