Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 1 of 22
Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 11, 2007 12:11PM

Beginning Monday, May 14, pakd4fun and I will be embarking on our 7 week all raw adventure and we want to extend an invitation to anyone here who would like to join us.

We realize that individuals are going all raw everyday on this site and that many of you are blogging or keeping a diary, but we thought it would be both interesting and helpful, to ourselves and others of the group, if a number of us could join forces and lend support, encouragement, and ideas to each other as we go. We also thought that by posting on the main forum that we would benefit from the experience of more seasoned raw fooders; allowing comments, suggestions and support from everyone here whether directly participating or not.

There will be no rules or dietary guidelines other than that the food must be raw. The percentage of fruit, fats, greens and etc. will be entirely up to the individual.

Those of you who have already started your all raw diets are more than welcomed to jump on board, as is anyone who is interested.

We do want to encourage everyone participating to log in your daily diet. This serves two primary purposes: it helps others with ideas of what to eat, and it helps you to stay aware of what you're actually eating everyday.

Please, if you decide to join us, sign up on this thread sometime during the weekend so we'll know how many are participating. If the numbers are negligible we won't be able to justify taking up space here on the main forum and will take our daily log in's to the diary section.

Hope to see you!

khale

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: May 11, 2007 12:52PM

i'm in. this is a good idea. 'specially 'cause we will be done in time for red,white and blue cupcakes on the 4th.(kidding)

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 11, 2007 01:06PM

i'm in....7 weeks sounds nice... i have already started 100 on 9 may... but i will "start" with ya'll on 14 may....

I always hated when i hadn't been here in a while and JUST missed the start of a challenge...... WOOHOT

tiffntwins

Date: May 11, 2007 02:55PM

welcome aboard alicenubby and tiffany!

we are looking forward and ready to rawk and roll!

hoping to hear from more of you. what are you waiting for? ; )

khale

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 11, 2007 03:41PM

I'll also join, since I've been doing really well lately..or I should say recently. I need to keep it all raw, and keep it up. It's tough..but once you get past those first couple days, it does get easier.

I'd even sign up as a phone buddy if anyone feels the need for that kind of support, many times I could use a phone buddy myself.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 11, 2007 04:42PM

Hooray!!! How perfect for me! I'm in, in, in....with enthusiasm, committment, gratitude. Thanks for starting this. For whoever has looked at my journal, you know how heavensent this is smiling smiley

---Elakti
smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: Felix ()
Date: May 11, 2007 04:55PM

I have been about 100% raw since April 17, 2006. Went into it because of some serious health challenges. Still dealing with them though I'm much better than a year ago.

So, I'd like to offer my good wishes and encouragent and support.

Way to go!!! smiling smiley

Proverbs 15:17 (New International Version) "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred."

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 11, 2007 05:10PM

I'm in !! I've been about 98% raw since May 2. My biggest challenge is that I work in a health food store and they always have various food samples out. It's hard to resist when I walk past bowls of tortilla chips, pesto, taco dip, and Newman O's cookies on a regular basis smiling smiley Seems I especially crave the salty, crunchy things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 11, 2007 06:49PM

I'm in!!!!!!! whooooot let the rawness begin! I've been raw for a few weeks but don't have it down pat so this is such a great thing for me and well everyone to do! yay! let's do this.

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 12, 2007 02:23AM

Am I allowed to start late? I'm finishing the master cleanse on Wednesday. Is that ok?

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: bluelight ()
Date: May 12, 2007 02:32AM

Hi. I'm new and I'm gonna try it! I sick of feeling sick all the time. I was hoping to go raw for the summer, but 7 weeks with others sounds like a good logical start. who knows maybe we'll keep going!

Date: May 12, 2007 04:04AM

Wow! I'm psyched! We've got a great group together all ready! This is going to be such an enormous help to me! Thank you all.

Last night I was preparing my first sunflower seed pate' and couldn't get my food processor (brand new) to work and this morning my blender broke. I was beginning to feel as if the Fates may be against me.

Your enthusiasm has changed all that.

Starfruit: Wednesday is fine.

Yippeee!

khale

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 12, 2007 04:13AM

this thread sounds wonderful! i think the support and accountability will be great for all of us. i'd love to be a part of it smiling smiley

i just began my raw journey about 3 weeks ago and have been 90-100% raw for almost 2 weeks. i feel more than ready to go 100% raw. i am thoroughly enjoying everything i eat and have very little desire for cooked foods. i'm also enjoying making my own raw dressings, hummus, and SMOOTHIES!! i think it will be interesting to see how different we all feel (and maybe even look) after almost 2 months of 100% raw foods. i bet we'll feel amazing! i'm so looking forward to it.

as for me, i'm really trying my best to eat mainly fruits during the day and veggies at night, and lower-fat than i have been eating. fruits are so appetizing to me and give me so much energy. i have been eating one too many raw bars (mostly lara bars- why are they so tasty?!?) and my goal is to eat maybe 3 a week at most. it is daunting but doable!

alright ladies and gents, let's do this thing!

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 12, 2007 06:45AM

i am...although i have been raw since january 24th..and 100% but 2 days out of the whole time i have been raw i ate a vegan burger....but i am sooo in!! i hope i can be even though i been raw for a while ???? PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE WITH CHERRIES ON TOP?? haha well i am in anyway haha..i will post and post till i am in haha..jj..well i am excited!! yay
thanks
love earthangel
this is going to rawk..i was feeling so left out cuz with my type 1 diabetes i couldn't do the fruit challenge and now i get to do this one!!!
xoxooxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 12, 2007 07:06AM

I am so new to this that I haven't even started!!!!! I just returned from a trip to Oregon to visit my son who is transitioning (sp) into a raw food diet and I am totally motivated and want to jump on board. I despeerately need immediate help and guidance with stocking the ref. with organic goodies. I just ordered (and rec'd in 2 days!!! free shipping to boot) a Vita Mix machine today that I am anxious to put to use tomorrow in making nutritional drinks and soups. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Where do I start? My goal is to feel better, sleep better, have more energy and lose the weight from menopause that I never expected. I was always trying to gain weight in school and then had ideal weight until menopause. Now I can't seem to shake it and it's an ego buster! lol I'm excited about having a support group of new friends to "talk" to.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: May 12, 2007 07:15AM

D is in da club yo! Sounds fun!

Only if I don't have to check in everyday, because I have company visting sometimes during those weeks and I don't log on when I have company staying with me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2007 07:18AM by Rawrrr!.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 12, 2007 07:21AM

hi ya'll!!..i always fail to do it..but this time is my last time before i do something before my vacations start ( goin to visit my family)..so im 100% in...i think the log in idea is super cool + receipes too..iwish we all make it..and stay IN...

Date: May 12, 2007 08:57AM

hey miss joan i sent you a privat message in case you don't know how to check them or when you have one (when i first signed up i had no clue haha you are probably smarter of course lol)
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 12, 2007 02:07PM

Yeah. Grocery shopping. That can be a mind boggler just starting out.

Here's a few basics I'd have on hand:

almonds and sunflower seeds

sesame tahini

nori and dulse

sundried tomatoes

good extra virgin olive oil and/or cold expeller pressed coconut oil

fresh garlic, lemons, limes, oranges, cilantro, parsley, green onion, jalapeno's and dates (for seasoning)

cayenne pepper and good natural sea salt (I use RealSalt) or kosher salt

I also keep unpasteurized miso on hand for texturizing and flavoring soups (not strictly raw, but "live"winking smiley

...and of course lots and lots of fresh produce, including:

2 ripe and 2 unripe avocado

3 ripe and 3 ripening tomato

cucumbers, carrots, celery, spinach, kale, swiss chard, collard greens, fresh corn on cob, squashes, romaine, green leaf, watercress and butter lettuces, and whatever else you like

and plenty of fresh fruit, whatever is in season. I always have bananas; either a large maradol papaya (which I haven't been seeing lately) or a pineapple and some mango's. Otherwise, I buy what looks good. I usually keep frozen blueberries on hand too.

Have I forgotten anything essential?

khale

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: May 12, 2007 02:19PM

I'm in. I've been 100% this time since April 20, But I love having and giving support to eachother.

I tend to be 100% about 29 days each month. It's that one to two days where I slip that I want to eliminate. This may help keep me motivated.

Best of luck to all of you.

Mona

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 12, 2007 02:59PM

WOW!!! I really am shocked and excited about the great number of responses. Khale brought this idea up to me weeks ago so I have been thinking about it a lot. I started eating mostly raw foods in August. I was 100% the month of September. My plan was to start my journey from a point of more raw than cooked and then wean myself off of the cravings. Cold turkey has never been a good way for me. I have been eating one to three cooked meals a week that have SLOWLY been getting healthier. My original plan was that my next step would be to make all my cooked meals rice and/or beans mixed with raw. I was thinking of it as stairstepping to 100%. I am glad I decided to skip this step for several reasons. One reason being I think my transition is going too slow for me. I have candida and, although it is about 75% better, that 25% needs to go. I am planning on making this a lifetime commitment. It is my true belief that living foods is the way I should eat and anything else is bogging my body down. My 11 year old daughter has decided to join us. She isn't making a time committment but says she will see how she feels and play it by ear. I am so thrilled she brought it up. We are feeling worse and worse everytme we eat cooked now. A lot of things are not appealing any longer. I know it sounds dramatic but I kind of feel like I am about to get on a big roller coaster. Exciting and scary.

YAY!!!! Let's do this!!!

Date: May 12, 2007 04:19PM

i am excited for day one today smiling smiley

i have a question- what is the difference between raw foods and live foods? i was under the impression that live foods are only plants that have been sprouted, but then on a few other sites some articles referred to all raw foods as live. can someone clear this up for me? thanks!

have a great, raw day everyone! i'll update my food for the day tonight and i look forward to reading about how your days went!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 12, 2007 05:40PM

I'd like to join too. I love it that the only rule is to stay raw.

Date: May 12, 2007 07:53PM

Meow wrote:

"i am excited for day one today smiling smiley

i have a question- what is the difference between raw foods and live foods?"

I'm excited enough to start today too Meow, and nothing is stopping us ; )

I've been raw so far today beginning with half a large pineapple for breakfast at around 11:00 and then a spinach salad with sun-dried tomato, walnuts and raisins with Ani Phyo's Kreamy Curry Dressing (yum) for lunch (@ 2:00)

tonight I plan to make a corn chowder!

According to my understanding, "live" foods retain some active enzymes or "live food cultures" in spite of being processed with heat. Raw foods are live foods that have not been processed with heat and therefore have all active enzymes intact.

Hey Pakd4fun! I was wondering where you were! This is amazing isn't it? (Neither Pakd4fun nor I anticipated such a "turn-out"winking smiley This is gonna be great fun! I am already feeling a sense of relief to my ass which has been riding the fence way long enough!

...and Peri (pakd4funs' beautiful daughter) is more than welcomed to post too.

khale

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 12, 2007 09:34PM

i am SO in as stated bvefore... and the day the challenge starts i will have 6 days undermy belt already... THE LONGEST I have EVER been raw consecutively with NO cheats WOOHOOO.....

does it sound crazy? but i am SOOO relieved to know that i will have accomplished a week already.... psychologially it is boosting me!

this challenge will be SO good for me.... i have a new diary page on the diary forum where i will keep my progress noted in detail....

Do you want us to post her ein the message for the 7 weeks? or how will we be keeping up wiht eachother? diary pages? or a place where we can all ccheck in and read ALL the progres of the PEEPS ont he 7 week challenge?

OH and one more quetion? why did you choose 7 weeks? seemed like an odd number, just curious...

lovenlight

tiffntwins

Date: May 12, 2007 10:43PM

Hi Tiffany,

I'd like us to keep tabs on one another right here, if the rest of the forum will indulge us. I'd like to see everyone post their daily food intake here as well. We'll see how it goes.

I chose 7 weeks because of the numerological significance of the number 7, which is the second "monad" or, the number 1 on a higher level. This suggests the individual (the first monad) reaching a new level of self-awareness (second monad).

Also, practically speaking, I figure three weeks to get adjusted to the technical aspects of the diet such as packing lunches, dealing with social engagements, travel and etc.; another three weeks and starting, perhaps, some detox issues, both physical and emotional, and the final week for experiencing a sense of victory and self-mastery (both words associated with the number 7).

I'm so glad that you are excited Tiffany, and congratulations on your 4th day all raw! way to go!

khale

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: May 13, 2007 12:00AM

I'm into this. I just got back from a three week business trip (read: eating out twice a day, ordering what I thought was raw most of the time, and ending up with lots of spooky dressings and crouton-ish toppings and other mysterious elements). Beginning monday, I'm doing a 10 day juice fast to detox and really start this clean. I'm moving to LA on may 29, and my birthday is the next day. This is for me, and this time, I'm just going to start out by telling my co workers that I'm raw. It's LA anyway--I won't be the "weirdest" kid on the block. okay and good

s

Date: May 13, 2007 04:07AM

khale, thanks for answering my live vs. raw foods question. so i guess all raw fruits and veggies are live then? awesome!

shaine, that's exciting that you're moving to LA! i've been here for about 3.5 months and i really like it. i haven't gotten anything but support from friends and colleagues here about my raw foods lifestyle, which is great. when i went vegan back in boston a lot of people thought i was insane. people here seem more health-oriented and there are lots of raw juice bars and even a raw restaurant every here and there!

well i guess we don't "technically" start til tomorrow, but i'm going to post my food for today anyway. i ate more fat than i would have liked, but was still 100% raw. i've been losing weight anyway and don't need to, so i'm not too worried about the fat for today, although i do feel more energized eating mostly fruit with some veggies and a little fat.

-5 raw cashews and 5 raw almonds (needed a snack first thing in the morning)
-glass of fresh-squeezed OJ, apple
-dried mango slices and a small handful of raisins
-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, pint of strawberries, 1/4 c. OJ
-chocolate coconut lara bar (my downfall!)
-apple
-carrots w/ raw zucchini hummus
-salad w/ spinach, romaine lettuce, sprouted beans/lentils/veggies, red peppers, onions, chopped broccoli and cauliflower, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, and raw dressing made w/ bragg's raw ACV, about 1 T EVOO, some sundried tomatoes, garlic, and thyme
-a slice of dried mango and a taste of raw mango when i was cutting it up- i may have more raw mango later if i'm hungry

i feel like i ate all day today, but i was really hungry. tomorrow's goal is no lara bars! have a good night everyone.

Date: May 13, 2007 07:04AM

hey meow you are too cute...the challenge doesn't start till monday smiling smiley....but that is awesome i will post my foods for today too!!!

1 1/2 cups of pineapple with i juice of young coconut smoothie
zucchinghetti
oh and a head of collard greens with 1/2 cup of sprouts!!
2 bites of chopped broccoli

have a nice day everyone!!!!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 13, 2007 10:49AM

Well it looks like some of us are revving up early. Good deal.

I stayed raw yesterday except for 3 squares of dark chocolate that I had laying around, which I ate after two bowls of delicious raw corn chowder and a smallish salad with more of Ani Phyo's Kreamy Curry Dressing.

The un-cooking is a lot of fun. I'm not one to follow recipes to the letter, preferring to read cookbooks, get ideas and then play. Last night I wanted my mother to share the corn chowder with me and since she is still staying as low-fat as possible I used some blonde miso and a handful of soaked almonds for creaminess and texture rather than the avocado suggested in most recipes for this dish. It turned out really good. Fresh jalepeno, some cilantro (I adore cilantro and often make banana and cilantro smoothies for breakfast) and diced red pepper, green onions and sprouts added before serving made this a very tasty and filling soup. Because the corn was so sweet I was tempted to use a bit of banana for creaminess, but was afraid that the rather dominant flavor of the banana would overpower the corn. I may try this at a later date though.

My boyfriend came over this morning with a bucket of fresh picked dewberries (I believe they are called loganberries in other parts of the country) that grow wild and prolific this time of year here. No doubt I'll be having a bowl of those for breakfast.

My biggest challenge will be met tomorrow. A friend gave me a small, soft, portable "ice chest" for my birthday and I want to make sure that I have plenty of food with me when I leave the house around 9:30 tomorrow morning. Often, it's after 4:00 before I return home in the afternoons and I've been caught hungry and unprepared many times in the past. The little ice chest will enable me to bring juices, smoothies or leftover blender soups and salads with me when I leave for work, along with whole fruits and soaked nuts for snacking.

I like getting a walk in in the afternoons and am fortunate to have a uncultured park nearby where I can walk on natural terrain in wild woods in relative solitude. I can feel the "world" fall away after only 10 minutes of being in this environment, so its physical and spiritual exercise for me. I want to encourage everyone participating to try and break a sweat everyday. It's so important to digestion and facilitates an efficient detox. I also recommend sweat baths a couple times a week for the same reason. If you don't sweat easily a cup of hot tea sipped in the hot bath will usually do the trick.

Happy Mothers Day to all the "mommies" out there!

Tomorrow morning I'll weigh in (I want to keep tabs on my weight loss/gain) and may check my urine pH and note that too. My daily food intake will be noted every evening before bed or first thing the next morning.

Looking forward everyone,

khale

Current Page: 1 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables