Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

just saw paul nison
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 06, 2007 01:01AM

he was hilarious. he's got some long beard going now ...

philosophy along the lines of hippocrates, minimizing fruit...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: just saw paul nison
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 07, 2007 02:55AM

did he talk about the diet he promoted - minimizing fruit?

Date: May 07, 2007 04:17AM

he promoted probiotics, e3live and 2 others, i don't remember.

everyone should get a blood test...

nobody needs to eat exactly the same diet... (well of course, not Exactly the same diet, but what's the point of saying that?)

two cell phones with an egg between will cook the egg..

it's funny because he's still pro fruit on his website from what i can tell, but was really against high or even moderate much fruit in person.

he talked about the stomach being small and people who eat 20 bananas in a sitting, and how absurd that is.

apples are 100x as sweet as they used to be...

fruit is not ripe and is acidic.. a lot of stuff that clement says.

he didn't really say much specific about diet plan, but i missed the first 20 minutes.

overeating is very bad, eat lots of greens, do the hippocrates thing if you're sick.

talked about gluttonly and laziness over and over...

he was good.. i just think that he's neglecting his fitness, and he and bisci look a bit hollow eyed, pale and not real healthy...

Posted by: TigerDak ()
Date: May 07, 2007 04:22AM

What's the point of not having fruit? Is there something about fruit he doesn't like or is this some new philosphy?

Frankly, I think it's best to have some variety. The body needs the natural sugars, vitamins, fats, and other such things that are found in fruits that may not be found in all greens or vegetables. I think nature gives us a lot to choose from for a reason. We need the fruits, greens, nuts, and fats in our diets. They all have their place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2007 04:24AM by TigerDak.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: May 07, 2007 07:03PM

Hey I thought Paul was the Durian King?

He married someone who works in Hippocrates

Date: May 07, 2007 07:09PM

TigerDak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's the point of not having fruit? Is there
> something about fruit he doesn't like or is this
> some new philosphy?
>

i don't think i said, NO fruit.
he thinks we should minimize fruit.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 07, 2007 10:15PM

fresh wrote:

"he and bisci look a bit hollow eyed, pale and not real healthy..."

bisci, by his own admission and as recorded by Matt Monarch, neglects to eat at all too often and works too hard. but it is interesting to hear a report on how he appears given that he is one of the rare old-timers. Raw over 20 years if I'm not mistaken.

khale

Date: May 07, 2007 10:28PM

khale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> fresh wrote:
>
> "he and bisci look a bit hollow eyed, pale and not
> real healthy..."
>
>
> bisci, by his own admission and as recorded by
> Matt Monarch, neglects to eat at all too often and
> works too hard. but it is interesting to hear a
> report on how he appears given that he is one of
> the rare old-timers. Raw over 20 years if I'm not
> mistaken.
>
>
> khale

i just meant from looking at his videos on his website, not in person (bisci)

paul may be very healthy, i don't know, it's just not something i would aspire to myself. i prefer to work out and get a lot of sun, and i just didn't see that in paul. he's going more for the ascetic guru long beard thing now.

again, i did enjoy the talk, it was like a leno stand up act.

i think bisci is raw 50 years or so

bisci looks pretty good though.
hey, i don't look so good myself sometimes ;-)

I would need to arm wrestle him to see what kind of shape he was in.

his NY accent is so funny on his videos, reminds me of home.

my point was that it seems that the anti fruit people seem to either undereat on calories or eat some cooked, or don't exercise a lot, etc.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 07, 2007 10:54PM

fresh wrote:

"my point was that it seems that the anti fruit people seem to either undereat on calories or eat some cooked, or don't exercise a lot, etc."

yeah. that IS worth noting.

khale

Date: May 07, 2007 11:04PM

fred has been doing this around 40 years...I don't think he 'doesnt eat because he works too hard'..not eating is part of his work..he makes himself the guinea pig...tests out things..sometimes toxic. Dispite the fact that I think he eats like every other day...and that meal is like a papaya, a bell pepper and a cucumber...he's in good health for sure..runs every day etc..

I don't know about paul, my impression is that he's changed his tune a bit (had the confusion with the fruit oriented website also). I don't think he has the puritanical tone that clement does about fruit..the modern cultivated fruit..blah blah...but that people that are sick (not just the acute diseased) don't in every case have the ability to eat 'our natural food' without stirring up some ills. I know fred certainly eats sweet fruit, and I assume paul still eats his durian and exotics. My guess is that paul, with the increasing aestecism (fueled by his consitant passion for the bible) is really into pushing moderation and speaking out against overeating in general..for physical and spiritual health...

just goning by the photo I looked up..Nison's visual health is subjective of course but he certainly doesn't look emaciated to me for someone who limits their sweet fruit AND fat

I think some folks find their stomach shrinks and they don't need as much food. some people don't even think the stomach is all that natural a thing to begin with!

To me someone who has been doing this 20+ years who still needs to eat 20+ bananas for lunch is a bit suspicious to me. not that it's 'wrong' ...for anyone.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 09, 2007 02:05AM

[To me someone who has been doing this 20+ years who still needs to eat 20+ bananas for lunch is a bit suspicious to me.]

Maybe he doesn't have a lot of money. Bananas are certainly among the most affordable foods.

I am lucky, even though my income is meager (grinding poverty of studenthood), my family makes sure I am not lacking for decent food. I eat bananas sometimes but they are not a staple.

Date: May 09, 2007 02:16AM

hmm perhaps I was vague..i certainly wasn't speaking of anyone here...I was saying that someone who after 20+ years of clean eating wouldn't require that much 'energy' from an external source...whereas fred and paul, can certainly maintain their weight/muscle. fred being the more phenomenal case on next to nothing. I eat huge myself.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 09, 2007 02:24AM

I eat huge, too, like a gorilla with small mountains of produce. Probably more than most people here who outweigh me by a significant margin. I think it's because my overall diet is very high in fiber and there is reduced metabolizable energy. And modest in fat intake as well, although not as low as the 80-10-10 crowd.

Date: May 11, 2007 12:45PM

Fred probably only eats when he's truly hungry...you'd be surpised how lttle you will eat when you do that.

F1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables