Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Reuters: Vegan diet reverses diabetes
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: May 01, 2007 02:24PM

A study published in Diabetes Care , a journal published by the American Diabetes Assoc. found:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - People who ate a low-fat vegan diet, cutting out all meat and dairy, lowered their blood sugar more and lost more weight than people on a standard American Diabetes Association diet, researchers said on Thursday.

The full article is here:

[abcnews.go.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reuters: Vegan diet reverses diabetes
Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: May 01, 2007 06:32PM

My only response is, "duh"

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 01, 2007 06:47PM

My response is Wow! Thanks for sharing smiling smiley It's encouraging to see mains steam media finally reporting what others have been trying to say for years. maybe the message is finally starting to sink in winking smiley.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: May 02, 2007 07:03AM

wow, yes big deal. I agree

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 02, 2007 07:18AM

hey thanks so much for the report...but as usual it applies to type 2 more...it is hard becauase everyone categorizes them together and they are two different types of diabetes with different treatments and outcomes...diabetes type 2 can be reversed with diet and exercise alone most all of the time...type 1 can't be reversed by diet and exercise..type 1 isn't really reversed by a vegan diet either....I by no means are arguing this point..i totally agree that vegan helps type 2 sooo much and helps to reverse and rid bodies of it...but with type 1 it is soo hard because i have read articles and stories of others hoping to find someone cured of diabetes and no longer taking insulin and not one person can be found...the only thing that comes close to it is Sergio B...and he was only diagnoses as a diabetic..he was never tested for what type...how severe or given insulin...and no one knows the severity of his pancreas...so it may have been type 2...but i want so bad for it to be type 1 because i have Type 1 and i take insulin daily and i have been 100% raw vegan since January 24th of this year!!! so i am trying and trying.....
so tahnk you so much for this article it is wonderful people are realizing how to help themselves....but do you happen to know of any articles on type 1 and raw veganism?? i would sooo greatly appreciate it...and yes i have searched and searched myself for things online or books or any advice...so anything anyone might have on this issue i would forever be in debt for!!
thank you alll
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Harmony ()
Date: May 02, 2007 02:59PM

Thank you for posting this. I forwarded it to my type 2 diabetic Dad, who is more likely to listen to mainstream reports from big news corps.
Thanks! smiling smiley

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: May 02, 2007 04:21PM

Yes, I posted it because it is a mainstream report and a resounding endorsement from the American Diabetic Association of low-fat veganism as a way to reverse diabetes. There's not a big leap from that to raw in most SAD eaters' minds.

It also may help some of us here to have the hard scientific data showing the effects of diet. I don't know about others but I have a hard time sticking to raw and find such reports supportive when a grilled cheese sandwich starts looking good.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: May 02, 2007 08:54PM

my mom's sister and mom in paraguay all have diabetes

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 04, 2007 06:32AM

Its great that people on this forum realize that a low fat vegan diet will heal diabetes. In the not too distant past, a lot of raw foodists were eating high fat raw diets, and even today, people like Alissa Cohen are Gabriel Cousens are promoting these kinds of diets.

But with the advent of the 80/10/10 diet, people are beginning to see that high fat doesn't work, even with high raw fats.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables