Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hippocrates shines bright
Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: May 04, 2007 09:34PM

I met Brian a couple of times and Gabriel once. They both seem very dedicated to what they're teaching and nice people although I think Brian looks a lot healthier than Gabriel who looks a bit emaciated to me. Brian especially I found very inspiring as a person.

My friend Diana, who owns the wheatgrass stall I work on, attended a meeting last weekend where a lot of the raw Bigwigs and representatives from other countries got together at Hippocrates for the second year running. Their aim was to try and find a consensus on what constitutes the healthiest way and percentage to eat raw in order to put an end to all the confusion that abounds in raw circles about the best way to eat.
The recommendations they came up with last year were that sweet fruits are not good and should be kept to a minimum and that people should eat at least 80% percent raw for their immune system to function optimally, anything below that and the functioning of the immune system goes down percentage wise. The 20% eaten cooked should be "healthy" cooked, i.e. steamed potatoes, rice or veggies. Bear in mind that these recommendations were for people who are still eating SAD.
I haven't heard what they came up with this year because my friend hasn't come back yet but apparently chocolate was a hotly debated item.
If anyone is interested I could find the list of all the people that attended, I know that Doug Graham and Victoria Boutenko were invited but didn't come. Fred Bisci was there and Victoras Kulvinkas and Karen Knowler, Gabriel came last year but I don't know if he was there this year.

Francis

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 04, 2007 11:43PM

I would like the new report and list.
thanks
elnatural

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 04, 2007 11:48PM

Frannie,
What would be considered a "sweet fruit"?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 05, 2007 12:05AM

Al, I made both my own systems by haunting hydroponics stores and taking mental snapshots

there was alot of trial and error lol...

the 4th pic down is what my aeroponic setup kinda looks like very similar
[www.jasons-indoor-guide-to-organic-and-hydroponics-gardening.com]

my hydroponics are simple 5 gallon bucket system with a gravity feed watering system
which is similar to here
[www.hydroponics.net]

the only way i could get the emitters to work was to strain the worm tea through the fineness of pantyhose i have yet to find anything finer although im sure its out there in the wild world wide web lol

the emitters i got here in canada , the internet was not available to me back in the day , but theyre the same as the grocery store ones as you say or very similiar

i love growing things indoors ive pretty much abondoned growing plants that dont give something back .. cept for the spider plants, cactus etc and some purdy flowering thingies smiling smiley

ive modified my sytsems over the years and dont doubt i will continue to evolve them so to speak, any collaboration on modifications id love to hear about, indoor gardening is a passion of mine as i fear someday we may be forced to garden in our attics or basements for fear of prosecution *sigh* smiling smiley

ive tried this system but couldnt get the holes small enough but i didnt try very hard i admit and may attempt another stab at it lol
[www.jasons-indoor-guide-to-organic-and-hydroponics-gardening.com]

but i digress i am veering this topic into another direction lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2007 12:14AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 05, 2007 12:55AM

>I think Brian looks a lot healthier than Gabriel who looks a bit emaciated to me.

What is their age difference? 20 years? 30? Lots of people can look good up to 60 but it's a lot harder at 70 and even harder at 80.

But there are exceptions, like Morjorie Newlin in her 80s. Is she raw? I read that she was getting advice from Roe Gallo.

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: May 05, 2007 10:02AM

I will post the reports and list next week as I'm on holiday in England right now.

I might be wrong but I think Brian and Gabriel are very similar in age.

As for what would be considered a sweet fruit, I would say bananas, mango's, pineapple, organges etc.
Non sweet fruits would be cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers etc.

I have to say that as much as I like Brian and what he stands for (showing people how to heal their bodies and regaining good health) I find myself increasingly drawn towards high fruit/low fat and that's what I'm experimenting with myself at the moment.

Francis

Posted by: uma ()
Date: May 06, 2007 05:49AM

When I was at Hippocrates I do have to say, Brian Clement really impressed me by how healthy and vital his energy seemed. I think when i was there he was around 60 but looked more like 40.

Love,
Uma

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 06, 2007 08:11AM

yeah he looked like he was in his 30's last night Uma i was very impressed..i guestimated his age around 60's to from events in his life and time span's haha...
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 10, 2007 12:44AM

arugula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >I think Brian looks a lot healthier than Gabriel
> who looks a bit emaciated to me.
>
> What is their age difference?

I did some googling. I am fascinated with seeing how well
people hold up with age.

Cousens was 63 in Nov. 2005 which would make him
64-ish. There is a news target interview somewhere.

I think Brian's birthdate is 1951-11-17 which makes
him 55. Anyone know if he is originally from Massachusetts?
That's where the Wigmore inst. started.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables