Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

No detox-- too good to be true?
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 11, 2007 06:04PM

i am finishing up day three of 100 percent ( my first ever success this many days in a row) and i have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo detox...

no head aches, no cravings that make me think twice ( wanted starbucks yesterday for a minute), no acne, no weird poo or pee, no emotional highs or lows, no ANYTHING....

i have been 80-10-10 two days and yesterday i had 26 percent fat from .5 cup pignolias...

is this really happeneing? i am leaning toward number one, but here are the possibilities that i have thought of.

1 my firt thought is my broken leg.. is my body using EVERYTHING to heal me? including burning up and metabolising the "toxins" to heal my leg?

2 or is the INCREDIBLE amounts of time i spend sitting in my at home hospital bed resting since i can only gete around on crutches? and the rest is taking care of the detox symptoms?

3 or is it just that i'm not gonna have any right now and will have it BAD later? or not at all?

anyone have the same thing happen to them?
any input would be VERY appreciated ?

thansk

tiffntwins

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No detox-- too good to be true?
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 11, 2007 06:13PM

Have you been high raw for a long time before though? I never got any detox symptoms but I changed my diet very slowly over the course of several years.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 11, 2007 07:51PM

Hi Tiffany---isn't it nice??? (not your leg, though, sorry---but, it IS making you rest!) Happy for you that you are 100% and loving it.

Just to tell you about the first time I went raw, and was 100% right away, after a very poor diet---I expected a massive detox attack, but I didn't have anything but sheer delight for many many weeks. A few minor things here and there, but nothing compared to how I had been feeling pre-raw! The detoxifying I was going through once in awhile was nothing compared to the toxifying I had been going through! Everything just reversed! I felt better and better day after day after day. Then as adjustments were being made there would be a few symptoms totally manageable. Nothing to lay me low, nothing I did not understand---all happening under the umbrella of improved health, I felt above the symptoms in a way. Like the difference between eating really badly and being decked by a gruesome flu---and doing a healthy fast and feeling flu symptoms. So different. You know? For ex., quite early on I had a little cyst develop on my groin which eliminated green pus. Ewwwwwww! But, I felt fine while my body was doing things like that.

Later---yes, but I won't go into that. (Don't want to alarm you, LOL--just kidding, sort of.) I think there are stages and everyone goes through their own process depending on history, present condition, age (duration of wrong eating, more time with emotional eating, etc), and all that. And, sometimes, I really wondered what was going on, too! And, then later, I also wondered what was going on when it changed a lot and I went through some things that weren't exactly peaches. I mention this because it is a reality, not to be negative, and I also mention it because I can tell you from experience that to have support and somewhere to go with quesions and musings is of Utmost Importance! So, it is good to have sources of help in case you do run up against something...& even if you don't. We need each other.

Enjoy your good eating! Rest---your leg must certainly be healing much easier with your real food. Hope you're up and about soon.

(sorry I get a little verbose. I'm going to work on that. It may take some detox, heh heh)

-Elakti

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 11, 2007 09:03PM

sure, resting as much as possible will help nourish your detox, and avoiding the stresses that would 'cause' more physical symptoms

I hear "I never went through detox" or "i'm done with detox" often on this board

symptoms are emotional and physical, any ties to emotional states can in a sense be detoxed.

the simplest way to tell if you are is to stop eating smiling smiley

or, eliminate something from your diet completely, after a few months something should kick. many people keep things in their diet intentionally...nuts/seeds --->steamed vegetables to slow their detox..some people have things in their diet which unintentionally keep their body in a state of homestasis, stimulants, dense gourmet foods etc...nothing wrong with that of course either. but a little inappropriate terms to be 'done detoxing'

I wouldn't be 'preparing for the storm' certainly you can avoid or aleviate many of the physical stuff by living stress free, resting, and proper exercise and by regulating your detox. But if you decide to say...live off just fruit and greens, going about your daily routine like most of us have to do, you'll probably become symptomatic a few months in in some way, I would think..just my experience.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: May 11, 2007 09:28PM

Even if major detox does take place, it will be because your body has built up enough energy to handle it (although it may not feel that way when you are going through it) and is actually creating it to get rid of stuff that shouldn't have been sitting around in the first place--both physical and emotional issues. As noted before, it all depends on where you are coming from and the rate you are supplying your body with high quality vitality.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 11, 2007 10:43PM

Right. The above posts are exactly correct. You will be fine either way....but do not judge your true detox levels until you have been eating at your goal raw percentage for many months. Then you will be in a position to evaluate better. Just my opinion.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 11, 2007 11:47PM

ohhhhh i love you all!

to answer a question i have been 80 percent for about 10 years or so..... the last three weeks went down to 5o because i was dependant on hubby to feed me LOL....

i am SUPER excited...... and i am getting more and more excited each day as i pass another and another record for me! thanks! i am VERY thankful for all this rest that is for sure and i have no doubt it is playing a part in my detox and success on raw....

thank you all again!

tiffntwins

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables