Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

CHERRY TOMATOES ROCK
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 09, 2007 05:19PM

OK... so it took my 5 year old BEGGING me for some, but i bought a few packages of the SWEETEST JUICIEST cherry tomatoes from a traditional grocer....

THEY ARE SO GOOD!!!!!!!!

and today... realizing we were short on them... i crutched into the store and got on one of them little electric carts and filled the little attached basket with 10 packages of those sweet little gems (THEY WERE ONLY 98 CENTS FOR A BOX)..... MMMMMMMM they are so good.... i just ate two boxes of them and my mouth is STILL watering.....

I am surprised.... i looked on fit day and another nutrition sites and i find it hard to believe that cherry tomatoess have no protein!

i was surpirsed to see that cantalope had 5 grams of fat in two of them ( which is what i ate for lunch HEE HEE)

ne whoo... these little gemss are bound to get sweeter and more abundant and cheaper as the summer goes on... WOOHOO... i'm sure i'm NOT the only enjoying these little treats... and i have a feeling they will be great for my skin tooooooooo

love and light
tiffntwins

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CHERRY TOMATOES ROCK
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 09, 2007 05:23PM

yup yup and theyre super easy to container grow if ya got the room smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 09, 2007 05:37PM

tiffany Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I am surprised.... i looked on fit day and another
> nutrition sites and i find it hard to believe that
> cherry tomatoess have no protein!
>

when i look it up they have 1gram of protein per 100 grams ...

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 09, 2007 05:54PM

SWEET FRESH...

i don't know what i did wrong, i hvae been using fit day for years and this BOGGLED me.....

i KNEW they had to have some.... it's almost like you can TASTE the components....

oh YES the container idea for tomatoes is good.... i am going to grow them upside down.... go here for more info...

[www.seedsofknowledge.com]

you can do it iwht bush beans and sweet peas and all kinds of plants.... some amish folks i know do this VERY productively... WHOOT

tiffntwins

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 09, 2007 06:24PM

tiffany Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i don't know what i did wrong, i hvae been using
> fit day for years and this BOGGLED me.....

If they only have 1g of protein per 100g, if the portion size is less than 50g then maybe the amount of protein (less than 0.5g) rounds down to zero?

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: May 09, 2007 06:24PM

These people have the best cherry tomato seedlings (organic). You want organic tomatos because most of the conventional stuff is genetically engineered.

[www.naturalgardening.com]

I just put in 6 tomato plants this weekend but I couldn't get local organic cherry tomatos. I've ordered 4 plants from these folks. I've used them before. They ship and their stuff is great.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables