Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

confused
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: May 01, 2007 10:38PM

i woke up this morning and in my mind i was telling myself it was okay 2 eat pizza and all the other junk i used 2 eat b4,, this was really weird bc i have been fighting this off for months,, and finally got rid of the cravings ( or so i thought) for the past month ( i hav been 100% raw 4 the past month),, so i almost bought into what i was thinking,, but thank god i didnt!! instead tho i started eating like a crazy person! i have been eating anything and everything i hav,, im talking POUNDS of food,, ugg,, it felt like i had a craving for something, maybe, but none of the foods i had could satisfy it,, i started getting really tired and sluggish, and feeling very negative,, finally i ate some apple cider vinegar and felt better,,

well 2 get 2 the point,, has nebody ever experienced this? i feel like i am going on detox like i was 4 months ago, when i would eat everything in sight just so i wouldnt give into the cooked junk,, is this some sortof emotional detox,, i dont get it... well if anybody has experienced this before please tell! thankyou :]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: confused
Posted by: ananga ()
Date: May 02, 2007 10:39AM

i haven't experienced it yet.. (i think it will come)

but i wish you a lot of strenghts!
you are doing very good, and you will do even better!
keep going! smiling smiley
all my heart good wishes to you right now..

Re: confused
Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: May 02, 2007 12:52PM

For me, I try to figure out what's in the food that I'm craving that I really want. With pizza, it's usually the fat or salt (or both). So, I put some extra fat and salt onto my food and the craving goes away. I don't know if this is good in the long run, but at least it takes the craving away. ;-)

I had less cravings (next to none) in the beginning of going raw. Now that I'm almost five months raw, I'm getting them. I don't know if it's from stress (realizing the friends I've surrounded myself with aren't true friends--I think this is part of my growth), from detox (finally getting rid of the last of the things I'm craving), nutritional (craving something my body needs), or something else.

What's great, for me, is that I realize these are cravings and that they don't mean that I need to eat unhealthy. I just need to acknowledge that I'm going through something (whether I know what it is, or not) and find a healthy way to deal with it. For me, that healthy way is deciding what it is in the food that I want and then finding raw versions of that for myself.

It sounds like you've been doing great, Fuzzy!

Lots of love to you,

Gypsy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables