Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

allergy meds and water retention?
Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 10, 2007 04:13PM

I am trying to wean myself from my meds but the other day I was cleaning the basement and attic cobwebs and started a full blown allergy attack. I took 2 benadryl and had to use my albuterol inhaler. I didn't have to use my prescription allergy med thankfully. I was fine afterwards but became extremely thirsty and by the end of the day I had packed on 4lbs (water weight I know). It's stayed on so this morning I ate 2 complete bunches of celery (diuretic). I'm starting to urinate a lot and the weight is coming off but this leads me to wonder.

Has anyone had experiences with common meds causing water retention during transition or if you felt the necessity to take meds after successfully going 100% raw?

Any guidance or suggestions on this would help. I'm not particularly fond of too much celery and I don't know what other plants act as a natural diuretic.

Thanks for the help.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: allergy meds and water retention?
Posted by: ryandvan ()
Date: May 11, 2007 08:02PM

I used to have terrible multiple allergies. Allergic to calcium and breaking bones, allergic to sugars and blacking out, eyes swelling shut from pollens, etc. I did a few NAET treatments and have not have them since.

-Ryan
radicalvitality.com

Re: allergy meds and water retention?
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: May 11, 2007 08:05PM

Fud,

parsley is a good diuretic but I would just drink a lot of water right now. Your body is holding water around the poison of the meds and that's why you're swelling up. Drinking water will let the cells release water too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables