Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ugh. Just ugh.
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: May 22, 2007 04:50AM

Okay, I need to rant. You've been forewarned.

So I decided to "treat" myself tonight, honor my cravings, and I had this spicy sweet potato salad from work (Whole Foods). Normally, sweet potatoes are one of the only cooked foods that doesn't make me feel yucky, but this...ugh. I felt like @#$%& afterwards!!! Not only that, but it wasn't even that good. They used yams, not sweet potatoes. I hate yams. So anyway, all I wanted after eating that was my green smoothie I had waiting at home. I wasn't hungry, but I just felt like I needed to clean myself out after the cooked nastiness!!! I just finished drinking my smoothie and I feel 1000% better. This experience, for better or for worse, has renewed my commitment to raw. Next time I get cravings like, it's Manna bread for me (makes me feel really good, despite being sort of cooked). Ugh...I'm still trying to shake off the trauma of dinner...lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ugh. Just ugh.
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 22, 2007 04:55AM

Ench,

Great that you tried out your craving. I have to do that too in order to get it out of my system. When I have a reaction like yours, I know it is time to give it up.

Congrats.
Therese

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables