Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can we be too alkaline?
Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: May 02, 2007 03:09PM

Well, it has been a long road for me, needless to say. Almost a year ago, I became raw, when 100% for a while, then ran into problems. So now I am now 100% raw now, but I need to alkalize my body. This is a dumb question, but can we be too alkaline?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can we be too alkaline?
Posted by: amybass ()
Date: May 02, 2007 03:23PM

What problems did you run into?

Just started my rawfood journey and blogging daily about it here: [journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: May 02, 2007 03:43PM

I lost too much weight too fast. I was 120 lbs after my second child, then in about a month, I was down to 98lbs. I did all of these detox programs, so detoxed wayyyy too fast. I also ate too mny things that were acidic to my body. So now I am back to my normal weight, and I am NOT 100% raw right now. But I love raw! I tried not being raw in November and ran into more problems, so I felt I benefited with more raw in my diet.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 02, 2007 07:08PM

Being to alkaline would cause problems for the body, but from my understanding, it is extremly unlikely to happen!

(Blood needs to be at pH 7.4, and if it goes too far acid or too far alkaline, we die!)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: May 02, 2007 08:24PM

It's possible, just rare because like 99% of people are SADers and acidic.
Some info here:
[www.zphbalance.com]
[www.naturalhealthschool.com]
[www.regaininghealthnaturally.com]

"Those who find their SALIVA pH to be 6.6 and above should note that their digestion and assimilation is weak. They are prone to lack of energy, weight problems, constipation and indigestion. They have to eat more to get the nutrients because their digestion, reflected by the SALIVA pH, is too alkaline and they can't break down their foods adequately. This indicates primarily deficiencies of CALCIUM LACTATE"

"The goal is to both have an alkaline body and have healthy normal flora. If you have ever struggled with being too alkaline you need gut flora, if you are alkaline and are struggling with not feeling well, or being sick, or have arthritis, etc., you probably have a misleading reading, because you lack normal flora."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2007 08:26PM by LikeItOrNot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables