Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

CoQ10
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: May 02, 2007 05:09PM

I take supplements but want to get it from my food.

Wondering if anyone knows a good site or knows the best raw vegan food sources

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CoQ10
Posted by: silverundertone ()
Date: May 02, 2007 05:15PM

"CoenzymeQ10 is an effective antioxidant involved in the energy process and present in every cell in the body. CoQ10 levels in the body diminish with age. CoQ10 destroys free radicals and slows aging. Spinach, broccoli and peanuts are foods high in CoQ10."

heres the linkage...

[www.changingshape.com]

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: May 02, 2007 05:52PM

I wonder if all the cruciferous vegies are high in cq10 as well. Someone here, I think it was Dave Mason, said that raw peanuts are often moldy. I never liked the feeling of raw spinach burrs in my mouth afterward, but it looks like I might have to get over that.

I read that cq10 food sources have to be completely raw and unprocessed for it to be used by the body. Someone told me beets were the best source, but a google revealed nothing about it.

Anyway, thnx for the link.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 03, 2007 01:38AM

There is good info here, with refs and a table for food values.
[lpi.oregonstate.edu]

There refs have more values but you might have to go to a library to read them.

You're probably going to get the right amount if your b6 intake is adequate (enough food energy, wide variety of foods, etc), Also tocopherol content of food is probably a fairly decent surrogate marker for a good q10 presence-- avocado, sunflower seed, spinach, beet greens, chard, etc.

I am skeptical that there is anything to be gained by taking in more, particularly in supplement form.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables