Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

it's only a matter of time now
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 01, 2007 05:04AM

It's not going to be long before the mainstream practitioners start preaching the raw gospel.

[news.yahoo.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: it's only a matter of time now
Posted by: amybass ()
Date: May 01, 2007 05:11AM

I doubt it, there is too much money for them to make off sick people. They don't want all of their business to go away.

Just started my rawfood journey and blogging daily about it here: [journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 01, 2007 12:47PM

Welcome back arugula! I have missed you and your posts.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: May 01, 2007 02:27PM

Wooohooo!

even if it passes, i think the medical realm is being forced to reassess their attitude to raw foods and their healing powers.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 01, 2007 03:25PM

Good to have you back arugula.

People are getting wise to the effects of junk food.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 02, 2007 08:40AM

hey arugulopolis

there was a post here prior
'bout how cooked foods produces acrylamide: carcinogenic

Surgeon General has decided that "cooked foods can be dangerous to your health"
That'll be the day

first it was cigs
now its cooked foods

things are evolving
as is natural
that is the law of evolution

there may be a dip
but then it goes back to its apex

Date: May 02, 2007 12:37PM

As if they don't already know that cooked food is bad for us!!!

If the raw lifestyle goes mainstream the government is going to find a way to mess it up/make it as hard to live as possible because they make too much money off of sick people, do you realise how many billions the hralth industry would lose if we all stayed healthy, they would probably make it illegal and start taking babies away, etc, or raise the price on produce or make it so that we can only get GM produce!!!!

You need to pray that the raw lifestyle doesn't go mainstream!!!!

F1

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 02, 2007 01:54PM

Wow, F1 I hope you're wrong.

Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: May 02, 2007 02:37PM

It isn't billions, try trillion dollar market. Our world IS based on money you know.

Date: May 02, 2007 02:40PM

Well just look at what they are trying to do with herbs/natural remedies!!!

Yeah ABC, your right it's trillions man....

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: May 02, 2007 02:44PM

Hey i totally agree. The Govt. makes billions out of us. Here's an example...

I am beyond frustrated today. I have been receiving these letters that I owe my doctor $2000. I was like no way, its a mistake. Before I switched jobs I took a physical exam, just to make sure im ok... and that my blood is ok.. and all that stuff. Well, since I had my bloodwork done, the lab is saying I owe them $2000. So now I have to fight w my old insurance, cause there is def some mix up. $2000...just for blood work..UNBELIEVABLE... I can't imagine being really sick and going to the hospital every week or month as some people do. I would be on the street and in debt...

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 02, 2007 02:58PM

>first it was cigs
>now its cooked foods

That was an insightful comparison, because some of the very same glycotoxins that are found in cig smoke are also in cooked foods high in fats and proteins.

Here is one of Vlassara's earlier works (about 10 years ago)
[www.pnas.org]

>they would probably make it illegal and start taking babies away, etc, or raise the >price on produce or make it so that we can only get GM produce!!!!

They already do that. They subsidize the most unhealthy foods, so that only a very small handful of huge corp heads make enormous profits and they keep raising the price of produce. Before raw I spent about $3/day on food: cooked brown rice, cooked frozen veggies. Now I spend more like $7-$10, sometimes more. A lot of people can't afford that. I can hardly afford it myself.

But not to be paranoid. The health care professionals generally go for the same procedures they perform on others when they get sick.

But a lot of cardiologists are vegetarian, at least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2007 03:03PM by arugula.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: May 02, 2007 03:03PM

Us modern humans are the victims of our own very sophisticated marketing and our TV sets. The message could take a while to get out. But in my office today there are several people who know one happy person, (me) who eats nothing but whole raw fruits and veggies all day and doesn't appear to be dying at all.

Radiant raw foodists themselves are the best advertisement, (just don't tell them till you're through the detox) lol!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables