Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

80/10/10
Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: May 02, 2007 03:51PM

This is a question for people eating 80/10/10
do you eat mostly fruit all day, and then a small salad at night?
what kind of fats do you eat and how much?
also, do you drink green juices too? if so, do u eat a salad too?

thanksssss

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 80/10/10
Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: May 02, 2007 04:06PM

I eat about 7-10 portions of fruits each day, 3 in my breakfast smoothie, one with a large salad at lunch, 3 for my snack and one with my dinner usually. I have a large salad for lunch, and either another large salad for supper, or zuchinni pasta with raw tomato sauce... I eat a very small handful of sesame seeds each day as well as my fats.

I don't drink green juices because... well, I am not "that" healthy yet, haha. They taste too bitter and gross for me. (The ones that are 100% veg).

I add spinach to my breakfast smoothies sometimes though. I should do this more often, and maybe put some sprouts in there, but I am usually pressed for time in the morning and forget to wash off the spinach and add it...

I also eat a brazil nut every second day for selenium.

xxpeisi

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: May 02, 2007 05:21PM

Tons of fruit at breakfast (sometimes I skip this, depending on my physical activity).

Tons of fruit at lunch

However much fruit I want at dinner

followed a HUMONGOUS salad.

I rarely eat overt fats, as I go along they're not feeling good anymore. If you calculate your calories you can easily keep your fats to 10% or less if you want to. I don't think there is a rule of thumb - it depends on the amount of food you eat (and burn off with activity) but 1/2 to 1 oz of nuts/seeds seems to be an average portion for the average person.

No green juice.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: May 02, 2007 06:39PM

I don't eat as much fruit as I want. My main options around here are banannas and oranges and it's hard because I don't like banannas much and can only eat 2 before I get sick of them. I try and throw them in smoothies if I can find something good to mix in with them. I was eating a lot of apples until they started sucking...they're like dry inside when you bite into it.

I do green juices even though Dr G. doesn't like them. I want the nutrients in them. They're working for me.

peisi, did you try following an reciies for them? I could never stand them either until I started following some that made it easy to get down. I find carrot and beet or carrot and cucumber easy now.

Sometimes I eat a salad.. I can eat chopped carrots, celery, broccoli and romaine lettuce plain without dressing.

Just started adding sprouted quinoa to smoothies..still working on the taste though.

Fat usually a few nuts or seeds. Today I ate 4 olives. I was craving salt for some reason.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2007 06:43PM by LikeItOrNot.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 04, 2007 07:04AM

I eat fruit in all my meals. If I eat a salad, its the last thing I eat. Nowadays I make my salad dressings without fats, though sometimes I will use fats.

Fats I like are: avocado, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, young coconut, durian. I probably like durian the best.

Here's a non fat dressing I like: 8 seedless tangerines (pixes) blended with 6-8 strawberries.

A fatty version might look like:

8 seedless tangerines blended with 1/8 to 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (I grind the seeds after measuring them)

When I eat a salad, I will usually eat a large salad. If I choose to mono-eat greens, I will eat a head of romaine lettuce.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables