Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Loss of appetite?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 13, 2007 01:57AM

Hi all,
About a week ago I went from 50% raw to about 70-75% (I'm gradually increasing to try and get as close to 100% as I can) and so far I'm doing ok. However, I noticed that my appetite is gradually decreasing. I've fallen into the habit of eating 6 small meals a day, trying to include a balance of carbs (fruit or veggie) protein, (nuts, avocado) and fats (from the same sources, except for olive oil) in each mini meal. However, I've noticed that as the week progressed, I cut out one meal because I just didn't feel up to it and today I cut out two. My original goal in terms of calories was 1500 (I'm 5', have about 10 pounds to lose, though I didn't go raw for weight loss but for health) and 30 grams of protein. Lately I've been at about 1350 and 25 gr protein. Today I'm barely over 1000 calories and 23 gr protein.

I'm concerned because though I could stand to lose those 10 pounds I don't want to get into a situation of not eating enough for health reasons. I'm not feeling fatigued and do have some good energy (though it's not through the roof, probably because I'm not close to 100% raw grinning smiley).

Is this normal? Should I just leave it alone, eat as much as my body tells me to, and have faith that my appetite will increase accordingly as I progress?

I know the standard advice is "eat more fatty fruits and olive oil" but I'm actually getting about 45% of my calories from fat already and honestly, I don't feel even a desire to add more nuts, avocado, etc. (which is amazing, since I love that stuff...) I also eat a fair amount of dry fruit (a few servings a day) and I don't see myself increasing that either to add calories.

Tam

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Loss of appetite?
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 13, 2007 02:02AM

Hi there..not sure wherey ou heard that standard advice is to add fatty fruits and olive oil with loss of appetite and energy..but that isn't nothing like what i have found or seen....some say it is part of your detox from increasing the high raw percentage and your body is working on getting rid of toxins and is telling you to rest and relax so it can get to work..that it doesn't want to do anything or eat anything because all of that would be energy your body would need to use for those items instead of healing itself and getting rid of toxins...although you don't have health challenges you still have a lot of toxins in your body from cooked food and everyday life...so just give it some time and relax....hmm you do eat a lot of dried fruit make sure you are getting raw and soaking...maybe cut down some on the dried fruit and so much fat and see how you feel as well...fat and the sugary dried fruits can cause fatigue and exhaust as well!! so check it out and see if that works!!
good luck hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables