Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cooked at night
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 08, 2007 02:52AM

I cant seem to break free of the trend of eating cooked dinner meals. I usually eat organic brown rice pasta or something along those lines. I bought a dehydrator and tried to make a raw "onion bread" Yeah that didn't work out so well. I am ready to try something new without buying any new gadgets!!! Any idears???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cooked at night
Date: May 08, 2007 03:04AM

Well I kinda used to have to same problem. I'd be fine all day long enjoying my fresh foods, but when it came to dinner time I would cave in and eat cooked or roasted veggies.

Try to make it a gradual change. For example, I started off throwing my roasted veggies into a big salad. Then I would try lightly cooking or steaming my veggies, but instead of just eating them alone, I would throw them into a salad once again. You know, kinda ween yourself that way. I did the same thing with pasta. Instead of having a full out pasta dish, I would make myself a salad and throw in some of the pasta noodles. It was actually pretty tasty, but it helped to transition me from the mind set of having warm cooked dinners. Hope those ideas can help you out a bit! Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2007 03:06AM by coconutty.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 08, 2007 03:08AM

sure, first decide if its a trend thats offically past its due. if you mean its a few day trend after eating all cooked meals before then it changes the perspective.

The simplest-least-cost-effective solution would be begining your dinner with fresh fruit...idealy a single type of fruit that digests quickly (not stays in the stomach like a bananas)...like melon or citrus in sufficient quantity. then wait a bit and then have your dinner salad with brown rice pasta. After awhile just phase out the brown rice and keep the salad..upping the ammount of fruit. or you can alternate this with another day where the salad is an avacado salad (nothing cooked that day), should speed things up a bit.

Date: May 08, 2007 03:15AM

All sounds like good advice. I think this trend is definetly past it's due. I have been doing this for 3 months!!! It has been nice as a transition but I am not feeling good about it anymore. Tommorow I will try the fruit and salad idea. Besides its gettin too hot here to eat cooked foods!!! Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables