Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Birthday Blues.
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 08, 2007 09:49PM

F1,
Wow, you're really being negative toward Fud. Frankly, I'm glad you weren't my coash when I was transitioning to raw. Sheesh!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 08, 2007 10:13PM

I'm just not going to support someone if they are making themselves sick.....gagging and fainting isn't good and something needs to be done before something else developes.

I'm sorry if you feel that that's being negative....

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2007 10:13PM by The Fruitarian One.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 09, 2007 01:33AM

I don't think F1's responses are negative...i won't even go that route where you could call it quote- being honest- unquote. I think he's just being honest.

I think what he is saying..or if not..what I am saying is that as long as you keep thinking these negative thoughts..like oh how many calories am I at..does this make me 80% or 79%..or dam I added some olive oil to my burrito. that you really are punishing yourself.

remember, everything is just comprable to what you were previously doing, F1 is right..things will certainly be more difficult untracing and unraveling...because all the original decisions weren't done consciously...thats the secret.

therefore the best way to aprroach it, isn't by setting limitations and rules, but by learning to regulate the situation...taking power over it. and being proud of your good decisions and sucessful hurdles without backtracking (on your mental/emotional progress...NOT dietary...eventually when you have the dietary down you want to stick to that of course..and focus on more mental/emotional).

Date: May 09, 2007 01:41AM

>To those who think I'm just whining about every ache and pain. I apologize. I don't want to offend anyone. I'm in this for me, however and the support I've received here has helped me make it this far. I hope it can continue to help me become a success in kicking the habit.<

Fud,
I think you're doing great, and I for one was not offended by anything you said. Sharing your concerns and frustrations is part of what this board is here for, and I personally don't think you went overboard. Transitioning can be traumatic for some people at the beginning, and we're here to help.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 09, 2007 01:42AM

[as long as you keep thinking these negative thoughts..like oh how many calories am I at..does this make me 80% or 79%..or dam I added some olive oil to my burrito. that you really are punishing yourself. ]

Yes, I agree.

I don't think having a burrito on a sprouted wheat tortilla with homemade raw salsa and homemade raw guac and a tbsp of cooked black beans is going to promote disease. Especially not in a background of lots of raw salads and fruit with a handful of raw nuts/seeds per day.

Unless you are a celiac or something like that!

It's probably more viable in the long run than 100% raw for most people, too. I don't think most people can handle the all or nothing black-white perspective. I certainly can't.

My dad loves my diet, but he still wishes I would eat "more" because my BMI is borderline (18.5). So from his perspective, I do have an inadequacy, and this is including my modest quantity of cooked beans and occasional grains.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2007 01:44AM by arugula.

Date: May 09, 2007 02:11AM

To be honest with you....reading FUD's previous posts and reading that he/she is at the point where she is fainting and gagging when attempting to eat raw produce, I think that is cause for concern and a sign that deeper emotional issues are at play here.

I was just voicing my concerns....I'm not going to say there, there, there, don't worry about it and do the best you can, because if it were me, I wouldn't be waiting until I fainted multiple times or thrown up all my raw produce before I got concerned.

I don't care what FUD does to get through detox, that's none of my business...but when your posting how your fainting and gagging and all the depression/low self esteem stuff it should raise more concerns than mine, personally I think he/she needs to seek professional guidance, if he/she has all of that going on.

F1

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 09, 2007 02:34AM

The Fruitarian One Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>. . . a sign that deeper emotional issues
> are at play here.
>

That borders psychiatric diagnosis. Are you implying you have a tendency to punish yourself and you are reminded of yourself by this?

This isn't a spiritual or psychological awakening for some. It CAN become one in a very positive light but it's not something to be forced.

I'm addicted to cooked foods. Period. I need and want help and support kicking the habit. Period.

Thank you to all who are and will support this journey. "Go back to cooked foods and forget raw" is not an option. My reactions to detox are an obstacle to overcome, not a "sign" of something deeper.

Thank you again for offering the kind words of support. And especially for all the PM's I've received offering encouragement. I've really had to keep a watch on my PM inbox today from all the supportive messages to keep it from maxing out.

Thank you Kwan, for understanding. I'm grateful for the kindness. It means a lot and it's great to know that there are others willing to support me with positive suggestions and understanding words. It has helped me through another day, and I've gotten two great books to read and another plan to continue on with.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2007 02:44AM by Fud.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 09, 2007 02:37AM

an get more calories ! lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 09, 2007 02:43AM

Jgunn Wrote:
> an get more calories ! lol

Tell me about it. I've GOT to get somewhere with a greater variety in fruits. I can't wait until melons start coming in season.

[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 09, 2007 04:03AM

Hi Fud, Although I heartily disagree with Fruitarianone's advice, I understand his concern about your strong physical reaction to fruit.

I think it's possible that raw fooders are often more sensitive to a dietary imbalance than cook fooders, and I believe there are probably alternatives within a raw food diet that could work for you Fud if you'd rather stay raw and avoid cooked food altogether.

If you are having an aversion to fruits, maybe something in your body is telling you to eat something else, but not necessarily something cooked. I know for me, I'd rather eat fruit than anything, MOST of the time. But whenever I try to eat ONLY fruit for a day or so, and/or if I cut back too much on greens or sprouted seeds or sprouted grains, I start to feel practically crazy over wanting SOMETHING else.

I gave up blaming myself a long time ago, and I gave up thinking I just needed more practice or I needed to clean out more or I needed more willpower, etc.,etc.

Sprouted SEEDS and/or sprouted GRAINS (soaked and sprouted 36 to 48 hours) bring me back to myself again and take the thought of food and of being hungry right out of my mind. GREENS are also very satisfying to me personally if I don't eat them every day (for whatever reason).

I prefer those options over cooked food, and I don't worry over the occasional addition of raw wheat germ or cold pressed organic olive oil to my salad if I don't happen to have sprouted grain or a ripe avocado handy.

That and regular exercise is what works for me. You will of course need to experiment for yourself if you're interested.

I prefer to follow a raw food diet that I can easily sustain with regularity and consistency, and that I can rely upon to give me energy every day. Exercise is as important as diet for maintaining health.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2007 04:15AM by suncloud.

Date: May 09, 2007 04:06AM

Thanks for the advise suncloud. I need to find some grains I can sprout easily while traveling. We're almost done putting things in storage and will be off to look for a house soon. It's always worth a try.

[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: anna_elle ()
Date: May 09, 2007 05:57AM

I like the way everyone can be honest on this forum. At some point we are all going to hear something we don't like or can't face, but the intention of the writers here seems to be imbued with genuine care. Sharing our differences respectfully is important to the growth and development of the community.

Interesting that even within such a small social sector as raw vegans there is a plethora of diverse opinions and beliefs.

Happy Belated Birthday Fud.

I like to think of food as the living force of Love. Don't forget to Love yourself.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 09, 2007 01:44PM

Fud asked for advice and others including F1 gave him advice

and it was given to him

personally speaking, i would never place responsibility on anyone else for the choices that i make based on someone elses opinion

if i ask for advice,

ultimately its MY choice what to do with it

F1 graciously took the time and energy to express concern about the intensity of Fud's detox ( throwing up and nausea)

and i think he expressed his concern in a way that lent dignity and humanity to what Fud was going through...

its interesting how some people can perceive the EXACt same words in a different manner

i know i've done that too and will probably do it again in the future

i guess it just goes to show that everyone's perception is different

best of luck to you Fud

keep up the good work

Date: May 09, 2007 02:30PM

FUD, I wasn't giving you a psychiatric diagnosis, c'mon now, a psychiatric diagnosis is way more indepth than that and I'm not qualified for all that...

For the third time....I was showing concern for your gagging and fainting coupled with your emotional posts....I don't care about your addiction to food, we've all been through that and that's something for you to deal with, but it doesn't make fainting and gagging anymore acceptable.

And to be honest with you, no I haven't been through the gagging and fainting stuff or anything close to that, so sorry, the whole " implying I have a tendency to punish yourself and I'm reminded of myself by this" accusation is an extremely weak one at best, I love myself too much for all of that crap....

I was just showing concern....I'm not a yes man and I don't always go with the flow, if you was to go see a doctor and tell them that your a raw vegan and your gagging and fainting, I'm sure they would show great concern and not just say, carry on, you'll be ok....so why should it be accepted here?

I wasn't attacking you FUD but people here including you chose to see it as an attack, I never once accused you of complaining about every ache or pain, I made that statement in reply to your question, I was explaining that it was something I never did, but several of you chose to see it as an acusation towards you, well if showing concern makes me a bad guy then you know what....I'm a baaaaad maaaaaaan!!!!!

Peace y'all!

F1

Date: May 09, 2007 02:33PM

Thanks la_veronique...

Date: May 09, 2007 04:27PM

Hey F1,
Sorry if it sounded like I was criticizing you. I admit my first impression upon reading your response to Fud was that you were being hard on him, (so then I was hard on you!!) but maybe I read too much into it. You are a valued member of this forum, and definitely a GOOD guy. ;-)

Warm regards,

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 09, 2007 06:36PM

kwan Wrote:
> Hey F1,
> Sorry if it sounded like I was criticizing you. I
> admit my first impression upon reading your
> response to Fud was that you were being hard on
> him, (so then I was hard on you!!) but maybe I
> read too much into it. You are a valued member of
> this forum, and definitely a GOOD guy. ;-)
>
> Warm regards,

Hey no problem....Kwan

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables