Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

NC foraging?
Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 26, 2007 01:58PM

Hi everyone. I've been on the road these past few weeks and haven't had much internet access. We got a gig in western NC and will be here for several shows. I'm going up to the mountains today for some hiking. That will be interesting as I hammered my right knee pretty hard with a sledge hammer trying to get the new awning stakes out of the ground. My entire right leg swelled up twice it's normal size but it's not hurting to walk on and only hurts when I press the spot I hit when I missed the side of the stake. I don't have insurance so no hospital visits unless it tells me it's broken when I walk on it.

Well, on to my question. I'd like to start foraging local areas to add some options to my food. I know about wild blackberries for the area. I also know how to recognize poke for poke salad but that has to be cooked. I haven't noticed any dandelions in this area so I'm needing some suggestions or even a book to read that might be readily available around here. I'm in western North Carolina near the mountain range not too far from Asheville or Hickory. We'll be in the area for a week or two at least.

I don't know how long I'll have regular internet access as this place isn't too tolerant of our rescued animals and the only other campsite in the area doesn't have internet so I do hope someone familiar with the area is able to provide some suggestions. I'll probably be moving to a new camp ground on Tuesday that doesn't have internet.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NC foraging?
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 26, 2007 02:48PM

hey fud.... we are going to be at fayetteville starting tonight.... where are you at in NC? you can PM me if you want! maybe we can meet up! i'm on crutches ( broken leg) but we could still munch some papayas and pineapple i am bringing with me!

tiffany

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables