Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

headaches
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 21, 2007 11:09PM

OK. So I am 8 days raw. I eat a lot of good food and supplements. Green Juice and wheat grass juice daily. I've lost 4 pounds. On third day, headaches. I've
read in David Wolfe's book that you can slow down detox by eating cooked food,
but I don't really want to do that, but I am wondering how long will these
headaches last. They do leave if I eat fruit, etc, but they come back. At first
I thought it was blood sugar, but then I realized it is primarily in my head. No shakes, etc. My energy is really low too! Before I started, I was kickboxing
and weighttraining. Now, walks and feeling really dragged. Anybody have any input?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: headaches
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 22, 2007 05:30AM

Hi Meri,

Headaches and fatigue are a part of detox along with many other symptoms. Try to make sure you're combining food properly. It sounds like you're already supplementing so you may not need to plug in intake into fitday.com.

You could try drinking German Chamomile Tea or something else soothing. It may not eliminate the headache but it will ease the tension a bit. You could also try Yoga or gentle stretching but you sound like you tend to be more active than that.

As for fatigue, sometimes even sleep doesn't cure it. If the fatigue is too extreme, it could be a sign of insufficient nutrients.

There really is no cure for detox other than going through it to get to the other side. As you already mentioned, you can slow down detox by incorporating cooked veggies. It really depends on how severe your detox becomes. Right now, it sounds like yours are still mild.

Good luck.
Therese

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 22, 2007 06:30AM

Detox should last around 2 weeks or less. That is, assuming your current diet isn't toxifying you. If you find that you have continuous detox, one that lasts more than 2 weeks, you ought to take a hard look at your diet and see if eliminating something (say like a supplement) ends the tox/detox cycle.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 22, 2007 02:09PM

Thanks. I realized that I had turned up the humidifier last week, so I turned that way down and I woke up and felt better. Maybe I had some congestion. Then, last night I ate 2 salads. I woke up 2 lbs. heavier and feeling much better. At night, I've been eating more liquid smoothies vs. whole veggies so I am going to make sure that I am eating more whole veggies. I am going to write down everything I have added to my diet and everything I have given up. Also, like you said Bryan, something new maybe bothering me or maybe it is getting off of the last of the dairy. I had quit most everything dairy because I had become lactose intolerant, but I still was drinking Lactaid milk.

Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: May 22, 2007 08:39PM

I would suggest drinking more water or eating watery fruits too.... headaches are often related to dehydration.
Also here is home remedy links for headaches [www.myhomeremedies.com]
[www.mothernature.com]

=)

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 22, 2007 08:47PM

i found that the times i was getting headachey was when i wasnt getting nearly enough food in me ...now i try to at least nibble something between my major meals so i dont feel hungry smiling smiley or headachey smiling smiley

plus i try a glass or two of water and wait 30 minutes if im still headachey i eat something and that usually sends it on its way smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables