Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 8 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 24, 2007 04:04PM

it's so great to see other people overcoming the struggle of obesity through raw foods, earthangel!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 24, 2007 04:22PM

Tiffany, I was @ a health food store yesterday and one of the workers (a vegetarian) told me that a delicious treat when she has a sweet craving is mixing Tahini paste and honey. Maybe you can give that a try. I still haven't tried Tahini but I bought a jar at WF's.

Have a rawsome day!

Joan

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: May 24, 2007 06:16PM

sorry i wasn't posting for a little bit.

tuesday:
- 1 green apple.
- nori rolls.
- salad with sliced avocado and greens.

wednesday (yesterday):
- 1/4th cup blackberries
- 2 bananas
- small honeydew melon
- mixed chopped veggies
- 1/3rd an avocado
- handful of grapes

today:
- blackberries/bananas blended
- a handful of grapes
probably some nori rolls & a salad, and some fruit. i'm going to enjoy the sun.
i've lost 6 lbs. so far this week!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 24, 2007 09:54PM

Good job, Rawfrancois!

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: May 24, 2007 11:58PM

tahini & honey

mmmmmmm!

Posted by: shawnasong ()
Date: May 25, 2007 12:13AM

Greetings,

Today I ate, in this order:

a slice of nutmeatloaf covered in a gorgeous red pepper & corn salsa

1/2 orange

1/2 banana

Larabar (I had to see what all the fuss was about...YUM)

Romaine boats filled with nutmeatloaf, live ketchup, olives, red pepper & corn salsa, sprouts

a couple of bites of mango and pineapple

couple bites of beet burger

I'm bushed and cranky. Gonna nurse my baby to sleep, watch a movie and hit the hay.

What a beautiful life!
Shawna

Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 25, 2007 01:33AM

good to see ya rawfrancoise - kudos on the weight loss

Joan: glad to see that you found us. nice to have you here.

I felt as good today as I felt bad yesterday. My energy was smooth and steady and I felt calm and happy...really rawkin day!

I ate:

Juice of 2 oranges w/ 2 digestive enzymes

sublingual Bcomplex

Smoothie of 1 mango, 1 banana, & 1 cp. frozen pineapple w/ 1 tblsp. of ground flax

apple w/ handful of soaked almonds

a tomato stuffed with a half cup of tabouli

1 banana

basic waldorf salad tossed w/ lemon-orange juice, drizzle of raw honey, pinch of salt and 4 kalamata olives

good night everybody. it's bubble bath time for me.

khale

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 25, 2007 01:56AM

wow, rawfrancois, nice job w/ the weight loss! gotta love raw foods winking smiley

i have been pretty hungry today, maybe b/c of the running yesterday? i got to leave work at 1 PM to go get a mani/pedi paid for by my boss! it was sooo nice and relaxing. then i windowshopped for a bit and came home and went for a long, hilly walk. what a lovely day!

-smoothie made w/ 2 bananas, oj, strawberries, mangoes, blueberries (sooo good!)
-apple pie lara bar (wf was out of chocolate coconut sad smiley )
-banana
-fruit salad w/ the rest of the mango & strawberries
-apple, 3 dates & banana
-walked for about 1 hour 10 mins.
-carrots w/ raw zucchini hummus - lots and lots!
-will have the rest of my zucchinaghetti that i made last night
-will have an apple/nectarine/maybe both later on

just put it into fitday (helps me a lot when i'm not sure if i'm eating enough, or i think i'm eating too much, or i want to know the macro breakdowns) and that comes to 1371 calories (waaaay less than i thought, i feel like i eat all day and it doesn't add up to much! i love it!) with 28 g. fat (19%), 287 g. carbs (73%), 25 g. protein (8%). not too shabby. i'd still like to lower the fat but at this point, this is what's working for me and i feel pretty good! i think my body did a lot of detoxing last weekend and early in the week, and i have a lot more energy, feel a spring in my step, and am almost always smiling lately. it's great to be raw.

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 25, 2007 02:57AM

i did awful... where did my self control go? OUT THE WINDOW THATS WHERE LOL

the ONLY thing i ate today that was raw wasmy breakfast.. a mango....

i ate 4 KFC biscuts and four servings of the most delightful lemon cookies... argh... they were not vegan sad smiley

ne who.... feeling pretty yucky right now, body wise,not beating my self up surprisingly, cause im just human and oing the right thing is always the hardest....

so, i am drainking a TON of water to try to displce this salt ( i am really struggling with salt) and gonna do a salt water flush in the morning... i can't keep torturing myelf and expect to feel good

tiffntwins

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 25, 2007 03:08AM

Banana.....Cherimoya smiling smiley......apple & raisins.....
1:00 romaine, red leaf, lots of celery, tomato, dressing (Bragg's sesame)

Later---juiced 2 oranges before a 45 minute nap

one date

Galia Melon

7 p.m.---avocado, tomato, olives (5) on romaine leaves

Will make oj later as my nightcap. A bath sounds good. And so does sleep, feel tired and a little low. So, I might as well go with the flow.

Khale, nope, I don't have diabetes. Just get hypoglycemic with the wrong diet, but it turns around with raw foods --- and I don't want to keep playing russian roulette with this eating-see-saw. The way I can consume sugar and carbos, it is a wonder I don't have it.

You know, before I discovered raw foodism I was so perplexed as to WHY the hell most people have such a governing "sweet tooth". I wondered, why are we all so hell bent on consuming cupcakes and chocolates and etc and etc etc when it is clearly so toxic, why why why???

With my study of rawfoodism --- BINGO! I finally saw why...it is our natural craving for sweet fruit, majorly our natural diet! So simple and right an explanation---sweeee-eeet! smiling smiley

I know you all know that, but I am still amazed by the simplicity & rightness of it, I guess cuz I am such a sugar addict if I don't eat rawfoods. And I am grateful for this thread when I am seriously getting back to rawfoods.

Let's keep it up!
Elakti

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 25, 2007 03:51AM

hey everybody great job today!! seems like everyone is eating lots of yummy foods and fruits keep it up!!
yay rawfrancois on the weight loss!! that is awesome 6 pounds good job hun!!!

hey kale...well i have type 1 diabetes....and i am 22...just turned in january don't know if that matters smiling smiley..and it is pretty rough with the diet and insulin and everything..but i am struggling with it and coming out on top and feeling good!! thanks...

hey richardd i don't know if you would consider my fight against obesity since i don't have any of those issues....my weight is caused by medical issues and imbalances.... and i am not in the obesity weight range eight.... but i do relate with ED's...since i have struggled with anorexia and bulimia for a long time!! but thanks..are you struggling with obesity and raw?? good luck with yoU!!!! i hope things turn out great!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

here is what i ate today!!!

1 cup of fruit salad..watermelon....grapes...strawberries and banana
1/2 cup of carrots
2 cups of kale
1/2 cup of sprouts
1/2 cup of broccoli
1/2 cup of grape tomatoes
1/4 raw peas
1/4 cup of cauliflower
1 cup of spinach
and then whateveri have for dinner... which might be nothing my tummy is full right now!!!!

love you all have a super night!!!!!

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 25, 2007 06:40AM

Way to keep going Tiffany! Good for you for not beating yourself up.

Do you have a twin? Is that why you call yourself tiffntwins?

Today I had bananas, oranges, lychees, tomatoes, surinam cherries, about 1/2 cup goji berries, 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry), 1/4 sprouted hulled sesame seeds (measured dry), and 1 big pink hibiscus.

I also had a B12 supplement. I haven't mentioned it before, because it's not exactly food, but I do take a methylcobalamin B12 supplement 2 or 3 times a week. I've been vegan for over 20 years, and I started taking the B12 about 5 years ago.

Good day for exercise: 1 hour of yoga, ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile, 50 minutes aerobics with weights.

Date: May 25, 2007 09:42AM

hey there suncloud good job!! you had a great day !!! hmm that big pink hibiscus sounds amazing!!! i bet it was huh?? i have tried one edible flower..the other day at a raw food potluck it was spicy...hmm don't know which one though!!!
tiffany has a set of twin boys they are 5 years old...from the way she talks about them they are the most darling!!! she is so sweet i just love her!! always so willing to try and do her very best you know??
anyways you had an awesome day!! keep it up!!
love earthangel
xoxoxxooxoxoxox
ooh and the b12 is such a good idea..what brand do you use?? i forgot which one brian clement said was raw and natural not cooked or useless...do you have a really awesome one too??
hmm well gotta get some sleep haha!
night

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: May 25, 2007 12:01PM

good job you guys! I had a 2 day not all raw relapse but I am back in the game two days now. starting to feel better.
I have caught two colds in the last two months.
2 weird.
I went to Costco yesterday and they had larabars there. 18 4 18 bucks.
a big box of mixed greens for 3 something etc.two big bags of frozen fruit for twenty ( not so hot of a price). 4 lbs of bananas for 1.30
anyways I am tired of grocery shopping. I am goign to see how long I can last without going.
hAVEANICEDAY

Date: May 25, 2007 12:16PM

Good morning everyone...

Tiffany: FOUR KFC bisquits! what's up with that? I'm not fussing at you, but it sounds to me like you have yourself under law. Remember our motto for the week? "Persevere: to put forth effort in a state of grace". I think you may be forgetting the "grace" part. This should not be a matter of intense self-control but of doing what you DESIRE to do.

"True sacrifice is giving up what you no longer want for that which you do
want."

We can't be successful eating raw if we only think we SHOULD eat raw. Desire for what the diet gives us; desire for a better life, a healthier, more vital body; a glowing, peaceful, calm presence that brings true beauty...such things should motivate you to make choices consonant with these qualities.

If you are telling yourself that you can NEVER have such and such again, you are under law and not in a state of grace. You can have whatever you want. Just remember that. The question to ask yourself is, "what do I REALLY want?"

Suncloud: I'm impressed with the amount of exercise you are getting in, and envious. It's rained here everyday this week and so I haven't been able to get a walk in. I am doing the 5 rites every morning, but I'd like to do more. It will come.

Well everyone, here comes another weekend! Weekends tend to present unique challenges and so its good to take a few minutes to remind ourselves why we are eating raw and what we are trying to accomplish during this seven weeks. These are questions, of course, that everyone has to answer for themselves.

thanks for being here guys,

khale

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: May 25, 2007 01:14PM

Hey, everyone. Lately I have been falling back into anorexia, I'm not really going to lie. I take a diet pill called NV twice a day. I doubt it does anything but I walk at least a mile a day and try to watch what I eat, so maybe it helps.

To earthangel: I'm really sorry if what I said came off as vindictive. I'm just naturally very suspicious of the internet/what people say, and it surprises me that you are able to exercise that much on such a small amount of food.

Tiffntwins: It happens. My advice to you is to slow down your transitioning; maybe go to a natural foods store and get some Lara bars, raw cookies, nuts, coconut, or make some banana ice cream. Then you can still eat raw and not worry about harming your body.

Thanks, suncloud, khale and meow! I'm trying to lose another 10 by June 1st. I'm crazy.

Today I have to go to NYC and I'll take pictures and whatnot. I'm going to try and visit some raw food spots, too, but I have a feeling I'll be too busy.

I'm having some cherries for breakfast and probably some juice & melon later.
I'm giving up: avocados, bananas, and coconut (even though I don't eat that much of it) because I feel (like many other rawers) they kill my high.

Date: May 25, 2007 02:24PM

Good Morning Everyone!! What a beautiful morning it is here in CT. The sun is shinning and there's a gentle breeze. However, it's going up to 91 so this won't last longsad smiley I'm especially happy because this is the FIRST morning that I didn't crash after getting up to make a smoothie for my hubby before he leaves for work. Until today I would sleep until almost noon. I'd have to set the alarm to take my little grandson to preschool. I haven't posted my eating yet so I'm starting now. This AM I made (for 2) a smoothie of:

1 orange w/pith
1 frozen banana
3 small chunks pineapple (w/a little of the juice)
3 strawberries
1/4 cantaloupe
1 small apple
1 kale leaf
1 collard leaf
2T bee pollen
4T Flax seed oil
4T Hemp protein powder
raw almonds (maybe 8)

My frequent BM's have subsided the last couple of days although they're still mostly loose. I'm drinking lots of water everyday.

Alicenubby: Do you have a Whole Foods Market in your area? I've seen the Lara bars for $1.49 to $1.59 around here. @ Whole Foods they are .99. So if you have a WF and don't want that many Lara bars at once it's an option for you. Also, it's so convenient for smoothies to have the frozen fruit you got. Does that compromise the nutrients etc. because they aren't fresh?

Rawfrancoise: I'm so jealous you lost 6# in a week! GREAT job!

Tiffany: You are so adorable. Today's a new day! Yesterday is a cancelled
check, over, done. Remember, "it's ALL small stuff."

Suncloud: I'm interested in the raw B12 supplement, too. Keep us posted.

Everyone, have a great day. 3 1/2 hrs. and I'm still up and wide awake. YEH!!

Joan

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 25, 2007 06:29PM

isnt just you struggling with ana battles rawfrancois, its very tough. But keep going, it does get better!!

Am feeling much better, its been so sunny that helps too!

Today had

Fresh apple juice- small glass

1 litre water

5 baby clementines

feeling good

This thread is raw-some smiling smiley so much support and good energy!!

xx

Date: May 25, 2007 09:45PM

first of all and most importantly-

rawfrancois, another 10 pounds in a week? that is not only incredibly unhealthy eating disordered behavior, it is also NOT at all what raw should be about. raw is about listening to your body, respecting yourself, and strengthening the mind-body connection. if you lose weight it is your body releasing toxins and getting to your natural weight. there is no need to push yourself beyond that. if you don't lose as much weight as others you don't need to. i am deeply concerned about you. you say you are slipping into anorexia again and taking diet pills- i don't think you would have said any of this if you didn't subconsciously want some help. so please let us help you and support you as you get back on a healthy path. you need to know that diet pills are so harmful and unnatural and full of chemicals and poisons- and underfueling your body is simply no way to live a happy and full life. please feel free to pm me if you need more support, as you know i've struggled with anorexia and other EDs and i hate to see someone else throwing away years of their life to these diseases.

khale, i'm sorry i forgot to respond earlier- nope, i don't have diabetes. i think you may have confused me w/ earthangel?

tiffany, i second what khale said. raw should not be extremely difficult or cause mental anguish. it should be something you want to do, and something you feel your body and mind are ready for. if you don't feel this you may want to try a slower transition until it just "clicks" and you are ready to go 100%. it really doesn't have to take so much effort! you need to keep in mind how much better you feel inside and out when you are raw, and let your body's natural needs and intuition be your guide. i'm glad you don't feel guilty b/c you are only human! but at the same time ask yourself if you're really feeling this 100% raw thing right now, or if you might benefit from a slower transition. there's nothing wrong with that! all in good time, right?

i'll post my food updates later! have a good day everyone! i guess for most of you non-west coasters it's almost over already!

Date: May 25, 2007 10:27PM

Tifftwins: I hope I wasn't too "flip" in an earlier post. I wasn't demeaning your "day off raw food". The way you were so honest was so refreshing. It reminded me of when I ask my grand-babies if they did a particular thing and they immediately admit to it. You are going to be just fine when you find your way back to what you know makes you feel the best you can be! Good luck to you and all of us for the long weekend.

Joan

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: May 26, 2007 01:07AM

Miss Joan: thanks for the tip about larabars at Whole Foods. we do have one here(Seattle) but it has the nickname Whole Paycheck hahaha.I go there SOMEtimes cause of the Vegan baked goods buuuuuuut not latelysmiling smileylike in the last 12 days or so.

Meow: thanks for your concern and advice.I think a lot of us have/are struggled/struggling with Eating Disorders. I liked what you wrote.

I am drinking the BEST smoothie yet:
banana
flax oil
frozen-papaya,mango,pineapple
5 stalks of celery
lots of coconut(shredded-raw???)

here is my two cents worth on my own cooked food relaspes....I let myself get to hungery...so here is my new plan and two cents worth....I am going to try not to get hungery and for now stuff my face with lots and lots of rawlike today:::::

two bananas
1 cantalope
apple
raw trail mix(almonds walnuts raisins dates cashews)
huge salad: greens, avocado, red cabbage,pumpkin seeds, raisins,carrots
1 larabar
and
a GIANT smoothie-see above(filled up the blender...is that normal?)

i really don't know if i am done yet.
but I haven't craved SAD food. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?I think it is brilliantsmiling smiley

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 26, 2007 02:03AM

Throughout morning:
Cherimoya (super)
Banana
Papaya

Lunch Salad: romaine, tomatoes, shredded beet, sunflower sprouts w/ Bragg's Ginger sesame dressing

Afternoon snack: sliced banana covered with soaked goji's topped w/ coconut

Dinner: Salad: romaine, tomatoes, shredded beet, sunflower sprouts, celery, and kalamata olives, topped with salsa (tomato, sundried tomatoes, onion, celery, red pepper)

Will no doubt drink a couple glasses OJ later.
No avocados today! (I'm out, that's why)

Strong (strong!) craving for toast and butter and jam today. Yikes. Very full sensual visual yearning craving. Oh, I ate a handful of walnuts, too. At that point in the day.

Exercise: about 4 mile walk
Elimination: terrific smiling smiley except that also includes 2 spots of eczema which is not good since I can't flush it away, LOL.

Low mental/physical energy, mildly depressed which may or may not be connected to rawfood transition...may have something to do with toast though, smiling smiley

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 26, 2007 02:44AM

kwan: I dehydrated teh eggplant for an our. The sauce i kind of made up tomaotes, sundried tomatoes, oliveoil, capers, fresh rosemary and basil, and garlic. Soo yummy
Today:
1/2 pineapple
1 glass oj
i date bar
1 avacado
1 banana
coconut shake w/indian spices
eggplant cauliflower suop
mini raw pizzza
some raw vanilla ice cream yum
some raw collards
i think that's it. Yum.
Sorry i havne't posted in a couple days. Will start dong that again. ooops.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 26, 2007 03:20AM

my day:

-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, strawberries, mango, blueberries & splash of OJ
-chocolate coconut lara bar, banana
-apple
-fruit salad- tons of mango and strawberries
-banana, more mango! love it
-carrots w/ raw zucchini hummus
-ran 3 miles even though my legs were sore and it's friday! proud of myself for that!
-dinner will be a huuuuuge salad w/ spinach, romaine, red peppers, tomatoes, carrots, cukes, 1/3 avo, sprouts if they're still good (lol) and raw ACV
-watermelon!!! i have lots of fruit leftover b/c it was my boss's bday so i brought in fruit for us- she didn't want anyone else to know it was her bday so i have almost a whole container of watermelon and some strawberries...i finished ALL the mango though! hehe

well i've lost more weight this week, i still think i look fine though, not too skinny, so i'm not worried about it. i notice that after a detoxy period (like last weekend when i was so exhausted, got a pimple (!!) and had bad headaches) i always drop some weight. so i really do think it's my body releasing those toxins, and that can't be a bad thing! although it sucks to have no jeans that fit...lol.

have a great saturday everyone!

Posted by: shawnasong ()
Date: May 26, 2007 03:22AM

Wow, lots of stuff going on with folks. I am surrounding you all in love and light.

I ate:

a green smoothie

8 apricots

3 small romaine leaves stuffed with beet burgers, live catsup, red pepper & corn salsa and sprouts

watermelon

1 1/2 champagne mangos

2 raw lemon cookies

nori rolls with jicama, cucumber, carrot, avocado, sprouts, and red pepper corn salsa dipped in nama shoyu and wasabi

I am so overly stuffed tonight.
Have sweet dreams.
Shawna

Date: May 26, 2007 03:50AM

hey everyone...well i have had a long day and can't post long...but i want to take the time to write to you rawfrancois...

first i just wanted to let you know rawfrancois i started crying when i read your little note to me...i know it is hard sometimes with the internet...but i have been doing it for so long it is like my body is used to it....but i am working on it i know i need to...thank you for that though it was healing to me as well!!!

okay gal now i know you told me you don't want to get into emotions and reasonings..but i want you to know that we are all here for you..i am sincerely concerned about you and like meow said you wouldn't of mentioned those things if you didn't want some form of help!! i have been through it all too!! i can relate to you on the ana and ED's it is a tough world and a very tough thing to go through and be healing from..especially with raw..because so many start to form old habits with raw because of the limitations you can give yourself..and yes i know that i too fall victim sometimes...especially cuz i still believe it you aren't hungry don't eat rule..and so sometimes i don't....but i want you to know that no matter what we are here for yoU!! and we will support you guide you whatever it takes to help you overcome this...10 pounds in a week is A LOT for anybody...but especially for your small body.....please be careful and really try to let your body do the work and eat raw and feel healthy and love it because it does good things for you..not as a weight loss....

well sweetie please take care of yourself...i sent you a pm so please check it!!!
love always earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

oh yeah hmm well today what did i eat??
1/2 cup of carrots
2 cups of kale
1 orange
and i need to still eat dinner..i was so busy today i didn't have time to stop and eat..i was running around with my head cut off haha!!

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 26, 2007 09:50AM

Thanks, shawnasong for surrounding us all in your love and light!

To Earthangel and anyone else who may be interested, I take the Jarrow Formulas Methyl B12 (methylcobalamin), 1000 mcg, "suitable for vegetarians". I take 2 or 3 pills a week. I don't believe they're raw, but the pills are so small, I don't really think about it. Other ingredients in the pills are: xylitol, lemon flavor, citric acid, stearic acid (from vegetable oil), and magnesium stearate (from a vegetable source). Without the B12 supplement, I get deficiency symptoms. The symptoms are minor, but uncomfortable enough that I prefer to avoid them by taking the B12.

My understanding is that the methylcobalamin is superior (and probably less toxic) than the cyanocobalamin.

If there's a better methylcobalamin supplement than the one I'm now taking, I'm interested and open, so please let us know.

Speaking of pills, Rawfrancois, please throw those diet pills in the trash where they belong. I'd ask you to flush them down the toilet, but then the little fishes somewhere might get exposed. Diet pills will hurt your brain. All those diet pills are forms of "speed" - legal relatives of methamphetamine and "ice". They're bad, bad, bad. They're nothing short of poison. So please make all of us (and yourself) very happy by tossing them ASAP.

Try to concentrate on eating healthy foods and exercising. Setting a goal to lose 10 pounds in less than a week is extreme, especially since you already lost 6 pounds last week, and especially since you're only 16 and have struggled with anorexia. And again, don't even think of eating those diet pills. Bad, bad, bad.

I really hope you aren't angry with us for harping on you. But if you are, that's OK. Just don't abandon us. Good for Meow and Earthangel for picking up on your call for help. We LOVE you. Please be kind to yourself. Please. OK?

Miss Joan, I have a little grandson too. He's 4 and so wonderful! He's my only grandchild. How many grandbabies do you have?

Alicenubby, I agree that you're absolutely brilliant. That's a fact! And I don't mind saying I'm brilliant too, because I figured out the same thing. Nowadays, if I hear a little voice telling me not eat this or that raw food even though I'm hungry, I hear a better little voice telling me that if I make myself stay too hungry for too long, I'll end up paying for it later by eating too much. That's not to say that I eat all day with complete abandonment, but hungry is hungry. For staying trim, I now prefer to exercise and work off an appropriate amount of food, rather than try to stay uncomfortably hungry. I think it gives me a happier outlook on life in general.

Today I ate oranges before going swimming. About twice a month, My husband and I like to go out in the ocean and swim, swim, swim. We just swim around. My husband likes mostly to snorkel, and I like mostly to just swim. I follow him around, and sometimes he brings up a neat shell or points out a turtle or something. It's very much fun.

When we came home today, I had bananas, strawberries, and a salad of shredded nori (Goldmine is the best raw nori IMO), 1/2 avocado, red leaf lettuce, chard, chinese cabbage, shredded ginger, cilantro, leek, a cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, 1/4 cup sprouted wheat (measured dry), olive oil, and lemon juice.

Exercise: swimming, 50 minutes aerobics with weights

Just want to thank you again Khale for starting this all. It's so much fun getting to know everyone and doing this together.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2007 10:00AM by suncloud.

Date: May 26, 2007 12:54PM

Good morning

Yesterday was my toughest psychological day yet. I had severe doubts about the diet, which felt anything but "natural" to me, and concerns about those of you on the list battling ED's. I felt bad for congratulating rawfrancoise on weight loss that may not be cause for celebration. The fruit was too sweet and the greens were too bitter and so on...

I ate:

Juice of carrot, celery, and cucumber

fruit salad of mango, papaya, and banana with cilantro

larabar

2 whole oranges

coupla cured olives

Kale salad dressed with evoo & avc, garlic, sun-dried tomato, raisins and raw pistachio's and ate this with a fresh PITA!

Caved in to a strong desire for something bland, solid and filling. Went to our local mediteranean grocery for pine nuts and olives, and picked up fresh pita for my mother while there. Pita is something that is always in the house, in fact there is all kinds of food in this house as there are three of us living here and not any two of us are eating the same things. My mother is low-fat vegan cooked, her husband is SAD, and I'm, well, trying to stay raw. So temptations are so ubiquitous that I'm rarely even tempted anymore. Earlier this week I made homemade pizza's for my boyfriend and the family while I happily ate my raw tabouli...this didn't bother me at all. But last night my body felt unsatisfied and I specifically DID NOT want anything blended with fats or contrived to taste like something else. I just wanted a fuckin piece of bread! lol

This morning I feel a need to sit down and really look at this diet and work to determine the best way for me to eat on a daily basis. Most of the raw recipes are too rich for my taste, I mean they taste delicious but the richness repulses me after a short while; ditto all the fats. I'm used to eating very bland vegan cooked at night. Too much fruit gets cloyingly sweet to me after awhile and also very rich, and I'm not at all sure that my body likes fruit except in the mornings. That leaves veggies and greens and unsweet fruits which are notoriously low in calories....what's a raw noob to do?

anyone have suggestions?

Also, the diet really puts a cramp in my social and family life. I've got my sister and her two kids here this weekend, plus my boyfriends niece is graduating from high school tonight and so his whole famdamly is in. Plans to eat out have filled the weekend calendar, what with two families here at once, and at both houses celebratory food and junk reigns supreme! I've, as gracefully as possible, excused myself from the restaurant engagements but I'm not exactly happy about it. And its not the food; its the requisite vigilance that grates on me every now and then. Sometimes I just want to "be", if you guys know what I mean.

but I'm in for the long haul guys. One of the main reasons I chose the time-frame of 7 weeks is because I anticipated this phase and want to see what lies beyond it. tally ho!

thanks for listening,

khale

Date: May 26, 2007 06:03PM

Hi Khale,

That was so FUNNY! You just wanted a fuckin piece of bread! ROFL! (My son says that means "rolling on the floor laughing!"winking smiley

Since you asked for suggestions, I have one (I usually do, in case you haven't noticed. Sorry).

Well here's my suggestion. Since you don't appear to be sensitive to gluten, you might try sprouting a little bit of wheat occasionally. You don't have to mash it up or dehydrate it or make something fancy. It's really delicious added to a nori roll (if you have the good Goldmine raw nori). Just a little bit of fresh whole sprouted wheat added to a salad or a nori roll is very satisfying, very grounding, and adds a whole new food group to your repertoire.

I like it best soaked overnight, then rinsed and drained 2 or 3 times a day, until the evening of the 2nd day, when it's usually ready to eat.

Please try not to worry too much about the EDs. People go through what they need to go through for whatever reason. It's all a learning process. By starting this thread, you have given us all an opportunity to help and support each other.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2007 06:14PM by suncloud.

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 26, 2007 06:37PM

Hi all....

MMMM honey and tahini... MMMMMMM

I sign my name tiffntwins, cause i have twin boys.. they will be 6 soon.. they are the second center of my universe....

so two days ago i was 100 raw and ate alot of good food!

yesterday i ate half a huge watermelon and a pineapple "pizza" tomatoes and pineapple on a thick tortilla/gyro wrapper it was good....

today i am on road trip to my friendss house in NC. haven't seen her in two years and we are super excited...

i brought my dates and goji berries, a few large papaya and a pineapple, and banans, i will keep me raw about half the time LOL... i know i will eat ccooked, but just one meal a day! oh and i brough mangos! so i will be okay while we are there, i will need to go buy some boxes of salad however...... i am DYING for a box of greens... argh.....

three hours more, i am in the car right now LOL and keeping busy so i don't snack...

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Current Page: 8 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables