Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Never seem to get full
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 04, 2007 12:39AM

I can't ever seem to get full!!! Is this normal on a raw diet? I have been 100% raw since Jan. I thought at first my body was just trying to adjust, but it's not getting any better. I wake up eating and eat non stop until I go to bed and even then I wake up in the night with my stomach growling and craving non raw foods. I feel like I am doing something wrong or not eating the right things...or maybe not a big enough variety. I eat a ton of carrots and grapegruit during the day with a little bananas, apples, cucumbers, ect. thrown in. Sometimes I will eat spinach or a salad. I'm pretty much limited to kroger and walmart for shopping and they just don't carry a lot. I just don't know what else to add to my diet to give me a more full feeling. Any suggestions?

Janna

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Never seem to get full
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 04, 2007 12:41AM

avocados smiling smiley Zuchini smiling smiley i find those two fill me up pretty good smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 04, 2007 12:46AM

Janna,

You may be missing nutrients. Check fitday.com. Supplement where you're missing. You also may not be eating enough. Raw takes alot of chewing and if your body hasn't adjusted, you simply may not be eating enough. It could also be your food combining. Check the 80/10/10 concept by Dr. Graham. The cravings/hunger could be a part of detox and adjustment to the raw diet.

Good luck. Therese

Date: May 04, 2007 01:34AM

I heard that some people can just take a really long time to adjust if they just jump right into the raw lifestyle.

But as far as not being "full"... how is your fat intake??? Maybe throw in some avacados, nuts and seeds...

Posted by: uma ()
Date: May 04, 2007 02:04AM

When I first went raw i didn't realize how few calories veggies had and even less sweet fruit like grapefruit. You might be doing a lot of chewing and not getting enough calories!
Love,
Uma

Date: May 04, 2007 02:29AM

I never feel full, and never try too, it's a sign of overeating. The concept of feeling full comes from eating food empty of nutrition. Since it has nothing in it you keep eating more more untill you can't eat any more trying desperately to get some nutrition. It's a false feeling of having been nurished when the exact opposite is true.

elnatural

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: May 04, 2007 02:38AM

If you are seeking the feeling that you get on cooked, you will not get that. Feeling of fullness on cooked comes from tummy full of hard to digest foods. On raw, one feels light. On raw, when you feel satisfied and no longer have a desire for food (which is a feeling felt around your mouth, not tummy), then it is the time to stop eating.

As far as feeling hungry because of lack of calories, eating more sweet, ripe fruit would fix that.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: May 04, 2007 02:45AM

rawgosia say"s it right

I forgot, I always feel satiated but never full. Satiation comes way before the jamed full feeling when eating the right foods.

elnatural

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 04, 2007 03:55AM

saitiated to me is that ... ahh feeling ..its comfy ... full to me is that ughhhhh feeling .. i need a nap to digest that lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 04, 2007 04:38AM

luvmyveggies,

Can you tell us what what quantities of what foods you are eating? It may be that you are not eating enough calories. Or you could plug in your daily menu into fitday or some other nutritional calculator and tell us what the mix of calories (and calorie type: carb/protein/fat) you are eating.

A typical day for me might be:

noon: 7 large bananas
6pm: 6 large mangos, 0.5# dates, romaine lettuce

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables