Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 7 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 23, 2007 01:44AM

Suncloud I agree. It raelly helps with the social aspect. I love reading what peopel are eating. It's so interesting. Speaking of which i ate soooo much today. Ergh and i had 1 vegan chocolate chip cookie. Although really small it made my tummy hurt and gave me a headache .I didn't even want it but they were going to throw it away at work so i ate it .Really silly. OK what else
1/2 papaya
1 watermelon juice
two plates of zughetti
4 baby macaroons
2 bananas w/almond butter and raisins
some raw ice cream sooo yummy
some eggplant w/tomatoe sauce and cashew sour cream
3 flax crackers
I think that's it.
Yummy day I'm gonna try ot do less tomorrow though. Ergh. Ok good night all.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:04AM

Ohh.... what a day. I am wiped out. I took five kids to the museum. Although I had food in the car it wasn't satisfying me and I had huge cravings. I really wanted some warm vegetable soup which is what I ended up with so I am happy now.

It is funny Khale mentioned caring for ourselves because I have been soaking my feet every night while I sip my tea.

Today I ate:

-tea
-3 grapefruit then squeezed the juice into a glass and drank that.
-dates, figs, dates, figs, all day 'till I finally got home after 6 PM
-angel hair zucchini tossed in olive oil and topped with basil, garlic and tomatoes.
-minestrone soup-celery, tomatoes, garlic, cayenne, salt, sundried tomatoes, zucchini, basil, oregano, olive oil I warmed this a bit and it was so helpful in satisfying my need for comfort food.

I will have tea and soak my feet.

Shawna- I would like the nutloaf and ketchup recipe. If you want to put it in the recipe section I will go there.

Persevere everyone!!!

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:19AM

Hi all, I felt great today, good energy, good mood. That detox yesterday brought such benefit. Yesterday I could hardly move, and today I felt like dancing. It is fascinating to experience the dynamic of raw foods and what the body is able to do with its "raw materials" minus the toxins. (plus sleep smiling smiley )

1st thing: Galia Melon (sublime)

Throughout morning:
banana
goji berries & raisins
papaya
2 oranges

Lunch: small salad of green leaf, sunflower sprouts, tomato, 1/2 avocado, 3 sundried olives

Snacks: goji berries & raisins
orange
a few cherries

Dinner: large salad: red leaf lettuce, baby spinach, cucumber, tomato, red
onion, walnuts (just a few)

Will probably eat something else. Maybe even avocado mashed with tomato chunks and kalamata olive or two. Maybe just orange juice.

Hungry on way home from work, I had momentary vision of warm bread and...I won't go into detail. I thought about the delicious big plate of salad I was going to have when home and knew I would add walnuts to it. The walnuts or pine nuts are good for me right now when I think of something heavy and "comforting". The salad was so satisfying and I have no cravings. So far so good!

Plan to watch Amer. Idol and turn the tv off and lights off....
we'll see.....smiling smiley

Elakti

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:32AM

things are goig well for me too...

food intake

2 mangos
2 cup grapes
10 baby banans i afternoon
2 cups kimche ( chopped radish not cabbage and OH so good)
1 cup fermented soybean sprouts
/5 sons red bean icecream sandwich (it was melting all over and i had to hurry and "clean it up" so he could finish it
2 pieces SUPER dark chocolate, not raw but fine and dandy...

i have regular diary and will post my emotioatnl comments for the day there...

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 23, 2007 03:53AM

hey all, no time to comment, but i'm feeling pretty down tonight. i'm not sure why, i think detox. i also feel like i "failed" for the day b/c i came home from work so hungry i literally thought i was going to pass out, and ate carrots w/ raw hummus, about 6 raw cashews, and a banana, then wasn't hungry enough for the yummy zucchinaghetti i'd planned on having. not to mention i had more fat than i wanted to have. but then i did some relaxing pilates and just told myself to chill out. i made myself eat a small salad for dinner so i didn't end up starving later on. so...my day wasn't as good as i'd planned but here's how it ended up:

- half a lara bar, banana
- banana, about 2 c. watermelon
-deeeeelicious fruit salad- a mango, some blueberries, and lots of strawberries, and another banana
- went for a 45 min. walk on my break
- 3 dates (at this point blood sugar was going crazy and i was feeling faint...not sure why! but the dates helped for a bit)
-apple
- was about to die after work. had a bunch of carrots on the way home, then almost the rest of the bag (a small bag), some w/ hummus and some plain, when i got home..along with a banana and about 6 raw cashews...
- then i did my pilates/strength exercises
- salad w/ spinach, arugula, romaine, red peppers, carrots, cukes & a tomato and about 4 T raw apple cider vinegar (this hit the spot, i think i need more veggies around lunch time to help w/ blood sugar levels)
- may have an apple or nectarine later if needed

so...at least it's all raw. and actually it didn't end up being too bad. fitday says that's 1341 calories, 28 g. fat (19%), 285 g. carbs (74%), 22 g. protein (7%) without the apple or nectarine that i may have later. i don't know why i freaked out so much. i think i'm just emotional lately and i am also a perfectionist but i'm learning to let go of that.

i learned my lesson and already packed a salad like i had for dinner to bring for lunch tomorrow. i'll probably add some raw sunflower seeds to it for extra staying power. sounds yummy.

have a good day tomorrow everyone!

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 23, 2007 06:04AM

hey everyone you are doing great!!! keep up the good work all!! i am soo impressed on how many people are on this challenge and how many amazing results we will have in the end!! i have faith in you all!!! keep it up!!!

meow i am a perfectionist too haha that is an issue of mine lol so i know what ya mean!! you still did great today don't let it get you dowN!!!

anyways gotta run..off to bed...but wanted to post on here and wish everyone a happy wednesday!!!!

love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

so here is what i ate today
5 small (size of small corn tortilla shells) collard green leaves
2 cups of sprouts
1 small zucchini
1 cup of fresh oj
1 cup of kale.....
1 banana

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 23, 2007 08:18AM

Thanks Earthlangel, and Happy Wednesday to you too!.

Meow, I think you're doing great, (and so is everybody!) Good choice, sunflower seeds with salad for staying power at work. I like to eat the sprouted jungle peanuts (when I have them) with fruit at lunch, and they are good!

Where are those jungle peanuts anyway? I hope they didn't harvest them all out of the jungle, and now they're extinct. sad smiley Just in case, I saved about 15 of them in my fridge, and I plan on planting them soon.

When I first started working at my job, I noticed this icky smell in the kitchen. I mentioned it to one of my coworkers. I said, I wonder what that rotten smell is in the kitchen. She said, what does it smell like? I said, it smells like fish. She said, oh, that was my lunch! OOOPS!

Today I ate about 1/4 coconut and gave the rest to my doggies (they love coconut). It seemed really rich to me today, although it was still very good. I also ate: bananas, oranges, mulberries, apricots, a small tomato, 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry), 1/4 cup sprouted sunflower seeds (measured dry), and one African marigold (very spicy and delicious).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2007 08:21AM by suncloud.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 23, 2007 08:53AM

Everyone is doing so awesome!!

I feel awful atm I got drunk(organic wine!) on Monday after 2 months without drinking. Just feel such a failure right now, trying to take it easy. Hoping I will be able to feel better again today.

Anyways yesterday had:

Tomato juice
2 Litres water

Coconut water

4 cherry tomato with 3 mushrooms- just mixed plain

More water

--

Today a tonne of water

Need to plan my first week of juice feasting, ahh deary me, back to square 1!

Xxx

Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 23, 2007 11:28AM

Good morning everyone!

rawdanceruk: all wine has a spirit. that spirit can be your angel or your demon, its up to you. If you learned something Monday night, the wine is your angel. If you feel like a guilty failure, the wine is your demon. My suggestion: don't waste any more time feeling bad about yourself. Just keep moving.

I think everyone is handling food cravings very well; with patience and intelligence. A little warmed soup is a good way to handle it, plus it's soothing and nourishing to the body. Very good choice in my opinion.

Meow: be careful that you are not too hard on yourself. I can ride my own ass like nobodies business so I know how you feel. but it looks to me like you are doing very well. it's good to want to do better, but better is best when we are patient and content with ourselves as we are now.

Elakti: I think Jordan should win! and bread is the one thing that ALWAYS sounds good to me, and unfortunately it always seems to me that bread compliments raw nicely. that's probably throw-back from my Fit for Life days when I only ate bread with salads or veggies.

shawna: you can post the nut loaf and living catsup recipe right here if you want to. I'd like to have a look at it. sounds really good.

You guys all RAWK! and I look forward to "talking" to you all everyday.

shine on!

khale

Posted by: shawnasong ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:44PM

SORRY, I ACCIDENTALLY POSTED WITHOUT FINISHING...

NUTMEATLOAF
yield: 1 loaf
3 C pecans, soaked overnight
3 C walnuts, soaked overnight
2 Red bell peppers, chopped
1 C chopped carrot
2 T paprika
1 T garlic powder
1 T poultry seasoning
Braggs Aminos or Nama Shoyu to taste
Stir in:
1 C onion, finely diced
1 C celery, finely diced

1. in a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except onion and celery. Mix well.
2. Process this mixture through a juicer using the blank (homogenizing) attachment. I DID MINE JUST IN THE FOOD PROCESSOR. WORKS PERFECTLY.
3. season to taste.
4. By hand, mix in onion and celery
5. form into loaf shape on teflex sheet of dehydrator tray
6. dehydrate overnight
7. top with Red Pepper Ketchup several hours before serving and return to the dehydrator for 2-3 more hours. Slice and serve

RED PEPPER KETCHUP
Yield: 2 cups

2 C chopped red bell pepper
1/4 C chopped red onion
1/8 C chopped red beet
2 T paprika
2 T ground flax seed
1 T celery powder**
2 Tsp garlic powder
1 pinch ground clove (I OMITTED THIS)
2/3 C extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 T fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp liquid stevia extract (I OMITTED THIS)

In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients, blend well and season to taste.

**Celery powder is made by dehydrating celery, then grinding it to a powder using a spice grinder or dry blender (or coffee grinder)

This was a really delicious meal, but still very wet after many many hours of dehydrating. The edges were done more and yummier than the rest. So, with the leftovers from dinner, I made 1 inch slices and dehydrated them for 3 1/2 hours. They are just perfect and ready to "heat" for 30 minutes in dehydrator prior to serving today.

Here's a palendrome I thought of during breakfast:

RAW ON = NO WAR

Change your body, change your thoughts, change the world!

Shawna

Date: May 23, 2007 02:46PM

Me again, I got confused and thought I posted twice. Anyway, I deleted a paragraph where I basically said be mindful of the length of time it takes to make this recipe. There's a lot of prep work, easy but time consuming. I started last Thursday and we had it Tuesday. The celery takes a few days to dry for the powder.
Shawna

Date: May 23, 2007 02:47PM

P.S. I added about 1/2 cup of soaked sun dried tomatoes to the ketchup because I had them ready for something else that I didn't make and needed to use them. Nice addition
Shawna

Date: May 23, 2007 05:16PM

Doin a bit better today

Had

1 litre water

3 apples juiced

Probably sit and have some melon juice a bit later

Date: May 23, 2007 05:49PM

i am doing well today too... i broke open the ground fresh frozen coconut i bought to help me with my cravings at night time after hubby gets home... hope it helps... i'm desperate at this point and will try anything too not eat at midnight... my will is not strong enough yet argh..

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 23, 2007 07:50PM

Rawdanceruk, glad to see you're feeling better! I agree with Khale. This is maybe a day late, but try not to ever put blame on yourself. Responsibility yes, blame, no. Especially try not to put on the "failure" label. The more you think of yourself as a failure, the harder it will be to be anything but.

Trials always have a purpose. If we pay close attention, our trials will always teach us something we don't already know. Once we learn the thing(s) we're supposed to learn, the trials go away. Think about what happened, and search for the lesson there. Especially try to remember, what was the mistaken thought that led to the action? Once you remember what that thought was, try to remember that the thought was an error, and don't believe it when it comes up next time.

Seems like all that juice will help reduce any craving for wine! Let's see, juice, wine, juice, wine, juice, wine. I'd take juice!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2007 07:56PM by suncloud.

Date: May 23, 2007 07:58PM

I forgot to post my exercise yesterday. I did an hour of yoga, 50 minutes aerobics with weights.

Date: May 23, 2007 08:27PM

thanks for all the comments about how i didn't do so badly yesterday! i know at least i was all raw, and i'm trying to be more forgiving of myself when i don't follow a set "plan." after all, my body doesn't care one bit what i decided i'd eat for lunch...it's going to want what it wants anyway!

shawnasong, i love the RAW ON=NO WAR thing you came up with. it's weird how being raw seems to make you see things in a different way, or interact with the world on another level. i'm thinking all sorts of things i never thought before and coming up with new ideas and ways of living, and i love it! it's all raw-inspired!

danceruk, i feel you on the wine thing! i had wine once since going raw, and only one glass, but i felt so awful all day (had it at a bar at around 2 PM) and the following day. but we live and learn! i think organic wine is usually raw...?

i'm doing well today, my blood sugar is under control, i'm not excessively hungry, and i have more energy. i'll post food later tonight!

Date: May 23, 2007 09:09PM

Thank you guys, makes me feel a bit better!!

Today has been a bit better so I feel back on track. Thing with me is any sort of slip up tends to cause a chaos or an ED trigger. Which has been problamatic the past two days. Feel like I am out the other side now though.

Being back to a routine after being away a few days I think will help a treat!

Thanks you all for the support smiling smiley

Onwards and upwards!!

Date: May 23, 2007 10:20PM

Hi folks,
Today I reveled in:

Green Smoothie

leftover nutmeatloaf wrapped in romaine leaves with tomato and avocado

fruit salad of papaya, banana, strawberry, cilantro and fresh lime juice (you gotta try this!)

Be well,
Shawna

Date: May 24, 2007 12:52AM

the fruit salad DOES sound yummy Shawna - I love cilantro with fruit.

I had a tough day today friends. A headache, something I very rarely suffer, lasted all damned day! and I felt just generally out of sorts all day long. After work, I hid my to-do list from myself and came home to rest. I slept several hours after taking a hot cup of Dr. Gillham's magnesium "tea" and woke up headache free, thank goodness.

I had:

2 banana smoothie with lots of dewberries

RawRevolution bar

Lg. juice of carrot, celery, zucchini and ginger

4 walnut halves
2 bites of tabouli

dr. gillham's "tea"

olives - several (I invariably wake up from a nap hungry, even if I'm really not, if you know what I mean)

bowl of spinach topped with 1 small papaya and a mango

I'll have another cup of magnesium "tea" in a hot bath tonight before bed
plus dry brushing and an enema. The enemas really help me when I start feeling crappy. (no pun intended)

See ya tomorrow,

khale

my persosnal day 15
Date: May 24, 2007 01:36AM

100 raw YEAH ME

1 cantelope
1 cup seaweed
1 cup radish kimch'i
1 cup soybean sprouts
1 apple
14 baby bananas
2 tbs raw shreded mature coconut

i have major canker sores in my mouth three of them now... my detox is finally kicking in.. argh....

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 24, 2007 01:36AM

EA, I just sent a long message. Did I post it? I meant to send a private message so I wouldn't take up space with my verbosity. I tend to go on and on! Sorry. You're just too good a listener and encourager!

Joan

Date: May 24, 2007 01:58AM

Tired today. Another big day. I feel good but my daughter, who is on the 7 week adventure also, had a headache and was overly tired today.

I ate:
-tea'
-banana
-dates, figs, figs, dates until about 4 pm
-dry seaweed
-leftover minestrone soup
-tea
-1/3 of a smart monkey bar (would of had the whole thing but had to share)

Tomorrow I have to go to a work dinner thing with my husband and stay over at a friends because it's two hours away. I am planning on staying full on raw. If I am full I can say no to cooked. If I'm lucky there will be food there for me.

Date: May 24, 2007 03:40AM

khale, i hope you feel better tomorrow! that magnesium tea sounds pretty cool, i've been getting headaches lately (detox) and i may look into that, since they pretty much kill my whole day!

tiffany, congrats on 100%!!!!! awesome job.

pakd4fun, i would say good luck staying raw tomorrow, but i know you don't need luck b/c you are strong and you can do it! so have a good time smiling smiley

my day was pretty rawesome. i ran today for the first time in about 3 weeks. i was waiting for my body to let me know when it was ready to run again, and i'd been feeling physically exhausted and a little weaker than usual since going raw. but today i just really wanted to run all day. i had more energy and felt really happy and good. so i ran after work. just 3 miles, but it felt good! and it wasn't any harder than it used to be. so i am happy.

here's my food for the day, all of which was absolutely wonderful! especially dinner!

-choc. coconut lara bar, banana
-banana
-fruit salad w/ a mango (unfortunately not quite ripe yet thoughsad smiley) and strawberries
-salad w/ spinach, arugula, romaine, red pepper, carrots, cukes, sunflower seeds and ACV for dressing- in an attempt to keep blood sugar levels steady! i think it worked! i also had an apple w/ lunch
-banana, 4 dates (sooo good)
-carrots w/ a little raw hummus pre-run
-ran 3 miles
-zucchinaghetti w/ marinara made from tomatos, sundried tomatoes, garlic, and a dash of basil & thyme yummmm
-nectarine, and maybe an apple too

week 3 is more than halfway over! how crazy is that? soon we'll be halfway to 7 weeks! i have a feeling most of us are not going to stop once we hit 7 weeks- i know i won't!

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 24, 2007 03:44AM

Hello all

Fruit: galia melon, my last few strawberries, the last of the cherries, the last apricot, 2 bananas, cherimoya, 2 dates, a few goji berries & raisins, papaya.

Lunch salad: romaine, baby spinach, whole tomato, whole avocado, 3 kalamata olives w/ dressing

-some of that fruit between lunch and dinner--

Dinner: avocado mooshed up with tomato and olives and red onion (little bit) eaten in romaine leaves (3)

I seem to be eating a lot of avocados. OK. LOVE them! And I may cool it...later. smiling smiley

Blood sugar is leveling. Gastric disturbance of stomach growlings and grumblings and false "hunger pains" is lessening. I feel pretty good. People are noticing loss of weight and say I look younger (a good thing, let me tell you, heh heh). I'm v. happy with my progress.

Exercise: 2 20 minute walks to and from bus stop on days I work and gardening on days I don't work; dog walks regardless of work. smiling smiley I need more; I feel it! Need to sweat a bit, get circulation and lymph moving, heart pumping, etc. May also resume Pilates. Soon will be swimming a lot. I know exercise will be as beneficial as sleep for my overall health --- and will assist detoxification.

Good work all! Carry on!! Bon Appetit!
Elakti

Date: May 24, 2007 07:46AM

Congratulations everybody on doing so well!

Today I ate bananas, oranges, surinam cherries, about a cup and a half of coconut water, a tablespoon of spoon meat coconut, 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry), 1/4 cup hulled sunflower seeds (measured dry), and 2 pink hibiscus flowers.

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 24, 2007 08:01AM

hey loves!! awesome job today..everyone did so well!!! i am exhausted so i am going to just post my food!! hope all is well take care and keep fighting the good fight smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

i had
1 cup of kale
3 strips of red bell pepper
2 tangerines
1 unique/ugly fruit
1/2 small baby watermelons they are yummy!!!
3 strawberries
1 banana
1 cu of carrots
lots of water

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 24, 2007 12:44PM

Good Morning Everyone!

Welcome to Day 4 of Week 2!

Everyone is doing really well. I think we just might make it, eh? ; )

I awoke feeling good and hungry and hope to eat quite a lot today. Yesterday and this morning I felt almost the same as when I fast and want to make sure that I'm getting enough calories to sustain my activity and stress level.

Who here is diabetic? Type 1? Type 2? I'm very interested in how diabetics deal with this diet, especially given the high fruit intake. Meow? I think you are, right? Elakti? are you? And also, if it's not rude, may I know the ages of the diabetics participating here?

Pakd4fun: good luck and by all means, have fun! and remember that this is NOT a competition. do what feels graceful and appropriate for you.

Meow: Magnesium is known to help with migraines, so it can easily knock out a simple headache. I like the "tea" because it seems to deliver better and faster. beats the hell out of an aspirin. I can't tell you how many people were offering me meds yesterday. sheesh!

keep it raw,

khale

Date: May 24, 2007 02:21PM

Thanks for the support guys.

I did not know that about Magnesium. Thanks for the info. Khale.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 24, 2007 02:44PM

Starfruit--
>some eggplant w/tomatoe sauce and cashew sour cream<

Oh my, that sounds really delicious. Do you dehydrate the eggplant first, and was the tomato sauce made from blended sundried tomatoes? (Just curious.) I read a recipe in LivingNutrition Magazine for 'pizza' that had dehydrated eggplant as a base. I haven't eaten this way in a long time, but some day when I really feel like I've gotta have something satisfying with tomato sauce, I may make it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Current Page: 7 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables