Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

living raw foods and candida
Posted by: c_kat ()
Date: May 02, 2007 01:51AM

Hi,

I just started eating a living raw diet 3 days ago. I am hoping this will help me overcome a number of health problems.

One of my concerns however is that I have a problem with yeast infections and candida. I think this diet will help because I will not be eating starches and the enzymeds in the raw food should help replenish the flora in my gut. However, I am wondering if eating the raw fruit will prevent my candida from clearing up? I thought of not eating fruits but feel I would be quite hungry if I limit myself to vegies, sprouts and seeds. FRuit really gives me the energy I need.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: living raw foods and candida
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 02, 2007 03:18AM

There is an old post about fruit and candida. Do a search. It's not that old.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: May 02, 2007 10:04AM

Fruit and very low fat is I've finally found is freedom for me (and many others here).

Fat is the culprit with candida. Apparently it keeps the sugar hanging around in your bloodstream w-a-a-a-y longer than it's supposed to. This is discussed elsewhere and in DR Grahams 80/10/10 book.

The humans we evolved from over the last 2 million years did not have bagfuls of nuts and bottles of olive oil always within easy reach, so I would guess they didn't have problems with candida as often we do today.

Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: May 02, 2007 11:24AM

Yeah, I used to suffer a lot from candida, uh! I remeber roaming dostors surgeries in search for a cure, they did never answer!!!!!

I first stopped drinking red wine and that made a huge difference. NOw on this diet, I am nearly a fruitarian except for some salad or the occasional vegatable. What Dulset says is true, it's NOT the sugar but the combination of sugar and fat, so if you eliminate the fat you eliminate the problem. At the beginning I had many nuts and had a little bit of candida coming back, now I hardly have any fats and its all gone. Try it and good luck!

Posted by: vegan john ()
Date: May 02, 2007 04:01PM

I have been wondering about the candida situation myself and so tried to cut down the fats, but have dry skin now on the back of my hands and lower legs (Hhmm).

Any suggestions (other than putting moisturisers or such on the dry skin)?

(Rian, how much fat are you having and do you get dry skin?).

Posted by: c_kat ()
Date: May 03, 2007 12:05AM

Thanks for the replies. I never thought of the fat connection. The strange thing is that I am on day 4 of all raw now and I feel fine after the veggies but whenever I eat fruit I get heart palpitations and feel really tired and weak, sore joints etc.That it why I worry it is related to the candida.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 04, 2007 12:40AM

c_kat,

I can eat some fruits but not all. I muscle test everything before eating. Some of the sugar can feed Candida. I suggest that you body is telling you something so go with what it is saying. Therese

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 04, 2007 12:45AM

drinking more water is a good moistureizer .. dry skin needs to be hydrated ..healing it from the inside out

i used ot have insanely dry skin and had to drink alot of water ..as i started taking in more juicer fruits ...i found myself needing less water .. i still drink about 4 liters a day though

*caution* too much water can harm you though i think more than 2 gallons and you risk imbalancing your electrolytes and sodium called hyponatremia [chemistry.about.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 04, 2007 06:20AM

I agree with cutting back on the fats. High fats in the diet will support a bunch of blood sugar related illnesses: candida, hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, diabetes, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables