Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I think I had a cleanse!
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: May 01, 2007 03:27AM

A couple months ago in the winter I got sick (after being raw for about 10 months), and while I 95% knew the real process of disease, there was that part of me that was like "ok maybe we do all just catch colds in the winter, even on a healthy diet." I just more or less accepted that - ok so I caught a cold, maybe I'm wrong about disease after all.

Well a couple weeks went by after the cold had left, I didn't notice anything was different though I'm sure I was eating less fat due to less fat cravings........ then I ordered one of my favorite cooked meals - broccoli in brown sauce from a Chinese place, just out of habit.... well my taste buds didn't love it the way they used to, in fact I kind of lost interest, and for the first time noticed that the sauce was oily..... ok I could NOT digest that once-routine broccoli. For hours I was grossed out by the heavy meal, I just felt like it wasn't going anywhere, I actually felt slightly nauseous even, and I am not a nausea prone person. After 5 hours, right before bed, I was so uncomfortable that I was like, maybe I should just make myself throw up?? So I did, and you know what, that oily broccoli had just sat there the WHOLE 5 hours, my stomach had no intention of digesting it. That's when I realized that my sickness must've been a cleanse! (that's when it also occurred to me that I hadn't been eating much fat since getting over my "cold"winking smiley. And ever since that disgusting oily broccoli puke episode, I knew to be super careful about putting fat in my mouth, because I don't want to ever have to feel miserable like that again. But I tend not to think about my diet too much, I'm the opposite of obsessive, even on raw- so I forgot one time recently and ordered a croissant with cheese and mayo on a weekend morning..... sick! I had to toss it right out, that cheese which I once loved so much tasted and felt like a huge lump of butter in my mouth, I spit it out, it was soooo nasty.

Then I remembered that as a child I used to recoil from any type of creamy fats - mayo, sour cream, butter, cream cheese (all of which I grew to worship as an adult) - but as I child I once was grossed out by all of it, and it gave me a wonderful pleasure that weekend morning to realize that I had cleansed myself back to my childhood healthiness.

I can't even put dressing on my salad now, it's not something that my body wants, even though I used to love and tolerate fat incredibly well, and I never gained weight from it. Now I love greens plain and/or with red wine vinegar or lemon juice or just fruit chunks on it.

And ever since my cleanse, my stomach looks especially flat & tight, and my waist got smaller, and I'm pretty sure my boobs got bigger (unless I was just always buying the wrong size bra before? that is possible).

Anyway the weird thing is, my cleanse started the day after I was delayed at an airport, and I had eaten a slice of cheese pizza that night because everything else was closed, and prior to that I had eaten a couple heavy french meals, as I had been traveling on business..... so it's not like I was super healthy 100% raw to precipitate a cleanse at that point, though I had been taking zeolite for several months by that point so maybe that did it.... but at the airport I was delayed overnight, and for just a 4 hour wait till the 1st morning flight I wasn't going to go to a hotel, so I grabbed a blanket and napped at the airport. I wanted to be warmer so I laid down on a heating vent, fell asleep and woke up feeling ridiculously hot.... then when I woke up I was sick..... so I wonder if it's possible that my body actually thought it had a fever and went into cleansing mode??

Well anyway my midnight nap on an airport heating vent was actually kind of fun and cool, and strangely a rather pleasant experience instead of the supreme suckitude one might imagine, and now it's an even better memory because I got this new cute little body out of the deal!

So that's the story of my winter sickness which I now realize was in fact a cleanse.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables