Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

FEEL VERY SICK. HELP!!!
Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: May 03, 2007 07:46PM

Today is day 16 on my MC diet. I have had headechs all along. Soemtimes they are mild, but my ears hurt, and sometimes my bones, like the front face hurts... or just the left side of my head. and today i have had these symptoms all day, cant function at work, feel tired, and I WANT TO THROW UP!!!!!!! BADLY.... I have so much work to do, and i cant even look at the computer and think. I wanna go home but cant. sad smiley

I have done 10 juice fasts before and never felt this bad on them. After 3 days on juice fasts i felt ok... but this MC is killing me...

I hope i throw up and this feeling will go away. but theres nothing to throw up, only water and lemon. is this detox... and why so late???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FEEL VERY SICK. HELP!!!
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 03, 2007 07:55PM

i don't know
hope u feel better

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 03, 2007 08:52PM

have you posted your questions or concerns on the mastercleanse sight?

[therawfoodsite.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: May 03, 2007 09:06PM

jgunn, I did.....

im waiting for a respomse...

but meanwhile I broke my lemon diet...

I went outside to the deli and bought myself some kombucha tea, which u cant have on MC diet. But the tea helped me due to the fact it has bubbles. I burped the whole time. Feel better, less dizzy, but counting the minutes till i go home.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 03, 2007 09:47PM

I don't blame you for breaking your cleanse. I hope you feel better soon.

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 03, 2007 09:55PM

Your body isn't completely detoxified and is still subject to common illnesses from what I understand. It may be bad but it's possible you're coming down with something "in the air" Hopefully not but there is that possibility. If you do you'll have to decide whether to weather it through or treat it and then how to treat it.

I hope you get to feeling better.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 03, 2007 10:02PM

certainly its detox...question would be if you are eliminating the toxins or just stirring them up. Its hard to do any kind of cleanse or fast while working...I know thats what the MC is designed for...for for some that why they play around with the mono-diets, or the juice feasting or whatever...makes it easier to go about daily activities...the denser the food the slower and less intense the detox...

idealy if your body if pouring out the toxins, you want to be aiding it along...resting as much as possible certainly.

Also, the MC I think is notorious for not eliminating that well through the bowel. have you considered colon hydrotherapy? It shouldn't be exploited for removing symptomology, but certianly will accomplish that as well as keep the gunk from just accumulating inside.

just my experience

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 04, 2007 06:15AM

Were you doing the salt flush or using cayenne? Both these substances make me feel awful.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 04, 2007 01:22PM

The MC is a 10 day fast, not a 16 day fast!

I am aware that people do stay on it longer than 10 days but the question is, "Why"?

Prolonged fasts can be dangerous! If one is not seriously ill there is no good reason to fast for an extended time. Most Naturopathic doctors and alternatively minded MD's recommend fasts of shorter duration more often rather than long fasts taken once. The average recommended fasting time is 3 to 7 days...anything longer than that should be supervised.

I did the MC for 9 days. On the 9th day my body was quite explicit in its demands for food. I also did not experience the bowel cleansing benefits that this fast promises. The salt flush has been much more beneficial for me while eating than it was while fasting. Also, in truth, I will probably never eat maple syrup again! ugh! On about the 6th day of the fast I couldn't stomach the maple syrup anymore (which probably explains the need for food on the 9th). All in all I don't understand how this fast became so popular. Any other fast would have given the same benefits without the icky, frustrating aspects of "butt-pee" and nausea from the maple syrup.

benetgirl, I hope you feel better soon love

khale

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 06, 2007 12:04AM

I was going to do that flush until I added up the maple syrup one had to consume and I said, no way..that's gross. I would think pure water would be more beneficial for short fasts, and on longer fasts being under supervision would be good until you are more experienced at them.

Love,
Prism

Date: May 06, 2007 12:07AM

khale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All in all I don't understand how
> this fast became so popular. Any other fast would
> have given the same benefits without the icky,
> frustrating aspects of "butt-pee" and nausea from
> the maple syrup.

marketing marketing marketing .. the predator that preys on those that will be willing to anything to anything to get some sort of results

reading about the butt-pee and nausea was enough to turn me off before even trying it lol

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 06, 2007 12:37AM

i had a good experience on the cleanse back in high school...from the book it says you can go longer and be fine with it...i went a few weeks on it and felt okay..i got sick once or twice but that was it..i first learned of it at a lecture hosted by my chiropractor...it was interesting...and in everyone's seat was little books and packages to make the stuff!!
hmm i think maybe you should try a juice feast hun..that might be better and easier while you work like already stated!!!
good luck and i am sending good vibes your way to feel better
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 06, 2007 12:40AM

one other thing that bothered me about the MC is on their site they claim

"Suppliers sometimes run short, so the brands of maple syrup, tea, and/or cayenne pepper may be different from those pictured above".

it makes me nervous that they wouldnt have a main supplier supplying them and that they possibly just randomly substitute from other suppliers?

this to me in no ways defines a product that is made consistently

again it may my paranoia ringing alarm bells in my head but when i buy a product i expect them to have researched their ingredients and be consistent ..thats what makes their product unique

Date: May 06, 2007 12:43AM

Hey there..hmm i didn't know they sold a product that was pre made..in their book they suggest the company to buy the maple syrup from..the cayenne and lemons as long as organic..and pure wter...they sell the stuff too?? hm that is intereting..thanks
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 06, 2007 12:53AM

oops sorry assuming that the "THE MASTER CLEANSE" is the one that peter glickman is promoting all over the place hehe

he wrote the book "Lose Weight, Have More Energy & Be Happier in 10 Days", although the idea is originally not his.

his website is the one selling the "kits" [therawfoodsite.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2007 12:56AM by Jgunn.

Date: May 06, 2007 08:30AM

that man maybe the reason people get so confused haha..he is selling the kit..but he is selling the brand really...what a shame too...the master cleanse is better when done from the original book and guy who suggested it..haha oh well..the site was interesting thanks girl
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 06, 2007 02:23PM

yea .. i know ..when i read thru the message boards there ..i see people telling other people ..ya go ahead ..take some asprin, take your cold medicine, blah blah blah.. yer on day 8 ..it wont hurt

well its a cleanse .. isnt that the whole reason is to get OUT of your system all the crap you put in lol ....not add to it while cleansing ?

hmmm no the whole things sounds fishy to me smiling smiley

Date: May 06, 2007 09:13PM

another thing that bothers me about that site is that although many people seem to ask the question about the purpose of the maple syrup

.. most answers just seem to ramble about claiming vitamin and mineral benefits without the use of refined sugars etc.

hrmmm ..isnt maple syrup considered refined? maple sap is cooked at high temperatures to get the syrup isnt it? so how is that not refined? or at least processesed?

i dont see how something like this fits into a raw lifestyle ...? it just seems gimmicky to me , i dont doubt it works for some folks but after browsing thru 16 pages of what looks like a whole lotta miserable people feeling sick ..i have to wonder .. hmm smiling smiley

Date: May 06, 2007 11:42PM

hmm very true..i think it is a good cleanse and even though it is maple syrup which isn't raw..that some people do benefit from it...which is good..but i would def try to substitute something for maple syrup if i did it....you know?? hmm just a crazy.....but hey if it works for you go for ity ou know...so much better,safer and healtheir then some other ways of cleansing on the market that are C-R-A-Z-Y haha
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 07, 2007 11:46AM

Jgunn Wrote:
> another thing that bothers me about that site is
> that although many people seem to ask the question
> about the purpose of the maple syrup
>
> .. most answers just seem to ramble about
> claiming vitamin and mineral benefits without the
> use of refined sugars etc.
>
> hrmmm ..isnt maple syrup considered refined? maple
> sap is cooked at high temperatures to get the
> syrup isnt it? so how is that not refined? or at
> least processesed?
>
> i dont see how something like this fits into a raw
> lifestyle ...? it just seems gimmicky to me , i
> dont doubt it works for some folks but after
> browsing thru 16 pages of what looks like a whole
> lotta miserable people feeling sick ..i have to
> wonder .. hmm smiling smiley

This is personal opinion only and NOT medical advise in any form and should not be used as such.

My wife says the maple syrup does one thing and one thing only. Provides quick energy (simple sugars, easy for the body to assimilate process). The quick energy, at the number of glasses you drink per day, effectively replaces the calories you're missing from everything else. The other items supposedly stimulate the bowel movements and bowel activity and also act like an "internal @#$%&" to cleanse and shrink excess tissue.

She said the effectiveness is questionable as far as shrinking excess tissue in the bowels but it does work to stimulate movement and can cause old materials to be flushed out rather quickly. Any body ever have a few vegan burritos with extra chilis? Same results, more pain winking smiley.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Date: May 07, 2007 04:36PM

Fud Wrote:

> My wife says the maple syrup does one thing and
> one thing only. Provides quick energy (simple
> sugars, easy for the body to assimilate process).

yea i was on later again last night when i couldnt sleep and saw some reference to that too ...the quick energy fix to me is nothing better then sucking back a chocolate bar ... so many of us have blood sugar issues were trying to get over by nurturing a long term healthy diet..i just find it no wonder that people get sick, vomity ,headachey on this type of cleanse or diet ... they say its a cleanse but can be used as a diet

Any
> body ever have a few vegan burritos with extra
> chilis? Same results, more pain winking smiley.

lol i hear ya winking smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 09, 2007 01:49AM

If you use the Grade B maple syrup you will also receive minerals.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables